"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

He’s literally sacrificing his own income to try and help your club. He doesn’t need to do that. Maybe it is for ego etc but he’s still doing it.

I get that you are bitter due to his managerial record and your club being outed as financial doping cheats over the last few months but very few people would just accept their wages being cut to help their employer.

He literally hired his own son to sort him out knowing he wouldn't get be signed elsewhere, and he knows he's got no chance of another management job if he leaves now.

It's good of him to be deferring his wages (he can't legally work for free), but it's with an eye on what comes after.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That wasn't club money though. That was cash donated by fans that paid for that. Completely different but you tried.

Falkirk using their loyal fans as ATMs for disastrous schemes? That's completely unprecedented in recent years!! Oh, wait...

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Whilst Ferguson has clearly done a terrible job as manager and the relegation has affected the club I think he deserves a bit more respect for his own actions in reducing his wages and the other rumoured things he is doing.

I know ICT fans think his original contract was overpaid and all the other points but he is at least trying to help the club financially a bit. Just because you are a bad manager doesn’t make you a bad person.

I don't think anyone has said he's a bad bloke. He's not employed to be a good bloke though, he's employed to be a good manager. Something he most certainly is not. 

If he really wanted to help the club out he'd just quit and go away. He could even blame the financial issues as the reason he failed last season so he could get another job. Even though it was because he's a terrible pig-headed manager. Even currently working for free he's overpaid. 

Just now, Stephen Malkmus said:

He literally hired his own son to sort him out knowing he wouldn't get be signed elsewhere, and he knows he's got no chance of another management job if he leaves now.

It's good of him to be deferring his wages (he can't legally work for free), but it's with an eye on what comes after.

Surprised he’s having to do any of that considering you were on here telling us how financially solvent your club were minutes before they announced they were going to be going into administration.

You clearly have zero knowledge of what is happening at the club.

1 minute ago, Fraz said:

I don't think anyone has said he's a bad bloke. He's not employed to be a good bloke though, he's employed to be a good manager. Something he most certainly is not. 

If he really wanted to help the club out he'd just quit and go away. He could even blame the financial issues as the reason he failed last season so he could get another job. Even though it was because he's a terrible pig-headed manager. Even currently working for free he's overpaid. 

So who would manage the team for free once he leaves? Genuine question.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Surprised he’s having to do any of that considering you were on here telling us how financially solvent your club were minutes before they announced they were going to be going into administration.

You clearly have zero knowledge of what is happening at the club.

Yes, I have zero knowledge of the fact that Duncan Ferguson's son is part of our matchday squad. How could I possibly know that? 

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That wasn't club money though. That was cash donated by fans that paid for that. Completely different but you tried.

It’s always ‘different’ when it’s Falkirk

9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

He’s literally sacrificing his own income to try and help your club. He doesn’t need to do that. Maybe it is for ego etc but he’s still doing it.

I get that you are bitter due to his managerial record and your club being outed as financial doping cheats over the last few months but very few people would just accept their wages being cut to help their employer.

You can push whatever narrative you want but the “poor Duncan Ferguson” one is never going to wash with The Caley fanbase after over a year of taking massively inflated wages, playing negative football that got us relegated, being complicit in the Kelty move, going AWOL in the summer and not having any contact with our players who didn’t know if they were being kept or released. He’s a self driven scumbag filled with bullshit excuses. You don’t have a scooby what you’re talking about here.

So who would manage the team for free once he leaves? Genuine question.

Remember he'll want that pay at some point even if it's 'free' this second. So it's not really free. If he pissed off today with Bollan and his pish son I'd be happy with Christie and Kellacher as interim management. Assuming they'd take it of course.

Ferguson is barely around anyway I hear, though that may or may not be true. 

29 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We have the battery storage appeal decision due in November which will influence the appetite of the ex-directors to write off loans. I see a submission was made to Scot Gov on that last week.

We've got £3.4mil of debt to ex-directors, and £600k of debt comprised of money owed to Puma, HMRC, other creditors, and which also includes an allowance to cover Gardiner's £100k lawsuit. We're probably only owing local creditors a hundred thousand or so.

image.gif.9e426ee2549cec17862346c2693ea9ee.gif

5 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

You can push whatever narrative you want but the “poor Duncan Ferguson” one is never going to wash with The Caley fanbase after over a year of taking massively inflated wages, playing negative football that got us relegated, being complicit in the Kelty move, going AWOL in the summer and not having any contact with our players who didn’t know if they were being kept or released. He’s a self driven scumbag filled with bullshit excuses. You don’t have a scooby what you’re talking about here.

You’ve said it’s never going to wash with the Caley support and he’s a scumbag you’ve got other fans who have literally just said that he isn’t a bad guy.

Can’t be both surely.

I’m also not saying “poor Duncan Ferguson”. Despite his bankruptcy I would guess him or his family are still reasonably well off. It’s not as if I think he is really struggling or “poor” in terms of him bring hard done to by Caley either financially or otherwise. I just think he should get a bit of respect for at least trying to help in someway instead of just claiming his agreed contractual wage.

PS - I totally agree with you on the comments about Kelty, going AWOL and the stuff with the out of contract players and the boy who was injured.

Edited by Sortmeout

5 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Falkirk will be different soon.. very different...we will still be an ongoing club on the rise & ICT will be consigned to history with a tearful shrug..a romantic memory like Third Lanark 

You’ve said it’s never going to wash with the Caley support and he’s a scumbag you’ve got other fans who have literally just said that he isn’t a bad guy.

Can’t be both surely.

I’m also not saying “poor Duncan Ferguson”. Despite his bankruptcy I would guess him or his family are still reasonably well off. It’s not as if I think he is really struggling or “poor” in terms of him bring hard done to by Caley either financially or otherwise. I just think he should get a bit of respect for at least trying to help in someway instead of just claiming his agreed contractual wage.

I haven’t said he’s a good bloke, so you’re trying to force an argument that isn’t really there.

There’s a lot more ‘Big Dunc’ has to do to gain respect than simply defer his wages. As I mentioned in my previous post, he’s done a lot of unforgiveable things in his year at the club, and it’s okay to simply admit you weren’t aware of them. 

Just now, Sir Tarmo said:

I haven’t said he’s a good bloke, so you’re trying to force an argument that isn’t really there.

There’s a lot more ‘Big Dunc’ has to do to gain respect than simply defer his wages. As I mentioned in my previous post, he’s done a lot of unforgiveable things in his year at the club, and it’s okay to simply admit you weren’t aware of them. 

As you’ll have seen from my edited post I do agree with you on the football side of Ferguson’s conduct.

I was aware of them as it’s been discussed at length on this thread all summer.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

As you’ll have seen from my edited post I do agree with you on the football side of Ferguson’s conduct.

I was aware of them as it’s been discussed at length on this thread all summer.

If you’re aware of all these things you should understand why no The Caley fan has any respect for Ferguson.

2 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

If you’re aware of all these things you should understand why no The Caley fan has any respect for Ferguson.

The same way as you are aware that some other fans have little sympathy that your clubs cheating has caught up with them? 

Edited by Sortmeout

21 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Falkirk using their loyal fans as ATMs for disastrous schemes? That's completely unprecedented in recent years!! Oh, wait...

Hardly the club never asked the fans to provide the money the fans did it off their own back. And what was the other disastrous scheme? Christ an Airdrie/Clydebank fan criticising other clubs on how they are run is really quite something.

Edited by Shodwall cat