"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

4 hours ago, fishy said:

I think the best we can hope for from this is that despite the buzz words and cryptobro energy is that this guy is a semi decent business consultant or is at least a front for someone that is and overhauls the business side of the club. Go for the low hanging fruits like binning Gardiner (and Ferguson), improving hospitality and other revenue generating activities, and getting local businesses back onside. There's always a chance he can tap into the tourist market or lean into foreign investment leaning into being part of the Highlands and some potentially some sort of online improvement.

Saying all that, I fully expect this to crash and burn and we'll be on a worse place than we started at and on our way to the highland league. Thank f**k we have no assets as that at least rules out them being asset strippers.

It has all been orchestrated by the daft c**t, he's going nowhere until he milks as much money as he can out another Scottish football club. This time he might actually succeed in killing them off. 

How he isn't in jail yet is a mystery, he is an absolute con artist of the highest order

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Not sure how people expect us mere supporters of the club to have successfully lobbied the board into living within their means when emails don’t get replied to (see Mike Edward’s for a blatant example), any criticism of the club sees their access cut off (Wyness Shuffle for example) and journalists can’t be too critical either or they won’t be invited back.

With Gardiner et al involved it’s been one hair brained scheme after another 

There's something that a fanbase can cut off in reciprocation for a board's gross negligence. A Scottish football club does not operate without money through the gate.

I don't want to get up on a self-righteous soapbox but fan boycotts do exist and have worked to achieve change. That brinkmanship led to our administration 25 years ago, but also succeeded in emptying the cancer that was Hugh Scott as owner of our club. 

Inverness have been rapidly circling the drain in terms of financial mismanagement for years - those ruinous losses were all in the public domain. Fans of any club have to call that out before the shit finally hits the fan or nobody else will. 

If Caley are truly skint and this new guy is a complete fraudster, they need to at least embrace the bit and get rid of Ferguson whilst they're pretending they've got a bit of money before it all goes even more horribly wrong.

It's gonna be messy enough without Ferguson's mismanagement of the team.

That was one of the worst performances from an opposition side I have ever witnessed. It got to the point where I genuinely felt ever so slightly sorry for Caley and the team they used to be.

Shocked to hear that Ferguson's possession at all costs which didn't work last season isn't working this season with less experienced players and, at least today, a much higher standard of opposition. 

The guy is an absolute fraud. 

9 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Another double for Roddy MacGregor today. 

Didn't pass the ball backwards enough for Ferguson IMO. 

We won't be playing Premiership teams every week, thankfully we can take solace from the fact the rest of our seaside league compatriates are crap too going by results.

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

You'll be welcome in this thread when you personally witness your team hoisting the Scottish Cup trophy. 

The earth will be burnt to a crisp by the dying sun and humanity becomes extinct before that ever happens.

Jeez that was painful. To be fair Dundee were pretty relentless, can see they were ruthless all over the park but Caley just played right into our hands. What’s with playing the ball out constantly? So naive. Clearly bigger issues than the manager (I think?) but was actually sad to see today. Sorry to be patronising. 

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Not a fucking chance I’ll be watching those.

It was morbid curiosity as I read we kept trying to play through the relentless Dundee press and at least 3 of the first 5 goals the ball getting nicked off us in the final third. 

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It was morbid curiosity as I read we kept trying to play through the relentless Dundee press and at least 3 of the first 5 goals the ball getting nicked off us in the final third. 

Fair enough, can’t even blame playing the kids etc as there were only 3 of them bloody starting, unless you want to include Brooks in that. Nobody was expecting to win this but it sounds like the way we lost it was a complete disgrace.

10 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

God this does not look good at all.

Firstly, turning the acquisition of a football club into a story about yourself is 100% knobhead energy. The fact that this guy has been 'on a quest to become a football club owner' and has failed in the last 6 attempts is surely a red flag - has this same 'vision' which he applies indiscriminantly at every football club/his plaything willing to listen to him.

Good to see him deleting negative comments on the linkedin post, that bodes well.

And most irritatingly - how the f**k did giving up help him? It seems as if the final attempt and getting a tip-off from his mate are completely unrelated.

Wishing you all the best, but very much fearing the worst with this muppet

8 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

If this clown actually does own Hayes & Yeading then that means he's recently passed the English Owners and Directors Test which goes down as low as the Isthmian Leagues. Hibs and St Johnstone had to get extra permission for their new guys to be involved in clubs either side of the border but as he apparently only bought H&Y earlier this year it looks unlikely the FA would scupper this move so that's another escape route probably closed. 

The fact that no one's sure whether or not he owns a different football club is a problem surely....

His linkedin post saying that he's finally owner of a football club after 6 failed attempts suggests the H&Y thing didn't go through.

11 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Imagine how delighted he's going to be next year when he's plastered all over BBC for running Caley into the ground. 

More red flags here than in Minesweeper. 

1000047936.jpg

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Imagine how delighted he's going to be next year when he's plastered all over BBC for running Caley into the ground. 

More red flags here than in Minesweeper. 

1000047936.jpg

“I couldn’t find anything on this club” not trying to suggest we are some massive club but if you have an internet connection and google it’s all fucking there.

I am praying this doesn’t make it past the next stage, whatever that is, as this will be a total fucking disaster if it goes through.