Gordon Strachan

Elixir

Whenever I listen to Strachan speaking about football, if he is a guest in the studio on BT Sport or whatever, I am usually struck by just how risible and utterly superficial his analysis of the game and players is. Perhaps I am guilty of being a little unfair on him, but most of what I hear is either extremely hackneyed or bordering on nonsensical; this has also been evident in some of his post-match comments after Scotland's most recent failures. I half expect it from a bloke down the pub shouting his mouth off, but I expect slightly better than that from the man employed to be manager of the national football team.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a dickhead, twice he has bottled resigning, I have lost ALL respect for the dud and even more for the useless arseholes at SFA, Levein, Burley and Vogts got sacked so why not this dud!!?

The aftermatch interview will just ask him about his future once the Slovenia game is over and then he will rant at them.

It certainly is the beginning of the end and surely he WILL eventually resign before its too late.

The mistake i think a lot of people are making here, is assuming that qualification has ever been seen as an aim in any way, shape or form from the current administration. It palpably hasn't. Media soundbites and the odd 'we can do it' have been thrown around simply to sell tickets....and through the ST system, with a guaranteed England ticket, the majority naturally snapped them up. Albeit slightly less in number than the last campaign, but still enough to give Regan his payday and bonus too, for returning such figures.

Would this bother people less if the team was winning? Much as i think the man is a w****r, he is less responsible for the crap on show than Strachan, and even less so when determining its results, and his customers agreed a fair price to attend the matches. The time for demos, lynch mobs and witch hunts were when he ducked out of any one of his dozen or so crises he has overseen. The Tartan Army, gullible and fickle as ever, proved that for all their 'Scottish only' bullshit, have a price just like everyone else. Except, other fans have some pride in their team, and wouldn't stand for a horrible little shit taking the piss and laughin at them. In fact, make that TWO horrible shits. Let them fester in their own urine. 

36 minutes ago, Lex said:

Not surprised to be honest, this Kafka-esque nightmare is showing no signs of ending. I also wouldn't be surprised if we finish fourth and he ends up getting a new deal for 2020 campaign, precedent and that.

There's a triangle of delusion, on one corner we have his slavish media fan boys, led by Keith Jackson. They're scared of him giving them a telt in a press conference and they're all good pals, so they toe the line. Listening to Keith defend Strachan on sportsound the other night was one of the most bizarre bits of radio I've ever heard.

Then we have the tartan army 'No Scotland no party' brigade. The same group who sang his name in Portugal after we finished 4th in the group. They lap up whatever shite is served by Scotland and almost seem to revel in supporting such a poor team. You can also find them saying stuff like 'our players are shite, therefore we shouldn't expect any better'. Wha's like us?

Then at the tip of the triangle we have Reagan and the SFA board. They seem to exist in an alternative reality at the best of times. These people at the top of our game genuinely believe that we can still qualify for Russia. It's beyond comical to be honest.

The reality is this is the worst Scotland team of all time. We have a manager who is failing in every facet of the job. His squads are wrong, his teams are wrong, his tactics are wrong and he treats fans and journalists with a poorly concealed, arrogant contempt.

The beatings will continue until the triangle is bust open. I don't know how many more disastrous results it will take. I thought failure to beat Lithuania at home and then thorough pastings by very average Slovakia and England teams would be enough to get him out the door. I was wrong.

Brilliant post. Absolutely sums it up for me

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Yup. To bag 20 points in total we'd have to win 5 of out last 6 games and draw the other. Wake up, not a chance that will happen. Not a chance.

Of course what makes it even worse is that we've already played Malta away and Lithuania at home - i.e. 2 of the 3 easiest games have been and we didn't even get maximum points in those.

It's mathematically possible but there isn't a single indicator that a team which hobbled to a home draw with Lithuania, and took a pair of spankings off Slovakia and England, is now going to (say) beat Slovenia home-'n-away, beat Slovakia at home, beat Lithuania away, and draw with England at home. None.

Giving a horrendous manager who's failed at his job a new contract, watching him make the same horrendous failures, then being unable to pay out the contract you've rewarded him for achieving sweet f**k all. Who'd have though it eh?

I'll not be buying any tickets for Scotland matches as long as Regan and co are involved and/ or Strachan is the manager. Hopefully the glorified friendly against England at Hampden is nowhere near full, as money's the only thing that will make these c***s wake up and smell the coffee. 

What I will say is that Strachan is a selfish wee b*****d, but I also think he's within his rights to be. He's got a well paying job with a decent chance of not getting another for a while, so why not milk it for what it's worth? Especially when he seems not to be someone who cares about the outcome of this. It's up to the SFA to do the right thing here, not him. And they simply don't have the balls to do it.

This is basically the SFA digging their heels in saying f**k you lot, what do you know  , we will decide. 

If only more of the TA had a bit backbone and stopped there revenue we'd have the last laugh, but naw some are more interested in getting dressed up and pinning a match badge on there glengarry to prove how elite they are

It's pathetic

They have a 7-figure surplus in the bank...

Do they? Is this money not earmarked for anything?

Maybe they could spend it on all these indoor pitches we need. Or an advertising campaign to get kids to stop using Playstations and run about.

10 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

There's Lennon giving his bit, obviously saying pretty much the standard media retort. As for McGhee's interview, he serms to be picking up Strachan's deflection skills very nicely. Comparing Slovakia and England to Spain and France, what a fucking disaster. 

Actually, it would seem that WGS has delegated interviews to McGhee 100%. Nice.

33 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

What I will say is that Strachan is a selfish wee b*****d, but I also think he's within his rights to be. He's got a well paying job with a decent chance of not getting another for a while, so why not milk it for what it's worth? Especially when he seems not to be someone who cares about the outcome of this. It's up to the SFA to do the right thing here, not him. And they simply don't have the balls to do it.

You have to admire the little wretch in a way.

His bosses are too scared/skint to sack him and he has an army of lickspittle ex/current players and managers only too willing to cover his arse in the media. He even admitted he doesn't fear the sack as he'll just go and play golf.

Nice work if you can get it.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Not surprised to be honest, this Kafka-esque nightmare is showing no signs of ending. I also wouldn't be surprised if we finish fourth and he ends up getting a new deal for 2020 campaign, precedent and that.

There's a triangle of delusion, on one corner we have his slavish media fan boys, led by Keith Jackson. They're scared of him giving them a telt in a press conference and they're all good pals, so they toe the line. Listening to Keith defend Strachan on sportsound the other night was one of the most bizarre bits of radio I've ever heard.

Then we have the tartan army 'No Scotland no party' brigade. The same group who sang his name in Portugal after we finished 4th in the group. They lap up whatever shite is served by Scotland and almost seem to revel in supporting such a poor team. You can also find them saying stuff like 'our players are shite, therefore we shouldn't expect any better'. Wha's like us?

Then at the tip of the triangle we have Reagan and the SFA board. They seem to exist in an alternative reality at the best of times. These people at the top of our game genuinely believe that we can still qualify for Russia. It's beyond comical to be honest.

The reality is this is the worst Scotland team of all time. We have a manager who is failing in every facet of the job. His squads are wrong, his teams are wrong, his tactics are wrong and he treats fans and journalists with a poorly concealed, arrogant contempt.

The beatings will continue until the triangle is bust open. I don't know how many more disastrous results it will take. I thought failure to beat Lithuania at home and then thorough pastings by very average Slovakia and England teams would be enough to get him out the door. I was wrong.

A quite tremendous summary of this ongoing utter clusterfuck. 

I genuinely hope we are absolutely dicked in every remaining qualifier if there's even a chance that it would force a major change. It won't though, Strachan will f**k off into the sunset with a sizeable reward for abject failure, then Regan and his fucking idiot cohorts will then appoint someone even less imaginative and so the cycle of shiteness will continue. A succession of risibly poor Managers have left us in a position where we are absolutely fucking shite. However bad we get though, the TA will buy the season tickets and fund the gravy train, because getting pished somewhere abroad is all that matters. 

58 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Bingo.

Guest DAVIDB69
Yup. To bag 20 points in total we'd have to win 5 of out last 6 games and draw the other. Wake up, not a chance that will happen. Not a chance.

We won't get to double figures in points

Archived