• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Linlithgow Rose fans, who watched him every week and not just his goals on YouTube, were not massively sad to see him go. His one trick of cutting inside and shooting into the far corner was very effective but he didn't have much else and he was infuriating in his unwillingness to pass. Also, he had a great chance to put us ahead in a cup tie against Raith Rovers and blew it, which suggested to me that he might not have the composure to play at a much higher level. 

The lesson to be learned: never trust a highlights reel.

Absolutely

Dylan Patterson another one I’ve just remembered - maybe more all rounded but just couldn’t really cut it. Not checked in on him in a while but last I seen he was absolutely flying for you, but that must be a while ago now 

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

A shame for the decent fans but you'd be throwing money away adding to any crowd funder. 

It would have been nice if the long letter mentioned anything about what the plans are for November's cash flow, because you can't expect people to raise 200 grand a month, that's a fantasy. So if a legit buyer is "aspirational" then you've got to ask if there's any real difference between going into admin at the end of this month or the next? In which case people would be better off holding onto their pounds and buying a shirt or otherwise putting money into the club when it's not likely to go straight into the pockets of the administrators.

How the f**k has the club managed to lose £1.2m in The Championship? Scot Gardiner has some cheek suing the club given the mess he's presided over - gross mismanagement if I've ever seen it. 

The same level of loss this season is probably about right even if the club has cut back. League One is where full time dies and you'll always take a huge hit unless you can have a very good cup run, which might make the hit "big" rather than "huge". Even so, was it wise to stay full time knowing the position the club was in? 

Raising £200k in two weeks is doable, but what is the plan after that? Based on the projected loss, that's two months of losses covered. The money will burn quickly. 

If there is a hope here, I am assuming that the directors to whom the bulk of money is owed have long since accepted they won't be seeing it again and would be happy to agree the smattering of change they'll get out of a CVA? 

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Absolutely

Dylan Patterson another one I’ve just remembered - maybe more all rounded but just couldn’t really cut it. Not checked in on him in a while but last I seen he was absolutely flying for you, but that must be a while ago now 

All round, at this level, IMO Patterson is better than Stowe. He was injured for a lot of last season and was a big part of why we didn't finish higher in the league. He could play L2 no bother, wouldn't look out of place against most sides in L1, but no further.

BTW, getting back to matters more relevant to ICT, Arbroath recently assembled the best part-time squad Scotland has seen in years and are a great example of how to make that work against full-time opposition.

Guess if you want to look on the bright side if you're a Caley fan, at least they are keeping you up to date with what is going on this time, unlike all summer long. Even if it is just because they've got the collection buckets out, still a step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That open letter is probably the most mental thing I’ve read.

The most mental thing to me is that they’re basing all these losses and numbers on the assumption that they finish SECOND this season??? That seems completely bonkers to me as they’re essentially accepting administration which will result in a 15 point deduction, and they’re not exactly flying at the moment so relegation could be on the cards 100%. Seems incredibly optimistic to me

43 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Is this the sort of attitude that encourages opposition fans to chip in to save ICT?

Here's how this will go:

- If our shareholders don't pony up, we go into admin. The crowdfunder is irrelevant as it doesn't solve the long term issue.

- Our idiot former directors and CEO - who the vast majority of our debt is owed to - will be offered a CVA. This will be their only chance to recover any money from the club, so they will accept.

- We'll undergo restructuring and some people may lose their jobs, hopefully including the entire coaching staff. If they start a crowdfunder, The Caley's worldwide fanbase will rally round as we did to save Aaron Doran's knee.

- We then come out of administration. Mr. Savage will take over the club at the point he has been waiting for, and will build us back up to where we belong, re-hiring people who had previously lost their jobs.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

1 minute ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

The most mental thing to me is that they’re basing all these losses and numbers on the assumption that they finish SECOND this season??? That seems completely bonkers to me as they’re essentially accepting administration which will result in a 15 point deduction, and they’re not exactly flying at the moment so relegation could be on the cards 100%. Seems incredibly optimistic to me

The amount between the positions in terms of prize money is nowhere near as much in L1 as it is in the Leagues above. It’ll be more money but a 2nd place finish compared to 7th or whatever is nothing too big in the grand scheme of things. Of course relegation is an entirely different thing though - I think… 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think the 2nd place finish statement is another way of saying they're not going to win it or go up.

That’s obvious though. Queens are going to win this silly league with ease. 

3 minutes ago, Weird Fishes said:

Bonar Bridge away sounds class in fairness.

Caley having to make the trek to North Kessock to face Inverness Athletic would certainly be a fun day out.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's time there was some optimism on this thread.

There will be when you gtf and get a thread of your own with Shite Bon Accord instead of bleating absolute drivel on here all day long, and I suppose on other club threads.