"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve had a wee look on the club website and some of the players have sponsors, some don’t. How up to date it is, I’ve no idea. Dunno why any business would bother sponsoring a player because it’s not exactly made clear on any social media. 

It was noticeable when Savage first arrived on the scene we had match sponsorship, very very basic things that aren’t going to make anyone a millionaire but they are a consistent revenue stream for a club of our size. 

Hate to keep repeating what everyone else has said but the previous regime completely disregarded this stuff and was going for, effectively, get rich quick schemes. 

None of it would have covered the losses but if you had every player sponsored, all the hoardings paid for every season and could fill out hospitality for even 50% of our home games you could have taken a fair chunk out of it.

This has also been repeated over and over again but Gardiner has no interest in dealing with the local businesses here. He obviously went the extra mile to piss them all off with the concert company but them investing in things like that are vital to every club at this level and to completely ignore them was incredible. I think this is why Savage keeps mentioning need their help. It will take time for these companies to want to start investing their money again, if they even want to do so again.

Current squad then

Goalkeepers - Musa Dibaga; Syzmon Rebilas

Defenders - Danny Devine, Matthew Strachan, Sam Nixon, Remi Savage, Connall Ewan (loan), Lewis Nicholson, Jake Davidson, James Nolan (loan).

Midfielders - Charlie Gilmour, Paul Allan, Callum Mackay, Adam MacKinnon, Keith Bray, Calum Macloed, Luis Longstaff

Strikers - Billy Mckay, Robbie Thompson, Charlie Reilly (loan)

A couple of those are out long term injured (Reily and Nicholson).

Is Reilly confirmed as longterm injured? Would've thought they would terminate the loan in that case. Or is it a case of there being no cost associated and they have more important things to deal with? 

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Current squad then

Defenders - Danny Devine, Matthew Strachan, Sam Nixon, Remi Savage, Connall Ewan (loan), Lewis Nicholson, Jake Davidson, James Nolan (loan).

Midfielders - Charlie Gilmour, Paul Allan, Callum Mackay, Adam MacKinnon, Keith Bray, Calum Macloed, Luis Longstaff

Ethan cairns out on loan? I thought he was injured? 

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Current squad then

Ethan Cairns, Shay Keogh and Corner (no idea his first name) as well.

2 minutes ago, fishy said:

Is Reilly confirmed as longterm injured? Would've thought they would terminate the loan in that case. Or is it a case of there being no cost associated and they have more important things to deal with? 

He was out for about 6 - 8 weeks but only with us until January so we might see him for one or two games at most. He didn't cost us a penny though so that will be why he is still here.

Edited by PB1994

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Sadly for us he didn't fry the fish, he f**ked it.

Hi I'm Scott Gardiner, you might remember me from such Scottish football f**kups as "The Stand With No Seats" and "The Multiple Administrations of Dundee"

37 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

IMG_5851.gif.51a24c4586033232ba6c1b200269a5bf.gif

Thing is. Ross Morrison still thinks he's great and has been 'victimised horrendously' Fking mentalist. 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Ethan Cairns, Shay Keogh and Corner (no idea his first name) as well.

I had forgotten about Cairns.  Keogh is about 16 or 17, no idea about Ben Corner.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Ask the Arbroath boys, they’ll catch you up 

The club far more likely to do a Brechin than ever mix it with the big boys.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Think it was mentioned he’s got a health issue, so doesn’t sound like a typical footballing injury 

I had it in my head he took an injury preseason and was a bit long term, hadn't heard about a health issue

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Ask the Arbroath boys, they’ll catch you up 

Just now, TheScarf said:

The club far more likely to do a Brechin than ever mix it with the big boys.

I mean at this point it’s basically just Exiled - who tries to wind up all the Arbroath fans too so… 

On the player front. I thought it would be far worse. Surprised Charlie Gilmour and Remi Savage still there to be honest 

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

@TheScarf and @SandyCromarty returning at exactly the same time. Very interesting.

I've been trying to work out who Sandy is 'irl' for years.  I've whittled it down to two people, one I still see at games and one I haven't for years.

I know he isn't me, nor me, he.

Edited by TheScarf