The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Also on the chat of a new manager I’d have to hope for someone with an actual track record in the game. He will obviously have black marks against him but I think it needs to be someone who has a preferred way of playing and can begin to implement it. 

McCall is tempting but I think a lot of people are forgetting the bad times under him. He’s a hard no for me. 

I feel a bit sorry for Bullen in that there is no way this horror show is purely on him.  There is something systemically wrong with our recruitment.  Of the team that started tonight, I’d say we had 6 players who basically looked out their depth against an under strength League 1 side.  The players that came off the bench were dire as well.  I don’t think there’s any amount of coaching that can overcome that.

But ultimately, Bullen has never been able to build any credit in the bank that would keep the support believing when he hit a sticky patch.  Not sure why that is, but concerns about his coaching and tactics have kind of been there from the start, going all the way back to the nightmare against Kilmarnock.  Maybe you just can’t kid all of the people all of the time.  

I honestly don’t believe a change of management is going to achieve a damn thing given how dreadful the squad is, but equally you know things can’t go on for long if the support really starts to turn on you.  

33 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yelling abuse at football games is one thing, peddling vicious fucking rumours about people online based on what one of your c**t pals said on facebook is another. Some people need fucking brain transplants.

Was hardly a vicious rumour plus it was on here recently that it was mentioned, not some social media platform. 

Plus the way you've come across in this rant makes you look like one of the folk "yelling abuse at football games" 

We're all a bit raging just now with the state of affairs so we'll just leave it at that and move on as no offence or disrespect was intended 👍 

Just now, Rb123 said:

Was hardly a vicious rumour plus it was on here recently that it was mentioned, not some social media platform. 

Plus the way you've come across in this rant makes you look like one of the folk "yelling abuse at football games" 

We're all a bit raging just now with the state of affairs so we'll just leave it at that and move on as no offence or disrespect was intended 👍 

Then delete it and don't do it again. f**k's sake.

I think tonight showed it’s far more on Bullen than the recruitment. The players on their own looked okay but they aren’t tied together as a team and look like they don’t know what’s being asked of them. That’s on Bullen. 

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

After the horror show tonight, out of that squad who on earth is going to be looking forward to being back at Somerset in 10 days time to play in front of a toxic/divisive home support against a free flowing team like Partick Thistle 

WATTOO will be there having never witnessed a toxic atmosphere and not having met a real person wanting Bullen out. 🤔

I just don't see how, David Smith, being a fan of Ayr United before anything else, could look at this shite that's happening on the field and sit and do nothing.

He's obviously fully aware of what's going on and, like most of us, hopes things will change soon and we start getting results. How long is too long a wait for that though?

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Especially as we installed a new pitch as well

Smith/Mathie - "Yes Lee we spent all this money on a brand new bowling green pitch to help us play more silky football on it, not just the opposition!"

Lee - "ahh I see... does it not look good from the stand with guys running hard on it though??"

New poster.  Started going Ayr games when I went to Belmont Academy on Saturday mornings when a was 5 year old and got free tickets,. Stewart kean my hero but stopped going until I rekindled my love in 2011 as a teenager.

Last night is up there with the worst I’ve saw Ayr United, I was with friends who would rather do different things than show up and watch that. I feel for bullen to a certain extent in terms of recruitment but we have been brutal since December 2022. The atmosphere was toxic and I love a singalong. Such a stark difference from Inverness away in May, which in hindsight was a lucky event. Really don’t know where to go but at this stage I can’t pay £22 to watch this. I’ll pick and choose away games from now on. This lower league English experiment has to come to an end or the new stand won’t be open next year due to stewarding costs.

Looking forward to the patter my fellow ayr fans 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I just don't see how, David Smith, being a fan of Ayr United before anything else, could look at this shite that's happening on the field and sit and do nothing.

He's obviously fully aware of what's going on and, like most of us, hopes things will change soon and we start getting results. How long is too long a wait for that though?

The problem is he’s not just sacking the manager.  It would really be a vote of no confidence in Mathie and his management structure.  It might well come to that, but it would be a huge step and begs the question, what next?