Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

An excellent B-plot to this saga is predicting the timescale for Craig Murray to commit contempt of court again. Some laugh if he ends up back in prison before Murrell gets there.

Hes already teasing that he "knows all" so entirely possible.

Have to say I have always found him a contemptible wee shite and its peak minter territory that his every word is being hung on to by both Unionists AND Alba bams...........

29 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Could be putup to spare him doing a perp walk.  Or they might need to protect documents, hard drives etc.  Seems excessive and if it is to spare his blushes it's a disgrace. 

Worth stating that it's pretty clear Nicola Sturgeon stood up in front of the country a few weeks ago and lied through her teeth about why she was resigning.  Maybe she isn't the sainted glorious leader that so many people in this country think she is.  I wonder if she's ever lied about anything else important?  🤔

I'd like to think the tent is up because they're digging for the money, but it might just be to avoid the media seeing what's coming in and out of the house.

Given the rumours about the state of their marriage, I'm naively willing to believe they discussed very little together.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Anyone think that this is all a bit of political theatre and once it comes out in the wash Murrell will either not be charged or found not guilty?

I'm not convinced it's criminal. As Deetildeath said, it's morally wrong for sure and there have been warning signs that the party ignored. Politically that is difficult for the party to wriggle out of.

Also, I don't think the £600k being spent is the only issue though. I suspect some of the spending is dubious as well - not sure its Trump levels but I think even what it's been spent on and how it's been reported to the Elecotral commission and reported in the Accounts is an issue as well.

As I say, this is my suspicions and gut feel. It could be nonsense on my part.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not convinced it's criminal. As Deetildeath said, it's morally wrong for sure and there have been warning signs that the party ignored. Politically that is difficult for the party to wriggle out of.

Also, I don't think the £600k being spent is the only issue though. I suspect some of the spending is dubious as well - not sure its Trump levels but I think even what it's been spent on and how it's been reported to the Elecotral commission and reported in the Accounts is an issue as well.

As I say, this is my suspicions and gut feel. It could be nonsense on my part.

Yep, but this is kinda where I am as well.

I think there is an issue with where the money was spent...........but could it be argued either way? Who knows, lawyers will look at it no doubt.

As you say, the issue is criminal charges - and if they find nothing, then it will be (more) egg on the face of the Crown office.......

39 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Could be putup to spare him doing a perp walk.  Or they might need to protect documents, hard drives etc.  Seems excessive and if it is to spare his blushes it's a disgrace. 

Worth stating that it's pretty clear Nicola Sturgeon stood up in front of the country a few weeks ago and lied through her teeth about why she was resigning.  Maybe she isn't the sainted glorious leader that so many people in this country think she is.  I wonder if she's ever lied about anything else important?  🤔

Redacted, shredded or deleted?

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yep, but this is kinda where I am as well.

I think there is an issue with where the money was spent...........but could it be argued either way? Who knows, lawyers will look at it no doubt.

As you say, the issue is criminal charges - and if they find nothing, then it will be (more) egg on the face of the Crown office.......

If there are no criminal charges it will simply be proof that Police Scotland remain firmly in Wee Nippy's pocket, as arresting him in the first place of course causes no damage.

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

LouiseScottITV

'Locals tell me that Nicola Sturgeon was picked up at 8.10 before unmarked police vehicles and a van arrived at 8.30'

How fortunate for her....

Ah! A Rangers lite supporter having a wee hard on over the Police doing some investigations.