The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

They don't have any money to help clubs.

It's seriously 'end of days' stuff. This could be an incredible shake - up for Scottish football.

They've said they dont have "extra" money. What reason would there be for not paying out the prize money?

They've said they dont have "extra" money. What reason would there be for not paying out the prize money?
Yeah, i suppose.

My point was more that the issue of placing teams is going to be a minor one compared to actually keeping clubs afloat.

I think this is going to have far bigger consequences than just this season's final placings.

13 hours ago, Mr X said:
13 hours ago, WATTOO said:
I get what you're saying, however there's no consistency in the communication / advice etc.
As I've mentioned previously I'm expected to commute in crowded buses and trains midweek and expected to work in close contact in an enclosed area with 1,000 others 8 hours per day Mon - Fri, however apparently that's less of a risk than attending an open air football match for 90 mins on a Saturday ??

Is the reason for cancelling large events not to free up the emergency services rather than stop the spread of the virus?

we’re usually police free anyway, also we don’t have NHS ambulances at games, it’s St Andrews. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

How many season ticket holders does the club have? Could games not go ahead and only allow ST holders in, up to the 500 threshold?  

What if you have more? How do you select? What if you have significantly more like some of the Premiership clubs

Just now, Mr X said:

What if you have more? How do you select? What if you have significantly more like some of the Premiership clubs

Obviously for Prem teams that’s out of the question, I was only thinking of Ayr when I typed it. I wonder if teams like Stranraer who only get about 350 attendance will use the option to play in front of fans

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Obviously for Prem teams that’s out of the question, I was only thinking of Ayr when I typed it. I wonder if teams like Stranraer who only get about 350 attendance will use the option to play in front of fans

I cant see it being left to the individual clubs to decide. The SPFL will agree an approach for all. Whether theres any flexibility in that to allow hospitality or a certain number of fans in, who knows.

If they stopped the league right now and relegated Hearts that wee woman that runs them will be straight onto sportsound threatening legal action. She probably would have a case too. Only sensible thing is to scrap league and share out tv money equally.

14 hours ago, Mr X said:
14 hours ago, WATTOO said:
I get what you're saying, however there's no consistency in the communication / advice etc.
As I've mentioned previously I'm expected to commute in crowded buses and trains midweek and expected to work in close contact in an enclosed area with 1,000 others 8 hours per day Mon - Fri, however apparently that's less of a risk than attending an open air football match for 90 mins on a Saturday ??

Is the reason for cancelling large events not to free up the emergency services rather than stop the spread of the virus?

Yes, but I was responding in the context of another post.

Apart from that what there's little to no emergency services attending the majority of matches in the lower leagues. 

Cue a statement from the spfl at the beginning of the week which will be clear as mud and no agreement will have been reached

* All English football suspended until 3rd April, same will probably happen up here. Personally don't think that'll be long enough imo

They’ve jumped the gun imo in Scotland. No players have caught it and we are behind the case curve of other European countries. Was fully expecting a suspension but think they could have got another week or so in Scotland and some much needed gate money 

They’ve jumped the gun imo in Scotland. No players have caught it and we are behind the case curve of other European countries. Was fully expecting a suspension but think they could have got another week or so in Scotland and some much needed gate money 

Think the Scottish government has forced the league officials into a corner tbh with the announcement of banning events over 500 people  

Just now, rb123! said:
5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Think the Scottish government has forced the league officials into a corner tbh

The mass gathering decree was supposed to be from Monday. Don’t see why they can’t even let the second division continue as low attendances. The thinking yesterday was about striking a balance between quarantine and the benefits of social interaction