The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Could there be an issue with Duffy and muirhead and that is why he is away from the club? 

He was there yesterday out in the park when players were doing their warm up wearing his Ayr United travelling kit 

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I would like to hope this isn't true too however with this squad anything seems capable... 

I will await further info before judging. He strikes me as the sort of person that would sign for Partick with no fucks given rather than create a false situation

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What was the atmosphere like at full time? I left at 3-0

Think most of the fans left just after you , hardly anyone left at end , they announced 156 ayr fans paid in , think less than 60 left at final whistle 

14 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Could there be an issue with Duffy and muirhead and that is why he is away from the club? 

Add that to Moffat and probably Adeloye after yesterday.

Duffy should be praying that the government insists games happen behind closed doors from now on.

12 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Think most of the fans left just after you , hardly anyone left at end , they announced 156 ayr fans paid in , think less than 60 left at final whistle 

Roll back to 2018 when we were peak McCall and still managed to get gubbed 5-0 i'm pretty sure we had about 800 down there, changed days...

4 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I don't see what he would bring to Thistle!

Seeing as you wouldn't give me Stevie Bell back for my managerial dream team, it'll cost you £100k for Muirhead, thanks.

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm amazed 156 Ayr fans made the trip to Dumfries given our god awful record. I don't even consider going anymore.

I salute you all. 👏

Hide contents

You are obviously gluttons for punishment.

I probably wouldn't have gone if my mate wasn't driving. Also had a class lunch and few pints before the game. This seasons away games have tended to be the usual good day out ruined by 90 minutes of football.

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm amazed 156 Ayr fans made the trip to Dumfries given our god awful record. I don't even consider going anymore.

I salute you all. 👏

Reveal hidden contents

You are obviously gluttons for punishment.

Only taking that amount to Dumfries is beyond shameful and a sign of where we are at the moment. Smith/Mathie must act now. 

Hopkin’s coaching team being retained was a financial decision.  Too expensive to pay them all off.  Has that calculation changed or will it cost us more to plough on regardless?  I guess it depends if the board think this season is beyond recovery.  

Don’t believe the guff about Muirhead faking injury right enough.

59 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

When someone boo'd at half time when we were a goal down to Albion Rovers, Muirhead turned round and shouted f**k off. 

Thistle can have him

Tbf Nicky Devlin done something exactly like that when we got beat from Stranraer a few year back

I can only hope that the Duffy has quit and they are waiting until tomorrow to announce it. Maybe making some phone calls to see if any out of work managers are interested. 

We played the teams round about us and won two points. We now play teams in the top half, none have shown complacency yet so without new ideas and someone to lift the club, we could be detached by the end of January. 

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Surely you can appreciate he meant piss poor in terms of your performances this season.  That was your first win in 10 league games. No-one is taking anything away from your performance yesterday.

That's exactly what I meant. Queens have always been a nothing team, but at least when we got humped there before they had at least Dobbies quality. Theres not one Queens player I'd take in our team which is saying something! 

As an aside did we get through a game v QOS without Wullie Gibson moaning about our fans?

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That's exactly what I meant. Queens have always been a nothing team, but at least when we got humped there before they had at least Dobbies quality. Theres not one Queens player I'd take in our team which is saying something! 

As an aside did we get through a game v QOS without Wullie Gibson moaning about our fans?

Shut up mate. What a ridiculous statement to make