The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

36 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Ecrepont has been reduced to loan spells, cameo appearances off of the bench or being played out of position. Yes, I understand that he'll see him in training but it's not really the same as a game.  I think it's fairly obvious that Bullen has his favourites, we saw that with O'Connor last season and we are seeing it with Ecrepont now. 

I presume that Paddy produces some sort of miracles in Training, as Ecrepont has done more than enough to justify an appearance. I agree with you, Bullen must pick and choose favourites. Ecrepont had changed school, went out on loan, was appearing for Scotland youth, trying to do everything to fit round the team he supports and has done since he was young........yet he seems totally wasted on the bench here, whilst Reading has the same effect on the pitch as a fart against the wind 😒

32 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It'll be a decent chunk. That's precisely my point though a 2nd place finish and Scottish Cup quarter final should have been a windfall and a decent profit. We won't do that every season. It shouldn't be break even for us. Unless we heavily invested in the squad and were budgeting for a six figure loss anyway.

Yeah inflation will be hurting the club as it is all businesses.

I think there is maybe a wee bit of creative accounting going on as well. We don't want to be proclaiming that we've made a fortune as demands go up from prospective players and fan expectations with it.

Fair point. Might have been a good time to put some of the construction costs and other items through. Whilst it doesn't look great it might be saving us cash in other ways  

I thought we had budgeted for a mid table finish last season, how would you make a 6 figure loss by achieving your objective and doing well in one of the cups with two games picked for TV. 

21 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Between £220k and £250k . Sell on clause confirmed last night . 

That would seem like good business for you tbh. We got £250k plus a sell on (thought to be 25-30%) for Nisbet who was younger and has a higher ceiling. All depends who you can bring in though I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I presume that Paddy produces some sort of miracles in Training, as Ecrepont has done more than enough to justify an appearance. I agree with you, Bullen must pick and choose favourites. Ecrepont had changed school, went out on loan, was appearing for Scotland youth, trying to do everything to fit round the team he supports and has done since he was young........yet he seems totally wasted on the bench here, whilst Reading has the same effect on the pitch as a fart against the wind 😒

He's up against Mckenzie and Brydon will make him look like Tierney 

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

Between £220k and £250k . Sell on clause confirmed last night . 

If this is the case then it's an excellent piece of business. More than I thought we would get plus the future potential of a sell on fee.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I thought we had budgeted for a mid table finish last season, how would you make a 6 figure loss by achieving your objective and doing well in one of the cups with two games picked for TV. 

By over budgeting by 6 figures on the commercial side of the busniness.

Should be a routine enough win today and Tue to paper over the cracks. 

I feel sorry for Ecrepont, numerous managers and none willing to give him a prolonged run in the team. You always want to see a local lad play for the team they've supported. His only loan where he has really stood out was at Stranraer so maybe a move back there would be the best for the him. By all accounts he was one of their best players in the 2nd part of the season. 

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

York City's reveal video of Akinyemi seamlessly stitches together the HD footage from the BBC and Cine film footage from AU Media

It’s bad when a highlight taken from pixelot is better than the highlights we offer

@wuffster have you been approached by the club to do the highlights again? They apparently said they were going to be addressing the issue for this season 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

It’s bad when a highlight taken from pixelot is better than the highlights we offer

@wuffster have you been approached by the club to do the highlights again? They apparently said they were going to be addressing the issue for this season 

They said they are appointing a media director to the board. They hoped to announce something soon.. They haven't done anything other than that I don't think.