The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

I left that page because of the absolute nick of 99% of its members.

I love Ayr United but our fanbase must have one of the highest percentages of absolute rockets in Scotland.

I would think most fanbases will be similar.

10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Where are you seeing that?

They've been on Twitter talking about him, just twitter search his name. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They've been on Twitter talking about him, just twitter search his name. 

Cheers, I'm on readytogo and it's not remotely the case on there.

Because they were guaranteed starters in League One. They will be squad players next season so should get a wage that reflects that.

Tbh it’s a massive riddy when relatives of players take to social media to voice their displeasure over things that don’t concern them. Moff seems to have very touchy family members.
That's not a good enough reason for me.

A pay cut? I think he's right to be pissed off - considering how the season went.

I'm not a fan of the in-laws getting involved, but I'm pretty concerned by this offers if that is indeed the case.

That's not a good enough reason for me.

A pay cut? I think he's right to be pissed off - considering how the season went.

I'm not a fan of the in-laws getting involved, but I'm pretty concerned by this offers if that is indeed the case.

It sounds to me that our budget is being cut which considering the season we have had and the money we would of made from a higher than expected finish and increased revenue from bigger away crowds is very alarming.

Ayr United 2019/2020

Signed up:

Goalkeepers: 

Ellis Hare-Reid

Defenders:

Aaron Muirhead

David Ferguson

Steven Bell

Daniel Harvie

Andy Geggan

Jamie Adams

Sam Roscoe

Finn Ecrepont (Under 20s)

Michael Hewitt (Under 20s)

Nathan Baird (Under 20s)

Grant Thorburn (Under 20s)

Midfielders: 

Ross Docherty

Andy Murdoch

Mark Kerr

Luke McCowan

Craig McGuffie

Alan Forrest

Strikers: 

Michael Moffat

Craig Moore

Leon Murphy (Under 20s)- On loan to Stranraer till January. 

Mark McKenzie (Under 20s)

Gabe Skeoch (Under 20s)

End of Loans:

Nicky Cadden (returned to Livingston)

Calvin Miller (returned to Celtic)

Ross Doohan (Returned to Celtic)

Departed:

Michael Rose (Coventry City)

Liam Smith (Dundee United)

Chris Higgins (East Fife)

Declan McDaid (Dundee)

Lawrence Shankland

Robbie Crawford 

James Hilton (Stranraer)

Stuart Faulds

Had the above saved in my notes on my phone since the season ended. Will try and keep this post as up to date as possible as news comes out the club announce signing news.

Noticed 5 or 6 of the reserve re-signed for the club a few days ago but Leon Murphy was the only one I recognised so have added him.

Edited by ayrunitedfw

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It sounds to me that our budget is being cut which considering the season we have had and the money we would of made from a higher than expected finish and increased revenue from bigger away crowds is very alarming.

I get the feeling that it is more a case of the directors trying to get the club to stand on its own feet rather than having to pump money in every season. Lachlan has made no secret of the fact he doesn't want to continually pump money in. For the older players, they need to remember that they are no longer spring chickens. I imagine the 5 or 6 he's mention that may move on will be the guys being offered appearance based contracts. 
For a club like Ayr and our limited resources, it isn't like we can go out in January and sign a new starting 11 like some of the clubs have in this league in recent years. The drain on resources last year from players not being fit and active meant we were threadbare for a large proportion of the winter with the ability to only bring a couple of loan signings in.  

4 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I get the feeling that it is more a case of the directors trying to get the club to stand on its own feet rather than having to pump money in every season. Lachlan has made no secret of the fact he doesn't want to continually pump money in. For the older players, they need to remember that they are no longer spring chickens. I imagine the 5 or 6 he's mention that may move on will be the guys being offered appearance based contracts. 
For a club like Ayr and our limited resources, it isn't like we can go out in January and sign a new starting 11 like some of the clubs have in this league in recent years. The drain on resources last year from players not being fit and active meant we were threadbare for a large proportion of the winter with the ability to only bring a couple of loan signings in.  

I think that trying to get the club itself financially stable is only a good thing. People seem to forget that if it wasn't for Donald Cameron and then Lachlan Cameron putting their own money into the club then we might not have a club.

I'd rather the money made from this season went on securing the clubs post-Lachlan future than being spunked up the wall for a shot at glory.

To be fair if you were a businessman that needed to cut costs this season would be the one to gamble with as both Alloa and Arbroath in the same league. This would however go against McCalls recent ramblings of building a team for promotion. Really can’t fault Moffat for last season so unsure why his wages would be chopped like that. Maybe Doolan is coming in and McCall isn’t fussed so wants him to move on without appearing to free him. Would have thought the likes of  Shankland, Smith and maybe Rose would be on top wages so again this would be a bit extra coming back into the system. Whilst we got a good payout from our league placing maybe the Scottish cup exit has came back to haunt us as really should have got through a few further rounds 

To be fair if you were a businessman that needed to cut costs this season would be the one to gamble with as both Alloa and Arbroath in the same league. This would however go against McCalls recent ramblings of building a team for promotion. Really can’t fault Moffat for last season so unsure why his wages would be chopped like that. Maybe Doolan is coming in and McCall isn’t fussed so wants him to move on without appearing to free him. Would have thought the likes of  Shankland, Smith and maybe Rose would be on top wages so again this would be a bit extra coming back into the system. Whilst we got a good payout from our league placing maybe the Scottish cup exit has came back to haunt us as really should have got through a few further rounds 

McCall admitted on Friday night that whilst he wants promotion it’ll be incredibly difficult next season.

Think it’s more of a long term goal tbh.

I think we’re quite right offering some players less for this season. We’re looking to build a squad for a push over the next few seasons (hopefully) so offering the likes of Moff, Bell, Adams, Geggan, etc who might not be guaranteed starts/here the year after a first team salary would be silly. 

I think next season will be one of consolidation . We are going to struggle to find Shankland's 34 goals . We're going to need goals from all over the team . The majority of which will have to come from our front two . Moffat has only managed 16 in two seasons . That's not going to be good enough ,despite him being a good player . The signings up top will be key and will cost the most . Also goal scoring midfielder would be nice , but expensive .

The budget being "cut" talk is extremely concerning, considering we were reckoned to have the smallest budget of all the Full time sides in the division last season, with only Part Time Alloa being less.

We also netted at least £200k more than expected in league prize money and had a great run in the League Cup culminating in a big payday at Ibrox plus our home attendance must have been ahead of budgeted projections.

Yes, I find these revelations rather worrying to say the least...........

I think we’re quite right offering some players less for this season. We’re looking to build a squad for a push over the next few seasons (hopefully) so offering the likes of Moff, Bell, Adams, Geggan, etc who might not be guaranteed starts/here the year after a first team salary would be silly. 
How exactly do you push forward when you're pissing off players in the squad?

Our team ethos has been one of the reasons for our success in the last couple of years.

I think it’s quite plausible McCall has been given more money but wants to add to that budget by trimming the wages off of squad players.

If Moffat is unhappy with that I’d rather he just left rather than let family members make an arse of themselves on Facebook or Twitter.

Is it simply the case that we were ultimately undone by having a thin squad?

If we need more players paid on a similar budget we need to adjust the wage structure?

Does any surplus go towards any director loans?
I think our lack of quality was ultimately the reason we didn't get promotion. We had an incredible start, partly down to confidence and momentum.

But even when important players returned, our good form never did. I think we were all clutching at straws a wee bit (myself included) when we were waiting on shankland/Kerr/Adams/forrest coming back.

38 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I have an issue with Moffat being put in the same bucket as Bell, Adams & Geggan. The later two being perma crocks. I dont even remember Moffat ever being injured.

To offer Moffat a pay reduction is stupid, he will move to another Championship team if thats the case. Someone bid for him in January lest we forget. 

Last season Moff was a guaranteed starter up top with Shankland, next season you would expect him to be relegated to sharing the no 10 slot with McCowan, so its fair enough if he wages on offer are slightly less. Although the overall budget will probably be quite a bit more than last season, I would assume McCall's wanting a slightly bigger squad given how the wheels came off this season. At a minimum we are needing 2 x Forwards 2 centre halfs, a keeper and a winger thats if everyone re-signs. I would also expect we may hold something back for January as being able to strengthen then is always key.