"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

4 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I agree with most of this post .however ayr utd have lived within their means for the last 20 years .the new chairman is building infrastructure to generate income long after he is gone .we currently run at a profit which is set to increase this financial year .in this day and age is fantastic for a football club no matter what level you are at . Can't imagine many others run at a profit in this country.

Ayr is a very well run club. The owner is spending big, but is doing it in a way that should help the club to become self sufficient in the medium term. The fanzone is excellent. The new stand / hospitality looks good from the outside (I haven’t been in yet). But I await their accounts for this year. It’s rumoured that they are “pushing the boat out” to get promotion this year. They have spent big in the summer. If they get promoted, it will all be worth it. If they don’t, then the club will have a large loss (I suspect) in their books. 

14 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Sandy. If you dislike this post. You want Duncan Ferguson to be your manager forever.

Movie 80S GIF

Running around the forum rattled by SandyCromarty. God almighty.

Edited by Sir Tarmo

32 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Fans just go along with it. Demamd more is spent. Never question if they should make cuts and work within a more financially stable budget. These fans laud it over the smaller clubs, how they are so much bigger, how they can get better player, how they are FT etc. But for the most part they are barely bigger than a number of PT teams. PT teams that year on year look yo balance the books. Never taking on huge risky debt to elevate themselves to a highet level.

And when the shit hits the fan, they just blame the owners cry foul. Yet they had no complaints when things were good but were still losing money.

You're talking utter shite once again. Here is a small selection of our fans flagging issues with the board going back years, and this is just from a two minute search.

On 03/10/2019 at 11:44, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

I’ve heard (from someone who knows a lot more than me, and knows a little bit about the situation) that we’re not facing administration at the moment and that’s a fair bit away yet. Apparently they are genuinely just begging for money though, no guarantees of anything or proof of a sustainable setup, no structure and no real forward planning. Given our last few ‘boards’ I wouldn’t be surprised if we piss any money away again given out apparent lack of financial nous.

On 28/02/2023 at 17:48, RiG said:

Losses have increased by something like £600,000 between May 2021 and May 2022. Incredibly alarming reading.

Accounts

ETA: The May 2021 accounts said that income from entertainment events and commercial parking were key to us meeting our liabilities over the next 12 months (i.e. to May 2023). Given how well those events went I suspect none of us will be reassured going forward.

On 28/02/2023 at 21:01, SandyCromarty said:

The accounts show the loss has been sustained via the net assets which are now almost a third of what they were in 2021 and now stand at £462,497.

Serious stuff which is usually explained by a company board statement which then normally contains warnings of drastic cost cutting measures to reduce expenses sometimes in the form of a draconian budget.

Clearly the concerts and a poor season with falling attendances had a hand in it but we now face further serious energy costs plus an uphill struggle to try to squeeze into the play offs or reach a SC semi.

On 28/02/2023 at 20:02, sophia said:

Coming concurrently with the expected but disquieting accounts figures, I feel the chill of winter.

On 24/02/2023 at 12:57, Stephen Malkmus said:

What do we reckon the total salaries are for this lot? Say on average they're getting £30k each (which is probably on the low side), that's £300k per year. We should get a doctor in as manager to save us a salary imo. Personally, I would do any of their jobs for free as I love The Caley so much.

Also, our accounts have to be submitted by the 28th so we should know how f**ked we are soon.

On 25/09/2019 at 14:45, bdu98196 said:

Big January clear out with players like Keatings, White, Walsh, Doran, Donaldson and any other sell-able assets away for 5 figure sums and some youth back from FW? Costs need slashed otherwise it'll be administration and the points deduction that goes with it. Lets hope we can hold off to get enough points until then that we won't be relegation fodder.

Those wishing for a wealthy investor and radical changes will likely be disappointed as the numbers associated with income to expenditure just don't stack up unfortunately. What we need is charitable donations on an annual basis as there is no return to consider it investments - so unless there's a business person/group looking to use it as a tax dodge like Uncle Roy we will be out of luck. (If they exist then why have they sat on the sidelines for so many years and not struck when we were at the 'peak'?)

On 18/03/2019 at 21:58, Fraz said:

We're a f**king omnishambles by the sounds of it. 

I thought this new board and structure was supposed to bring in an era of transparency, communication and businesses acumen? I'd laugh if I wasn't so worried that we are perilously close to administration. 

1 hour ago, michaelspinos said:

I don’t understand the glee being exhibited by fans of other clubs. Almost every full time club in the Championship or League 1 is in danger of following ICT into administration. QP are being bankrolled by a wealthy benefactor - what happens when he dies or gets bored with them. Partick are outspending their income by some distance. Ayr are bankrolled by their Chair. Falkirk were recently mortgaging their future by selling 10 year season tickets. Dunfermline are struggling after the withdrawal of their German backers. Raith are projecting a big loss for this season. The list goes on. At some point, clubs need to realise that you cannot gamble the existence of clubs on the chance of promotion to the Premiership. 
And the biggest lesson to learn from this fiasco is that a board should never give total control to a ceo. Directors must exercise close control over spending to ensure that ICT is not the first of many clubs to go under.

I doubt most championship and league one clubs are making multi million pound loses every season while getting progressively worse on the pitch at the same time. 

19 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

You're talking utter shite once again. Here is a small selection of our fans flagging issues with the board going back years, and this is just from a two minute search.

And yet you were still taking enormous pleasure at the thought you’d contributed to our downfall and you hoped you’d help kill us off. 

What sort of cunto are you?

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

And yet you were still taking enormous pleasure at the thought you’d contributed to our downfall and you hoped you’d help kill us off. 

What sort of cunto are you?

Yes, because I don't like Dundee and I do like The Caley. Hope this is now clear to you.

I don’t understand the glee being exhibited by fans of other clubs. Almost every full time club in the Championship or League 1 is in danger of following ICT into administration. QP are being bankrolled by a wealthy benefactor - what happens when he dies or gets bored with them. Partick are outspending their income by some distance. Ayr are bankrolled by their Chair. Falkirk were recently mortgaging their future by selling 10 year season tickets. Dunfermline are struggling after the withdrawal of their German backers. Raith are projecting a big loss for this season. The list goes on. At some point, clubs need to realise that you cannot gamble the existence of clubs on the chance of promotion to the Premiership. 
And the biggest lesson to learn from this fiasco is that a board should never give total control to a ceo. Directors must exercise close control over spending to ensure that ICT is not the first of many clubs to go under.

No glee being expressed by me.

Of course your list of clubs dicing with fate should also be expanded upwards to include County ... their time is coming, they just don't know exactly when.

The root cause is of course the structure of our leagues, but that's for another thread.

Ayr is a very well run club. The owner is spending big, but is doing it in a way that should help the club to become self sufficient in the medium term. The fanzone is excellent. The new stand / hospitality looks good from the outside (I haven’t been in yet). But I await their accounts for this year. It’s rumoured that they are “pushing the boat out” to get promotion this year. They have spent big in the summer. If they get promoted, it will all be worth it. If they don’t, then the club will have a large loss (I suspect) in their books. 

We aren't going for a moonshot season and hoping it pays off, but if it doesn't and also doesn't next season then I'm sure there will be a small scaling back.  

27 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Yes, because I don't like Dundee and I do like The Caley. Hope this is now clear to you.

Ha ha. Quite funny. Not as funny as watching you guys go down the shitter of course. Karma’s a cųnt. 

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Simple. Live within your means.

I despise any club that artificially inflates its spending power by spending what they dont have, racking up debt after debt and having owners cover that debt in the form of loans.

Fans just go along with it. Demamd more is spent. Never question if they should make cuts and work within a more financially stable budget. These fans laud it over the smaller clubs, how they are so much bigger, how they can get better player, how they are FT etc. But for the most part they are barely bigger than a number of PT teams. PT teams that year on year look yo balance the books. Never taking on huge risky debt to elevate themselves to a highet level.

And when the shit hits the fan, they just blame the owners cry foul. Yet they had no complaints when things were good but were still losing money.

Then resent everyone else for calling their team out for spending money it didnt have.

You reap what you sow.

fart-south-park.gif.ef2913d5ffae2bc67160dea1873b095b.gif