"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We should have been challenging for the title each of the last 2 seasons. Absolutely no doubt about that. Our squad has been as good as any in the league for the past 2 campaigns.

I agree we should be up there challenging. I disagree with @TheScarf though, there is no we should be going up this season about it.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

22 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I agree we should be up there challenging. I disagree with @TheScarf though, there is no we should be going up this season about it.

Why not? This is the weakest this division has been in years and probably will be for some time. I don’t see any other teams in the league that have a better squad than us. It’s a perfectly valid and acceptable opinion to have.

35 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Why not? This is the weakest this division has been in years and probably will be for some time. I don’t see any other teams in the league that have a better squad than us. It’s a perfectly valid and acceptable opinion to have.

Agreed we should never be sitting in the middle of this league at this stage.

37 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I see Steve Marcella has went to manage an Indian team, I would love to see have back as assistant+scout to our next Manager.

By many accounts from behind the scenes at the time Steve Marsella was a good scout (so much so that Butcher would sign players blind on his reference) but was seemingly a difficult character behind the scenes.  I heard more than once that the players didn't get on with him.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I personally don’t think we have the best squad or the best manager, furthermore we don’t have the largest budget as I’ve already explained. 

The minimum target should be and is to make the play offs. I think in regards to winning the league could we have won it? Yes.

Should we have won it? No.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, sophia said:

Yes, yes you did and so too did our management team.

I've fairly enjoyed reading these last couple of pages of what I think is performance art.

Sadly, those posts you refer to are a reflection of the poor state our club is in which represents the opinions of the majority of posters on here and CTO, yourself and a couple of others are clinging to the idea that all is well in an Emperors new clothes scenario while we are being realistic.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

Sadly, those posts you refer to are a reflection of the poor state our club is in which represents the opinions of the majority of posters on here and CTO, yourself and a couple of others are clinging to the idea that all is well in an Emperors new clothes scenario while we are being realistic.

Sandy, you've completely misjudged it. The majority that you refer to are a cohort in cahoots and you're the subject of an online gameshow that others are looking down upon, not unlike greek gods and we're they're puzzled by the persistent and obstinate egocentric negativity.

It's not too late to come out into the light, imbibe a doze of truth and reconciliation, take the step and breathe the positivity Sandy.

What surprises me is that no new contract offers have offered to either Billy Dodds (and the coaches if their also out of contract) or any of the players out of contract, it's a risky game waiting until the end of the season as they could easily be picked up on pre contracts.

I also unfortunately see Deas off and fully expect players like Doran, Walsh and Samuels to be off but tbh an overhaul (though hopefully not drastically) may be good for the squad providing the additions are good players, we can use the league cup as games where the new additions get used to our play etc as I'd rather promotion (in fact I'm getting very impatient now!) than a good league cup campaign. 

And just to keep @sophia and Co happy, even I am struggling to find anything to complain at now hence not posting as much lol, in fact I'm quietly optimistic of sneaking into 4th and reaching the cup final so I advise you to jump aboard the optimism train @SandyCromarty ;).

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

What surprises me is that no new contract offers have offered to either Billy Dodds (and the coaches if their also out of contract) or any of the players out of contract, it's a risky game waiting until the end of the season as they could easily be picked up on pre contracts.

I also unfortunately see Deas off and fully expect players like Doran, Walsh and Samuels to be off but tbh an overhaul (though hopefully not drastically) may be good for the squad providing the additions are good players, we can use the league cup as games where the new additions get used to our play etc as I'd rather promotion (in fact I'm getting very impatient now!) than a good league cup campaign. 

And just to keep @sophia and Co happy, even I am struggling to find anything to complain at now hence not posting as much lol, in fact I'm quietly optimistic of sneaking into 4th and reaching the cup final so I advise you to jump aboard the optimism train @SandyCromarty ;).

Probably wait until after the semi final, see if we can make the final and therefore gain financially. I believe the margins on who we can keep is very narrow, possible that had we not reached the semi final and are still in with a shout of the playoffs there would be a near complete clear out of players due to simply us not being able to afford them or afford to keep them. I still think we are going to have one of the youngest squads in the Championship next season. On the coaching, it has been rumoured Dodds is away end of season and this rumour has some traction.

Partick and Ayr meet on Saturday so there's going to be dropped points there from one of them or both obviously so if we continue this form and beat Cove we could be in 4th place on Saturday.

@SandyCromarty accused me of being close to the core and an employee of the club.

@TheScarf suggested I out myself as Billy Dodds’ son.

@Highland Capital and his alleged burner account the ghost of bdu accused me of being a happy clapper.

Let’s get this straight, suggesting injuries were the biggest problem for us this season is in NO way a defence of Billy Dodds. I have never seriously suggested he’s a good manager, never suggested he should get a new contract and never said he’s the best option currently or going forward. I have criticised him when I felt necessary. Although I don’t come on here a seething mess constantly crying for Dodds out, that doesn’t mean I’m Dodds in. (I would never suggest any of you are seething blubbering messes - that’s unsaid)  

I think rather than misconstruing my posts when there was no reason to do so, you should apologise to the fantastic and knowledgeable NorthStand10! 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

At least you’re not absolutely seething about it.

I’m actually not, it’s just sad to see what appears to be a small group of folk blinded by anger causing them to misconstrue posts. I had to nip it in the bud.

Nevertheless you boys really should apologise to a great man!

Edited by Guest

Billy Dodds predicting a repeat of long injury list due to lack of enough rest and recovery time from a long season before the next season starts up.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/5605348/caley-thistle-head-coach-billy-dodds-calls-for-schedule-shake-up-amid-injury-fears/

Its a point that gets made near the end of a season, every season. Too many games. But if games were cut there soon clubs would soon be complaining about lost income. Maybe we should be looking at what we are doing different that created that situation during first half of the season.

Just as well we don't have a fixture backlog the size of successful Auchinleck Talbot do every season, getting punished for their success.

He's a gimp but he has a point.  The Premiership play off set up is criminal and if we get to the SC final and get into the play offs and do well our schedule will be hellish yet again.

If we win the Scottish Cup, at least we can buy an entirely new team of ringers who want to play in Europe for the guaranteed group stages - they'll be fairly rested at least!

44 minutes ago, RossP said:

If we win the Scottish Cup, at least we can buy an entirely new team of ringers who want to play in Europe for the guaranteed group stages - they'll be fairly rested at least!

Winning the SC would be our only chance of Europe as the rules now state that the runners up would not qualify if the winners were in the top two of the league, so as far as I know the European place would revert to third in the league, not 100% sure so correct me if I'm wrong.

However who would want a qualifying money loss trip for the club to the likes of darkest Dagestan or such like.

The winner of the Scottish Cup/3rd Place would go into the last Qualifying round of the Europa League. You wouldn’t be playing in a loss making game. It would likely be in southern/Central Europe against quite an established side.