Gordon Strachan

Elixir

“Although we have had a difficult start to the campaign, I firmly believe that this group of players, together with our supporters, can maximise our chances of a play-off place, starting with the home match against Slovenia in March.”

Probably the most depressing statement ever.

Same 'group' of failed players, "maximise our chances" , absolutely no progress, no improvements, no changes for the next 4 months before we get embarrassed at a hopefully empty Hampden in March. 

What a load of utter pish.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This blind loyalty has to stop. I'd never question anyone supporting there team but there comes a time when you have to "enough is enough" Boycott the remaining games, yes England included, cut off all money streams to them as that is the only language they know

They are not fit to wear the blazers, anyone who does go then surely they've got to give Strachan, Regan and co pelters for 90 minutes

They are taking the piss out of us yet some folk are too egotisticaly elite to see this, as long as they get the frock on and glengarry with 12" feathers on they are happy

It's about time we made a stand. Our game has been on its knees for since the turn of the century yet the SFA are doing nothing to try and rectify this

This is beyond belief and the sooner the Tartan Army waken up and realise then the better

There MUST be some way to deter the foot soldiers from carrying on with their lemming-like behaviour.
Could we not build a Trump-style wall round Hampden to keep them out?

You'll not find many 'foot soldiers' that back this statement!!!!!

I'm afraid I don't see how Strachan or Regan and SFA Board can actually believe the quotes they've made about

"improving our qualification prospects"... "still being in contention"... "recover the position"... "maximising our chances of a playoff place"... "qualification still obtainable"... etc.

I don't see how any intelligent person in possession of the facts can.

Having taken 4pts from 4 games, we'd need to take 15pts-16pts from the last 6 games. Even then we might be relying on other results.

Is it mathematically possible? Yes.

Is it at all likely? No.

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'm afraid I don't see how Strachan or Regan and SFA Board can actually believe the quotes they've made about

"improving our qualification prospects"... "still being in contention"... "recover the position"... "maximising our chances of a playoff place"... "qualification still obtainable"... etc.

I don't see how any intelligent person in possession of the facts can.

Having taken 4pts from 4 games, we'd need to take 15pts-16pts from the last 6 games. Even then we might be relying on other results.

Is it mathematically possible? Yes.

Is it at all likely? No.

Yup. To bag 20 points in total we'd have to win 5 of out last 6 games and draw the other. Wake up, not a chance that will happen. Not a chance.

Not surprised to be honest, this Kafka-esque nightmare is showing no signs of ending. I also wouldn't be surprised if we finish fourth and he ends up getting a new deal for 2020 campaign, precedent and that.

There's a triangle of delusion, on one corner we have his slavish media fan boys, led by Keith Jackson. They're scared of him giving them a telt in a press conference and they're all good pals, so they toe the line. Listening to Keith defend Strachan on sportsound the other night was one of the most bizarre bits of radio I've ever heard.

Then we have the tartan army 'No Scotland no party' brigade. The same group who sang his name in Portugal after we finished 4th in the group. They lap up whatever shite is served by Scotland and almost seem to revel in supporting such a poor team. You can also find them saying stuff like 'our players are shite, therefore we shouldn't expect any better'. Wha's like us?

Then at the tip of the triangle we have Reagan and the SFA board. They seem to exist in an alternative reality at the best of times. These people at the top of our game genuinely believe that we can still qualify for Russia. It's beyond comical to be honest.

The reality is this is the worst Scotland team of all time. We have a manager who is failing in every facet of the job. His squads are wrong, his teams are wrong, his tactics are wrong and he treats fans and journalists with a poorly concealed, arrogant contempt.

The beatings will continue until the triangle is bust open. I don't know how many more disastrous results it will take. I thought failure to beat Lithuania at home and then thorough pastings by very average Slovakia and England teams would be enough to get him out the door. I was wrong.

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

Not surprised to be honest, this Kafka-esque nightmare is showing no signs of ending. I also wouldn't be surprised if we finish fourth and he ends up getting a new deal for 2020 campaign, precedent and that.

There's a triangle of delusion, on one corner we have his slavish media fan boys, led by Keith Jackson. They're scared of him giving them a telt in a press conference and they're all good pals, so they toe the line. Listening to Keith defend Strachan on sportsound the other night was one of the most bizarre bits of radio I've ever heard.

Then we have the tartan army 'No Scotland no party' brigade. The same group who sang his name in Portugal after we finished 4th in the group. They lap up whatever shite is served by Scotland and almost seem to revel in supporting such a poor team. You can also find them saying stuff like 'our players are shite, therefore we shouldn't expect any better'. Wha's like us?

Then at the tip of the triangle we have Reagan and the SFA board. They seem to exist in an alternative reality at the best of times. These people at the top of our game genuinely believe that we can still qualify for Russia. It's beyond comical to be honest.

The reality is this is the worst Scotland team of all time. We have a manager who is failing in every facet of the job. His squads are wrong, his teams are wrong, his tactics are wrong and he treats fans and journalists with a poorly concealed, arrogant contempt.

The beatings will continue until the triangle is bust open. I don't know how many more disastrous results it will take. I thought failure to beat Lithuania at home and then thorough pastings by very average Slovakia and England teams would be enough to get him out the door. I was wrong.

Totally on the money there, mate. Carried unanimously.

The absolute minimum we need to make the playoffs from here is five wins and one draw. That might not even be enough. Now, I don't think any manager in the world could realistically take over and achieve that, but to allow Strachan to keep his job on the basis that he can still lead us to qualification when he is personally responsible for being in this position in the first place is beyond belief.

We are absolutely as bad just now as we were in the last days of Levein, when the SFA finally sacked him a year too late. Now, more than a year on from the first time Strachan should have left his job, we've fallen so far that we're back at the Levein stage, Strachan's position is beyond untenable, and they still won't sack him. What's it going to take for them to get rid of him? Are they waiting until qualification becomes mathematically impossible, when it's already realistically gone? Will that not even do? Will it take a defeat in Lithuania? Failing to beat Malta at home? How bad does it have to get before the SFA stop rewarding this abject, disgraceful failure?

If the spineless b*****ds would just sack him now, it would give the new manager half a dozen games to try out new players/formations/tactics etc in preparation for the next euro qualifiers. Instead, he will hang on til we finish second bottom and walk at the end of this disasterous campaign

It's really not unimaginable for WGS to get to the end of his contract and the SFA to announce that they'll be having a sit-down chat to decide if the manager wants to continue in the role.

Surely he won't, though. Will he?  :shutup

What's the point?

Have tickets all been sold for our upcoming games? If not then it'll be Wales'esque in the millennium for our remaining games.

f**k the SFA. c***s. More angry at the Blazers here than Strachan.

Shite.

Strachan is just as culpable is them.

They are spineless shitebags for not relieving Strachan of his duties.

Strachan's a spineless shitebag for not doing the decent thing and getting himself to f**k.

What an absolute embarrassment of a national side we are.

Archived