The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Ayr (along with Annan) have now conceded the most league goals in Scotland. We have the second lowest goals scored as well. 

We need to run harder and faster. 

Tomi Adeloye with one touch equalled how many goals our team has scored at Somerset since the 12th of August

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Bullen going on about focusing on the good aspects of last night. How about in training focusing on why we’re conceding so many goals every match. Or maybe then he’d have to admit he’s failed with his recruitment. 

We’re incredibly fragile. 

Someone pointed out that up until the play offs we never conceded more than maybe two goals in a game. We could get beat but keep it tight and had a stuffiness to us. We’re wide open right now and I’ll reiterate that it comes from the inexperience. The second goal yesterday, whilst I brilliant strike, is just down to switching off and thinking we weren’t in any danger. You can’t do that against the better players in this league like Lawless. 

If the club gave the job to McGeady then I’m not sure what their expectations are. We need experience and someone who can organise us and go from there. Had this been the summer and we wanted a change then McGeady might’ve been an option but we’re in the thick of it now and there’s nothing to suggest that McGeady knows how to sort it. 

37 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

The support is fairly United against Bullen at the moment bar the extreme happy clappers. Don’t want McGeady to get the job but I just think McCall would be too divisive an appointment especially considering some people have never really forgiven him from leaving.

Agree but how many tines did super ally leave

39 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

The support is fairly United against Bullen at the moment bar the extreme happy clappers. Don’t want McGeady to get the job but I just think McCall would be too divisive an appointment especially considering some people have never really forgiven him from leaving.

tbh if McCall was up for taking the job, I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

36 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Tomi Adeloye with one touch equalled how many goals our team has scored at Somerset since the 12th of August

My view of Somerset being like a jolly boys outing for away teams is becoming more appropriate with every passing week...

Then Kris Doolan said post match this is a difficult place to come lol

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Quality contribution once again. 

It might genuinely be because he looked lost against Falkirk and tonight looked better but I’m not in favour of writing him off yet. He was far from our biggest failure tonight. 

I thought Stanger was poor as was McAllister. I’ve said my bit on the midfielders and why we’ll struggle with them but Young looks decent as someone who can recycle possession but that’s a bit of a luxury in a team that is down the bottom end. Syla was better tonight but looks a bit rash and is one to watch for bookings this season. Chalmers stood out but Ngwenya was hopeless defensively and he has a habit of trying to make everyone look complicated. He was still our best player on the night and should be a good foil for Dowds. Good to see Murphy, and I don’t think it’s a huge coincidence that Reading plays better with him on the park, but I’d have had him off after an hour and stuck Amartey on as he was clearly tiring. 

A 4-0 result isn’t one where you can spend time looking at the positives but there is a bit of potential in the squad but I fear it’s going to be held back by Bullen and/or a lack of experience in key positions. 

I had a bit of sympathy for the defence as this was a game set up for the attackers. Whatever team held onto the ball for a bit then attacked it looked like they were playing against ten men with the time and space they got. The difference being that Thistle did something with the ball when it went near the box. 

Murphy and Chalmers looked really good but they will get harder games against teams at the bottom end who won't give them time and space. We had so much time to think that even hoofball vanished for the evening. I get your point about Rose and not writing people off too soon. However last night with the amount of possession we had and also our wingers being able to create i would have expected much more to be happening in front of goal. We could easily have had two or three and still lost. 

Much is made of not recruiting in key areas but another few issues have appeared putting another nail in the coffin. At the top of our game last season Musonda was a cornerstone in defence but now seems our of favour. I get that McGinty needs to be white knighted on  a weekly basis to justify his captaincy but there should still be room there. Last season Albinson was also a key player for us who stood up. You could look at some of those goals last night and debate whether he was a fault or not and this comes on top of a few dodgy ones recently. Last season he was never called into question 

1 hour ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Aye, Adeloye was always going to score against our defence. I was in the SRE and was laughing as he got booed on. It was a stick on that he would score against that lot.

We are in tremendous trouble. The denial from the hierarchy and the sticking to the plan is a nonsense. If the plan is bad you change it:

I mean that both in terms of how the team is setup and the recruitment. Bullen has no plan B and never has. He relied on an exceptional player in Dipo. That is now unarguable. He cannot influence a game either by changing tactics or by introducing players from the bench. Bryden for Rose? With Amartey rotting away because he doesn't run hard enough.

Recruitment has been a shambles. These English jobbers aren't as cheap as some of our support think they are. We've spunked significant budget on signing these guys and puting them up in accommodation.  Some of them don't even have a handful of senior appearances. We've not fixed the full back areas. If I hear one more time that McAllister gives his all I will implode. He's not good enough for this level. He epitomises Bullen's ethos "run around a lot and chuck yourself at everthing".

Then we come to the utter contempt the fans are being treated by the hierarchy. We get three Q&As which are like the never ending fucking story. Telling us next to f**k all. After we've been shafted to pay more for games, subjected to a shambles of an instalment season ticket plans, terrible fucking highlights, now a rent a goon and sniffer dogs in the SRE. Enough is enough. This is our club and I am sick of being treated with contempt.

If the club don't issue some sort of acknowledgement and apology for those goons I am cancelling my AU500 contribution. It is a disgrace to treat any fans like that.

14 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

I'm assuming Dowds will come straight in next week. Who you guys reckon will partner him? Rose? McKenzie?

I'd honestly play Amarety at the top end. He's direct, strong and likes to run at players. Most centre halves at this level are strong and steady (Like McGinty/Aero) they don't like players running at them. Dowds & Amartey for me with Chalmers and Murphy out wide. 

I dunno what we do at the back though. We are going to struggle to win games with the defence and lack of cohesion in midfield. The second goal last night was typical, no-one challenged the guy as he just ran towards goal and shot from the edge of the box (that's how it looked from the SRE).