Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Are we truly surprised by the two scumbag clubs acting this way. They think they are above the law. And in Scotland they generally are. They never get touched, whilst every other club in the land gets totally screwed over.

“If you ignore all the evidence to the contrary, then my point is definitely true!”

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

This will mean Keith Jackson joining Chris McLaughlin and the guy from The Athletic.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-should-say-sorry-child-23500116

Possibly, but perhaps Jackson also needs to reflect that - as a journalist for over 25 years - he shouldnt really be writing nonsense like this either - 

"And let’s be brutally honest, they infiltrated it in vast numbers.

Back in the 70s and 80s almost every boys’ club had a dangerous, dubious character floating around somewhere, either on its periphery or, in some cases, at its helm."

He is a slavering erse and always will be.

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Honestly, Rangers and Celtic fans slagging each other off over who's worse - both clubs are full of arseholes! Cannot believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.

Now I do not like either team, but Celtic have fucked it and Rangers have an opportunity here to come out with at least a tiny bit of class. The offending players should be excluded from first team activities for the rest of the season and condemned. No fans should be defending them, it's completely irresponsible.

It really is just hard to laugh at both of you like we all normally do when your behaviour has serious real world consequences. Please, just return to being laughing stocks rather than dangerous laughing stocks, for all our sakes.

I can’t quite believe that I’m doing this, but Rangers, at the moment anyway, are coming out of this well. They’ve initiated an investigation and if the last situation like this is anything to go by, they will suspend anyone found to be in breach of the Covid laws and accept any further ban from the SFA/SPFL without comment. Compare this way of dealing with things to Celtic’s New Year shenanigans. Everything was everybody else’s fault, they were hard done by, it was a political conspiracy, blah blah blah. And the Rangers fans on here have accepted that the players are idiots, if indeed they have done this. 

I don’t see where our esteemed First Minister is coming from today, with a fresh warning for “football”. This is some guys who have, on the face of it, acted like idiots in their own time, nothing to do with being granted special privileges as elite athletes. Their employer is taking action so, in my mind, she should keep her warnings to herself.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t see where our esteemed First Minister is coming from today, with a fresh warning for “football”. This is some guys who have, on the face of it, acted like idiots in their own time, nothing to do with being granted special privileges as elite athletes. Their employer is taking action so, in my mind, she should keep her warnings to herself.

She's got too, if she says nothing then it's encouraging others to say fcuk it - let's have a sesh too.

I don't blame her for not being happy about it.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think she is right to remind people to keep to the rules but there will be house parties happening all the time and nobody will know, or care, what jobs the folk involved do. If it was four mechanics, would there be a warning to garages to get their house in order? It is right to remind or warn footballers in general because they are higher profile. But not “football”.

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t quite believe that I’m doing this, but Rangers, at the moment anyway, are coming out of this well. They’ve initiated an investigation and if the last situation like this is anything to go by, they will suspend anyone found to be in breach of the Covid laws and accept any further ban from the SFA/SPFL without comment. Compare this way of dealing with things to Celtic’s New Year shenanigans. Everything was everybody else’s fault, they were hard done by, it was a political conspiracy, blah blah blah. And the Rangers fans on here have accepted that the players are idiots, if indeed they have done this. 

I don't think there were many if any Celtic fans (bar Willie) who felt Dubai or indeed any breaches of Covid protocol have been anything less than an unacceptable way for us to go about our business. 

Sadly though the club in many ways are at odds with each other and very much at odds with the fans, most fans i know are embarrassed by the way we handled the Dubai affair, we have come out of this looking like absolute amateurs doubly so considering the 9 points we dropped in the aftermath of it. 

Those 9 points could have gone a long way to bridging the gap between us and Rangers and still would have meant we still had it in our own hands assuming we won all the games and our game in hand (big assumption i know) But to torpedo our own season in this fashion is just utterly mental

Edited by Jinky67

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

She's got too, if she says nothing then it's encouraging others to say fcuk it - let's have a sesh too.

I don't blame her for not being happy about it.

I don’t blame her for not being happy about it, but every time a person, who happens to be an employee of a football club, steps out of line, does she have to give it “Football needs to get their house in order” spiel? No, is the answer. 

I don’t blame her for not being happy about it, but every time a person, who happens to be an employee of a football club, steps out of line, does she have to give it “Football needs to get their house in order” spiel? No, is the answer. 
If journos are asking her the questions about footballers, then aye she will have to answer them.

Negative stories sell papers, especially if it involves either of the gruesome twosome.

Pretty much the reason why I haven't bought a paper in over a decade.

22 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Aberdeen fan talking in moderate tone and common sense on The Rangers thread shocker!

As for the others who seem to be able to make the leap from a couple of players and staff(?) behaving like fannies makes the whole club 'scum', I'm not so sure.  

You can rest assured that this will not happen again. I can’t afford a second yellow and a ban.

53 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Aye but football does have special privileges.  These guys are meeting in large numbers and are then, next morning at training, allowed to meet up with their large extended bubble.  If one of them catches Covid and takes it to training then I am sure you could see the consequences.  They were only granted the special privilege of their football bubbles on account that they did not mix with others outwith their immediate family (household  

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Livingston are clearly a money laundering facility for the drug gangs of West Lothian and more importantly, they claim to have an all weather pitch that has seen game 3 games postponed this season.

I believe Hibernian would forfeit the title due to it not sitting comfortably with their warrior poet image. Therefore Dundee United vs St Mirren is the only logical playoff outcome.

The way this is going it will soon whittle down to  a  Hertz / Falkirk play off 

46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s a hard one, she didn’t raise it, she was asked the question. She went down the generic football route which was consistent with what was said before and wasn’t lambasting Rangers specifically.

The club, and any club, should come down like a tonne of bricks on any players breaching protocol. 

Not for "Blah blah blah Covid, we are in it together", but because they placed the availability of tens of millions of pounds worth of assets at risk by potentially having key players have to self isolate if one of these throbbing twits or their mates tests positive. 

Its unlikely to affect the season per say but its still a major risk. 

Edited and the less harshly they are dealt with the more risk of further incidents. 

Edited by dorlomin