The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Hearing chat of Musonda at left back tonight and McMann at centre half....:lol:

It’s all a ploy to confuse the opposition imo. 

Seriously though, I think McMann has been great but I do worry if he comes up against a physical centre forward like Graham or Kane. I don’t think he’s suited to winning many headers and given we now have Devlin, Stanger and Musonda as central options, it makes sense to move McMann to his preferred position of left back. 

23 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Hearing chat of Musonda at left back tonight and McMann at centre half....:lol:

If that’s the case it suggests Brown has no intention of playing the best left back in the league last year at left back at any point. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If that’s the case it suggests Brown has no intention of playing the best left back in the league last year at left back at any point. 

Who needs the best left back in the league last year playing left back when you have Paddy “the baddy” Reading

Edited by muZZa__44

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Seriously though, I think McMann has been great but I do worry if he comes up against a physical centre forward like Graham or Kane. I don’t think he’s suited to winning many headers and given we now have Devlin, Stanger and Musonda as central options, it makes sense to move McMann to his preferred position of left back. 

Our first up back four should be : Watret Devlin Mousonda McMann . 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

An image you would probably need to zoom in on to read the text but was playing about with new games on my handheld last night and championship manager 2006 was on it, our squad is something else.  

PXL_20240723_003204146.jpg

What a game!

Go as Ayr, conveniently sell one of your lesser players to Chelsea for £100 million, raid the lower Dutch leagues for players and get promotion 👍

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s all a ploy to confuse the opposition imo. 

You can see defending corners that we really lack a commanding presence in the box.  It's probably more noticeable because McGinty existed prior (although we did have our fair share of awful set piece defence with him there).  

Think to have a realistic chance at going through we firstly need to manage to beat Stenhousemuir (obvious but worth mentioning) but we would also need to have a winning margin of 3 or more.  

Think it's unlikely as we have only managed 5 shots on target so far while the forward line gets used to eachother.  

will likely need high scoring wins in both games to advance so obviously we will end up with a  1-0 win here and 2-0 win over Buckie

Edited by muZZa__44

14 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

will likely need high scoring wins in both games to advance so obviously we will end up with a  1-0 win here and 2-0 win over Buckie

A wee win over Stenny and then a Rus Buckie Rampage!

Not that kind of Buckie.

That game against Accies on the first day of the season is beginning to look like a minefield with all the ex Ayr players they’ve now got!  That said, we’ve got 4 ex Accies players so maybe it evens out.

20 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That game against Accies on the first day of the season is beginning to look like a minefield with all the ex Ayr players they’ve now got!  That said, we’ve got 4 ex Accies players so maybe it evens out.

In the context of the discussed 2005/06 squad, the ex Ayr players in the Hamilton team are not terrible. Capable of playing well but also capable of being awful. I have the fear that playing against former employers will motivate them to the former.

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hamilton Accies plagiarising my fucking material from 2021.

20210728_155308.gif.3871f6aad192ab4a74b3a50348f257cc.gif

Don’t go to the bother of suing them. Just pretend to be a Nigerian Prince, tell them they have won the lottery but that they have to send you £(insert suitable amount) to release their winnings. Quicker and easier.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

25 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I think we are all in agreement that every one we have brought in to replace those players is an upgrade, it's up to the players to show that.

I’d probably agree with that, only player that’s left that I think would potentially get into the team is Chalmers. Not sure I’d have him ahead of Henderson though and as you all know I’m a massive Chalmers fanboy,