Irn Bru

Why are people delighted for G_Man? He’s one of the scabs that continued to buy the shite stuff, and put this delightful development at risk.

It’s the true boycotters that that took one sip of the rancid new recipe and vowed never to drink it again, forcing the share price tumbling, that deserve the praise and well wishes.

I shall be stocking up on greatly with this sugary sweet elixir.
Absolutely.

I've never returned to this new shite version.

Devastated to hear that G-man was a scab.

36 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Why are people delighted for G_Man? He’s one of the scabs that continued to buy the shite stuff, and put this delightful development at risk.

It’s the true boycotters that that took one sip of the rancid new recipe and vowed never to drink it again, forcing the share price tumbling, that deserve the praise and well wishes.

I shall be stocking up greatly, with this sugary sweet elixir.

Proud to hear that our efforts are being rightfully rewarded. 

Hopefully I can start drinking my supply now and avoid being poisoned too badly.

Am I the only person who thinks it all tastes the same?
No presumably not. But folk's taste buds are very different.

I think if you drunk quite a lot you can tell the difference (I certainly can). But plenty of folk have noticed nothing and carried on regardless.

I envy those people.

No presumably not. But folk's taste buds are very different.

I think if you drunk quite a lot you can tell the difference (I certainly can). But plenty of folk have noticed nothing and carried on regardless.

I envy those people.
Envy them? f**k no. The stupid c***s clearly had no idea or appreciation of what they were drinking to begin with. It is better to have loved and lost etc....

What you are describing there is "British Pub for a roast dinner on Sunday" whilst on holiday types.

Scum.

Am I the only person who thinks it all tastes the same?
If people can't/couldn't tell the difference between original recipe Irn Bru, Diet Irn Bru & Irn Bru Xtra then their taste buds are fecked.

All taste different from each other.

16 hours ago, cdisaaccie said:

If people can't/couldn't tell the difference between original recipe Irn Bru, Diet Irn Bru & Irn Bru Xtra then their taste buds are fecked.

All taste different from each other.

The UK food industry unwittingly managed to swap beef with horsemeat for years without anyone in the general public detecting any difference in taste whatsoever, yet people like yourself still bizarrely insist that they have the magical palate to distinguish sweeteners and sugar - despite the fact that the former have been designed and deliberately balanced by the manufacturers to have no discernible taste difference to the latter.  

The fun watch now will be seeing whether the weirdo Irn Bru fundamentalists make a humiliating climbdown when the overpriced new product hits the shelves and, err, tastes exactly the same as the current version, or whether they'll double down on their stupidity, declare another grand conspiracy and pay the even more vastly inflated prices for honking, out of date versions of 'the real thing'. 

My money is definitely on the latter.

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

The UK food industry unwittingly managed to swap beef with horsemeat for years without anyone in the general public detecting any difference in taste whatsoever, yet people like yourself still bizarrely insist that they have the magical palate to distinguish sweeteners and sugar - despite the fact that the former have been designed and deliberately balanced by the manufacturers to have no discernible taste difference to the latter.  

The fun watch now will be seeing whether the weirdo Irn Bru fundamentalists make a humiliating climbdown when the overpriced new product hits the shelves and, err, tastes exactly the same as the current version, or whether they'll double down on their stupidity, declare another grand conspiracy and pay the even more vastly inflated prices for honking, out of date versions of 'the real thing'. 

Wrong.

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

Pretty strange hill you've picked to die on, tbqhwy.

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Wrong.

^^^ verge of tears

28 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

There's a clear difference in taste between drinks with sweeteners and those with sugar whether it be Irn Bru, Coke or anything else. Maybe the difference fades if you've been drinking diet drinks for a while and get used to the taste but I can certainly taste sweeteners in the diet versions.

If you took part in a blind test between diet and 'full fat' drinks then you'd prove no better at telling the difference than a chimp throwing darts at different targets. I wouldn't do better, nobody would do better. Even many so-called 'expert' wine tasters can't actually tell the difference between white and red wine based on taste alone, as studies have repeatedly shown under various humiliating formats. The UK public couldn't taste the difference between horse and cow meat over many years of inaccurate labeling. The idea that sugar and a replacement formula specifically designed to imitate the taste of sugar can be detected by the sense of taste alone is utter nonsense then. The difference that you perceive is based entirely on your prejudgment that a diet drink should taste different, from which the human mind concocts a total, back of a fag packet belief that they do. 

This is really basic stuff tbh. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ verge of tears

If you took part in a blind test between diet and 'full fat' drinks then you'd prove no better at telling the difference than a chimp throwing darts at different targets. I wouldn't do better, nobody would do better. Even many so-called 'expert wine tasters can't actually tell the difference between white and red wine based on taste alone, as studies have repeatedly shown under various humiliating formats. The UK public can't taste the difference between horse and cow meat over many years of inaccurate labeling. The idea that sugar and a replacement formula specifically designed to imitate the taste of sugar can be detected by the sense of taste alone is utter nonsense then. The difference that you perceive is based entirely on your prejudgment about how a diet drink should taste different, from which the human mind concocts a total, back of a fag packet belief that they do. 

This is really basic stuff tbh. 

I'm not a big drinker of fizzy drinks (maybe that's the key) but I can definitely tell the difference between coke and diet coke.