Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Frank Warren's really fell off it these days, has he not? Basically hanging onto Arum's coattails in the representation of Fury, has pretty much zero other fighters with high stock and it can be argued that even Eddie Hearn has overtaken him in the UK these days.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Because he doesn't want to be a fanny who talks about people without fighting them like Froch with Calzaghe.

You only call people out if you need a boost like Burns with Broner. Floyd never called anyone out. 

For someone who keeps telling us his goal is to be undisputed world champion, I don’t think he’s going to look like a fanny calling out the guy he needs to beat to achieve that, in a massive domestic fight that has been anticipated for years. Who else is he going to fight next? Dillian Whyte? Wilder? Usuk?Absolutely not. It’s going to be Fury. Say his name, say you want the fight that makes you undisputed champion. He looks like more of a fanny not saying it. 

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Joshua called out Wilder for years. Wilder didn't fancy it. Joshua still gets hassle for the fight never happening.

Hilarious to see folk call out AJ for fighting bums. Is Fury's record really much better?

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

For someone who keeps telling us his goal is to be undisputed world champion, I don’t think he’s going to look like a fanny calling out the guy he needs to beat to achieve that, in a massive domestic fight that has been anticipated for years. Who else is he going to fight next? Dillian Whyte? Wilder? Usuk?Absolutely not. It’s going to be Fury. Say his name, say you want the fight that makes you undisputed champion. He looks like more of a fanny not saying it. 

Nah it's just a pride thing. You don't win then talk about some other guy. 

The fight is going to happen now anyway because every party involved needs the cash. I'm sure we'll see it in 2021.

Just now, Detournement said:

Nah it's just a pride thing. You don't win then talk about some other guy. 

Hearn invited Fury to the fight tonight so they could go head to head in the ring. :lol: 

Almost every fight I’ve ever watched has the winning boxer coming out and saying who they want next. 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hilarious to see folk call out AJ for fighting bums. Is Fury's record really much better?

Nope - and as AJ pointed out through the week - Fury has been in this game a lot longer.

Sure, he took a few years off to trade primarily in cocaine and homophobic abuse but he's still been a professional a lot longer. 

Joshua takes Fury out. Fury takes out Wilder. Wilder takes out Joshua. 

It's just that way it is. 

On the fight, I thought the ref SHOULD have stopped it in the 3rd, when Pulev turned his back on his opponent.

Otherwise, I gave AJ 1-3 (10-8) & Pulev 4-6 (though close), 7 was even. 7 & 8 going AJ's way. Then 9 sealed it, with a cracking KO.

Pulev was clearly his toughest test, outwith Wlad, & he's come through it. Shown a bit of patience, when the KO didn't come in the 3rd, & appeared to be limiting opportunities of walking onto a big punch.

Was interesting to hear Peter Fury's views on the fight & any future fight with Tyson. Appeared both open & honest.

As to the future, would Usyk take step aside cash, to fight for the undisputed title? Or will AJ vacate, to then take the chance, of facing a winner of Usyk/Joyce? The WBC might have a bit of a say on their mandatory being given a chance.

"Undisputed" might be some way off.

4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Hearn invited Fury to the fight tonight so they could go head to head in the ring. :lol: 

Almost every fight I’ve ever watched has the winning boxer coming out and saying who they want next. 

Fury doesn't turn up but AJ talks about him anyway?

Basic stuff.

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

On the fight, I thought the ref SHOULD have stopped it in the 3rd, when Pulev turned his back on his opponent.
Otherwise, I gave AJ 1-3 (10-8) & Pulev 4-6 (though close), 7 was even. 7 & 8 going AJ's way. Then 9 sealed it, with a cracking KO.
Pulev was clearly his toughest test, outwith Wlad, & he's come through it. Shown a bit of patience, when the KO didn't come in the 3rd, & appeared to be limiting opportunities of walking onto a big punch.
Was interesting to hear Peter Fury's views on the fight & any future fight with Tyson. Appeared both open & honest.
As to the future, would Usyk take step aside cash, to fight for the undisputed title? Or will AJ vacate, to then take the chance, of facing a winner of Usyk/Joyce? The WBC might have a bit of a say on their mandatory being given a chance.
"Undisputed" might be some way off.

What did Peter Fury say?

9 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

lol, no, brother.

Easy to set aside brother, but Joyce is a far stiffer test than Pulev, who is absolutely made for Joshua. I'd obvs take Joshua to beat Joyce but his jabs would give AJ fits. 

Still, looking forward to a Fury masterclass against Joshua, would imagine it would be relatively similar to Wilder 2 and he would have Joshua out of there in 7 or less. 

Edited by JMDP

In 2021 Joe Joyce will unify the heavyweight division by roundhouse kicking both Fury and Joshua in the head.DeterminedInbornLcont-max-1mb.gif.15bfd618b9a731ec12f9a26476a432c0.gif
Usyk will then eat his heart.

Throw in Wilder landing a straight right on Dillian Whyte that removes his head from his shoulders and that’s a PPV I’d definitely pay for.

21 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

In 2021 Joe Joyce will unify the heavyweight division by roundhouse kicking both Fury and Joshua in the head.DeterminedInbornLcont-max-1mb.gif.15bfd618b9a731ec12f9a26476a432c0.gif

Usyk will then eat his heart.

I honestly think, from a boxing perspective, Usyk would give either AJ or Fury their biggest problem.

*Edit. If only JJ was as fluid with his boxing.

Edited by kiddy

3 hours ago, JMDP said:

A good win for Joshua but Pulev was poor. Let's not hide behind Pulev being mandatory, he isn't a top 10 heavyweight.

Fury beats Joshua 99 times out of 100. I'd even give Joyce a shout at Joshua tbh.

Have a word.

It's clear the only current heavyweight who is up for beating Joshua now is Fury.