The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Half way through a game. 

He shipped 4 goals in the first half of a game and quit at half time. The story was he wasn't happy getting the blame for the 4 goals conceded and Reid was going to sub him. 

It was actually Watt who was manager for that game.

It was his final game in charge as well. Reid took over in time the next game - a 2-1 win vs Brechin City. 

But aye, Corr was pish.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

The only wee issue with the big man is his mistakes are pretty much all punished, he's largely been fine when offered some level of protection in front.  

Any centre half that makes mistakes tends to be punished. Along with the goalie it's the worst position to have a penchant for brainfarts. Everywhere else someone else can cover or save you. At centre half and in nets there is no hiding place.

He's still a bombscare who I would trebuchet into the sea at seasons end. I am slightly worried that if this purple patch continues we will trigger his contract extension. At which point I will likely implode.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Having a competent midfield in front of you that doesn’t allow players to run at you all day will help significantly as well. I’m still not entirely convinced by him long term but instead of replacing him we’ve essentially mitigated the amount of pressure he’s under which is working just as well.

Fair. 

I'm not convinced the opposition running through the middle has been the problem. It's been cross balls that's been the killer this season. We were conceeding 3,4,5 free headers every game. It's not nearly as prevalent now. Tbf I'm not sure if that's because the full backs are stopping the crosses and midfield are stopping the ball getting out wide.

Morton not quite out of it yet, bubble could still burst for them although atm looks like they are more on the way up rather than down. With QOS having a game in hand Saturday is indeed vital. The sooner we get the further away from 10th the better. Their game in hand is away to Thistle as well, so that could go either way.

The thing with McGinty is that even if he keeps up this level of performance I still wouldn't sign him for next season, considering the wages he is apparently on now he still isn't worth it. And if he stays in the team until then he's hardly going to agree to a decrease in wages. Looks like Baird could be off too and he must be on a decent wage as well.

McGinty is in last chance saloon at the moment, there isn't a full time club in Scotland that would sign him such is his reputation. He really needs a good 6 months with Ayr to define his career or at the very least become a cult hero where his mistakes are overshadowed by other aspects of his game and personality. 

Dougie McCracken was a very limited footballer but had the ability to slide tackle a player over about 10 meters. was an absolute thug, like Jamie Adams but less subtle. He also bizarrely helped Ruud Gullet, one of the worlds most famous players at the time through rehab as they both had the same knee injury at the same time. Double bizarrely, he was also the step father of a formula one driver. 

I've come over all Duncan Carmichael with this post.  

Tickets bought for the last Ayrshire league derby before order is restored and we're in separate leagues again.

The charitable bit in me didn't mind you guys having a wee taste of glory last time, out of pity as much as anything else. But a good comfortable win for the mighty Killie on the 11th March is in order.

23 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Tickets bought for the last Ayrshire league derby before order is restored and we're in separate leagues again.

The charitable bit in me didn't mind you guys having a wee taste of glory last time, out of pity as much as anything else. But a good comfortable win for the mighty Killie on the 11th March is in order.

Wish i was as confident! 

I really wish Killie fans would stop setting themselves up for a fall in these games. 

[emoji28]

13 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Morton not quite out of it yet, bubble could still burst for them although atm looks like they are more on the way up rather than down. With QOS having a game in hand Saturday is indeed vital. The sooner we get the further away from 10th the better. Their game in hand is away to Thistle as well, so that could go either way.

Morton and Hamilton are both only 1 point ahead of us, so both are very much still in the relegation mix. If we win on Saturday then there's every chance that we'll move back ahead of both and Dunfermline are playing Killie if I'm not mistaken which is obviously another big ask for them.

We can only take care of ourselves, however recent matches would make me think that this team will take more points than we'll lose from now until the end of the season.