Blast From The Past!

1 hour ago, L'immortale Par said:

This might be your cup of tea. Was reading about it earlier and admiring some dross like Marinas (not Aqua), Novas, Cortinas..

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/magazine/festival-of-the-unexceptional-2019/

938356C5-3E2D-4A30-9105-8DAE1B6B12E9.jpeg

Ah yes, my first car, a Nova 2 door saloon. Price then £150, price now £3k.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg.991af52462c5b981f7e6dc18f7eaccb4.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg.9c787f96f367150a5794b391765421fd.jpg
My first car was a Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 GLS Saloon, reg no B971 WYV. It was a strange mix of old and new technology. On the one hand it had alloy wheels, central locking and electric windows (only in the front though), on the other hand it had a manual choke and a manual slide and tilt sunroof, which took ages to open and close.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

My first car was a Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 GLS Saloon, reg no B971 WYV. It was a strange mix of old and new technology. On the one hand it had alloy wheels, central locking and electric windows (only in the front though), on the other hand it had a manual choke and a manual slide and tilt sunroof, which took ages to open and close.

The car must have been from 1983/4 - though I don;t know when you bought it.

My first car was a B-Reg 1.3 Astra which I got as a company car when I joined Xerox as a graduate trainee in 1984.  When I joined I'd not passed my driving test and they gave me 12 weeks to do so or they'd sack me.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

My first car was a B-Reg 1.3 Astra which I got as a company car when I joined Xerox as a graduate trainee in 1984.  When I joined I'd not passed my driving test and they gave me 12 weeks to do so or they'd sack me.

In about 1983 my old man came home with his company car list. It was full of very boring options but at the bottom of the list was something a bit tastier. A 2.0S Capri (just like in pic below) Not the most practical family car (I had two older siblings).

7410FFC3-09F6-4953-AE29-CF8611555F24.jpeg

It was an 84 reg IIRC, I got it in February 92 after I passed my test. Got about 2 years out of it before it rusted to bits.

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

My first car was the 4 door version of that, a big, meaty 1.3!

I too had a 4 door nova 1.2 merit which meant it had a clock. Manual choke 4 speed and a diy installed sunroof.

It was shite but it was mine and I still have great memories of it. I would swap my current car for it  now in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Beautiful. 

Come On Reaction GIF

Beautiful. 

The Fiesta ended up in a field near St Andrews. Let the recovery guys keep in it lieu of payment. Lancia was stupid looking but it had luxuries like central locking and a Blaupunkt.