The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ComradeDiego said:

Am I right in saying that if Dunfermline beat Inverness next week then we’re safe?

Yes. Even if we lose next week we're safe unless Inverness get at least a point AND Queen's Park win

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

could that be McAllister season done assuming the red card was for "Violent Conduct" if it was the arm that was the reason

You'd think an appeal would succeed

Felt we applied ourselves quite well there. Up until the red card we had just as much chance of nicking a winner as they did.

Hopefully we can get a positive result in either of last two. I don't think others will be able to do enough to make us finish 9th, but it would be good to do it on our own terms, so to speak.

1 minute ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Don't think I'd bother appealing a McAllister red . 

Think you are right. Felt it was a yellow rather than a red but the Dundee United player made a meal of it. Iamsure Napier loves a red though.

48 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

could that be McAllister season done assuming the red card was for "Violent Conduct" if it was the arm that was the reason

insha'Allah 

Plenty of effort and heart today but not a lot of quality which has been the main drawback of the season.

Never looked like getting a towsing and might have caught them on the break but they scored at a time where it removed any hope of a win and they then managed the game well enough to see it out. 

We need to focus on quality players in the summer, keeping Chalmers and bringing in another centre midfielder and forward that make us better must be key. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

They're determined to drag out this munter of a season till the very end, aren't they?

Can see this going to the last game of the season for us though hopefully we will be safe before that.  Listened to our game on the radio and the BBC were saying how well Partick were playing in their 4-0 defeat of Airdrie.  Graham back to good form apparently .  Queens Park are away at Arbroath next week - don't think their draw at Dunfermline helped us.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

No way, he was deservedly sent off.  

I couldn't see the sending off incident but did see mcallister leaving in plenty of afters with Middleton all the first half, including a slap and a shove towards the advertising boards off the pitch. It was only a matter of time. That's 2 games against them thrown away by Albinson and another by Mcallister, 3 games we should have got something from.

Just realised that an Ayr loss/draw, an Inverness win, and a Queen's Park win next week would leave the table as:

Dunfermline 43

Ayr 42/43

Inverness 41

QP 40

On the last day Inverness play Morton who have nothing to play for, Queens Park play Airdrie who will likely rest players ahead of the playoffs, while we play Dunfermline who themselves wouldn't be safe under this scenario 😬😬😬

I do think we'll stay up although it's now looking likely that it will go to the final day.