The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, AuAl said:

Not to detract from what was a very good performance from the team, but why on earth was there a small group of our supporters having a go at the rest of the away support, then stewards, then the club shop staff during the first half?

The game hadn't even kicked off yet and they were going off about how shite the rest of the support was (having travelled to Kirkcaldy on a Friday night) for not singing etc.  Shouting abuse at players and screaming about someone being a grass.

Full of the old "am a better fan than you" patter. Thankfully they seemed to f**k off at half time. Bizarre behaviour.

I was at the away game at Caley a couple of weeks back and a small bunch of idiots( I’m being kind ) were hurling abuse at everyone and the ladies from the office , one comment in particular being exceptionally nasty. Sounds like it could be the same people . Time for the rest of us to speak up and put a stop to these @#£&%@

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

This is what it's about. These ladies are brilliant.

20231223_093044.jpg

Anyone slagging them can get intae the fucking sea. Extremely helpful and courteous in all my dealings with them. A credit to the club tbh. Bizarre behaviour to have a go at them. They are literally at every game as well.

If I hear or see it I'll call it out, we need to self police these arseholes.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We showed tonight that there’s enough to build on with this squad. Two or three in the right areas and we will comfortably be away from the bottom two imo. 

Sickening to lose a late equaliser but we gave a good account of ourselves and I don’t think it was the subs that cost us tonight. Raith have been doing this to teams all seasons and we were down to ten men. Dowds and Chalmers were blowing out their arse but we don’t have anyone on the bench who can do an adequate enough job of replacing them in a like for like switch. It’s clear where we need to recruit next month so I hope we can do something positive in that regard. 

Were they blowing out their arse more than the Raith defenders who spent all night chasing them, Amartey too. Raith must have thought Christmas came early when he made those subs. It changed the complexion of the game when they went off. 

The post match interview indicates the relationship between the fans and the club isn’t in a great place.  Calum having his nip about a fan or fans making comments on social media at half time that the game might be done (not an outrageous thought when you’re 2-1 down and a man down) and Bullen looking like he had something to say before biting his tongue!  

That fourth goal gets funnier every time I watch it, superb keeping from the big man. He will absolutely cost Rovers a few more goals this season. 

Are we all convinced the penalty was in the box? I am not sure it was. 

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Were they blowing out their arse more than the Raith defenders who spent all night chasing them, Amartey too. Raith must have thought Christmas came early when he made those subs. It changed the complexion of the game when they went off. 

The Amartey sub was strange but I get the impression Bullen does not trust him one bit off the ball. Ultimately in a game last night, attack in the best form of defence as both teams are going for it. McCall would never have subbed Amartey off but that’s where Bullen is a manager who thinks that games need to be locked down when a goal up. We don’t have the players to shut a game down though. 

January might end up being more about getting a bit of depth in areas we’re already strong in however I do think we need to get someone in who can start in defence. With McGinty out for two weeks and Musonda away in January at some point it’s going to be tight for a bit but I’d quite like to see if we can get someone in to start alongside Stanger when he gets back. All depends on what is available I suppose. 

14 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

That fourth goal gets funnier every time I watch it, superb keeping from the big man. He will absolutely cost Rovers a few more goals this season. 

Are we all convinced the penalty was in the box? I am not sure it was. 

Musonda just looks so heavy legged at the moment.  His defending at Raith’s first goal wasn’t great at all, though McGinty was sleeping as well.  Always thought Musonda was a bit overrated, but he did  at least have pace and mobility.  

12 hours ago, AuAl said:

Was Amartey injured? Had he taken a knock? I'm genuinely still raging at that sub. Stupid.

Bullen makes the most bizarre decisions and it's one of my biggest gripes with him as a manager. 

Hopefully tonight is proof that the formation and players are capable of really causing issues, even for the better teams in the league. 

Away results have shown this where it's on the other team to come out and play. It would be nice if they can step up and cause issues for the relegation contenders when we play them at home 

9 hours ago, AuAl said:

These guys were not children unfortunately. What was odd was how raging they were with everyone from the minute they arrived. Climbing up the stairs they were giving out all the stuff about the rest of the support being shite, just very fucking weird behaviour. Was quite ironic that they left at half time - I think their mate might have been chucked out.

Nope, the Ayr club shop staff. I think one of them might have turned around and asked one of the guys to watch the game instead of screaming abuse at fans, players and stewards - at which point they were then on the recieving end of some of the shouts. Never understand why some folk use football as excuse to act like a total p***k.

I can picture at least 3 of them in my head. The same coked up wallopers at every game

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The Amartey sub was strange but I get the impression Bullen does not trust him one bit off the ball. Ultimately in a game last night, attack in the best form of defence as both teams are going for it. McCall would never have subbed Amartey off but that’s where Bullen is a manager who thinks that games need to be locked down when a goal up. We don’t have the players to shut a game down though. 

January might end up being more about getting a bit of depth in areas we’re already strong in however I do think we need to get someone in who can start in defence. With McGinty out for two weeks and Musonda away in January at some point it’s going to be tight for a bit but I’d quite like to see if we can get someone in to start alongside Stanger when he gets back. All depends on what is available I suppose. 

Yeah, the main issue with Bullen’s thinking is that we didn’t do well in the second half by defending our box well but that’s how he decided he wanted to spend the last twenty minutes doing. He got very lucky with the Dabrowski howler. 

I love how we all talked about how good McGinty was last week, and he immediately follows that up with abysmal awareness for their first and then getting himself sent off.

We have some great attacking quality, let’s hope we actually start to see that more consistently from now on.