The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

If I’m being charitable to Bullen I’d say that he’s playing the hand he’s dealt. Not got much on the bench to change things up when we’re playing pish. 

He is literally in charge of who has at his disposal most of the time, he has final say on recruitment. It's not like he's inherited a shite squad and has to work with what he has. The squad should at least be semi competitive at championship level but he's sending them out with 1 hand behind their backs

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

He is literally in charge of who has at his disposal most of the time, he has final say on recruitment. It's not like he's inherited a shite squad and has to work with what he has. The squad should at least be semi competitive at championship level but he's sending them out with 1 hand behind their backs

Think I started with “if im being charitable” and followed with “I’m not”

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Amartey has shown very little for Ayr.  The cup game against Alloa and the goal against Inverness.  Otherwise he has been pretty ineffective  I think we’re just getting a bit desperate and Amartey has gotten better and better the longer he was out the team.

Most players tend to be quite ineffective when they’re sitting on the bench with a yellow bib on. If Amartey hasn’t shown anything then f**k knows what the other 15 odd have.

2 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

McGeady having a few exchanges with fans from both sides ?

Wouldn't surprise me going by some of the mutant over the top supporters we have who go to away games... plus with it being a jolly boys outing for them they'll all be pished...

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Amartey has shown very little for Ayr.  The cup game against Alloa and the goal against Inverness.  Otherwise he has been pretty ineffective  I think we’re just getting a bit desperate and Amartey has gotten better and better the longer he was out the team.

I’m not saying he’s brilliant, but he’s the second best striker we have - mainly as the others are woeful. 

The other week Rose is a starter, now he can’t even get on before Bryden or McKenzie - he is just chucking things at a wall at this point. 

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

Most players tend to be quite ineffective when they’re sitting on the bench with a yellow bib on. If Amartey hasn’t shown anything then f**k knows what the other 15 odd have.

He had plenty of game time up to the Dundee Utd defeat.  Was dreadful that day and had been pretty ineffective generally.  I would love to think he represented some sort of solution for us, but that seems to be based on blind hope rather than anything I’ve actually seen him do in the early part of the season.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Putting McKenzie out wide when you need a goal is another interesting change. 

Apathy has fully set in for me now, I don’t even care. 

Same here.

We all know Bullen will come out with some shite excuse. Really, there is no excuse. Piss poor all round. 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

He had plenty of game time up to the Dundee Utd defeat.  Was dreadful that day and had been pretty ineffective generally.  I would love to think he represented some sort of solution for us, but that seems to be based on blind hope rather than anything I’ve actually seen him do in the early part of the season.

They were all dreadful that day. 

Amartey is pish too. When he plays well, he’s direct and purposeful. But a lot of the time he does nada.
 Depressing when we were crying out for some English 7th tier player to come on. Reflects how piss poor recruitment is here. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That was the third game of the season. If being dreadful for one game was enough to keep someone out the team forever then we wouldn’t be able to field a team this season.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not saying he’s brilliant, but he’s the second best striker we have - mainly as the others are woeful. 

The other week Rose is a starter, now he can’t even get on before Bryden or McKenzie - he is just chucking things at a wall at this point. 

Just not sure what you’re basing that on.  I do agree that he’s been due a chance of late, but he’s been given that today against league 2 defenders and appears not to have kicked a ball.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Just not sure what you’re basing that on.  I do agree that he’s been due a chance of late, but he’s been given that today against league 2 defenders and appears not to have kicked a ball.

That the others are fucking terrible, whereas Amartey has at least offered something at times. 

I think we need to leave it to those at the game, before suggesting what someone appears to have done or not though!