The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

With the sports scientist & data guys we have at the club now that's not really an excuse. 

Bench was the strongest it has been in the last couple of weeks so there was options there to rotate if required. 

About 75% of the squad is shite simple as..

Tuesday will have taken a lot out them but there’s also the factor that they’ve been playing at a higher intensity in the last two months that they were in the last two years. 

You’re spot on though that the majority of the squad isn’t good enough and we’re not going to get a consistent run of form for the rest of this season. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

They actually looked knackered. There's no other logical reason for Dunfermline to look that much sharper than us.

Other than a fundamental lack of quality throughout the team?  

That result today is entirely on Brown.  I'm no reading back but no doubt some brainchild has squared it all at McGinty -  complicit for sho.  

I also don't know what he's done to Logan Chalmers but he needs to swallow his pride and let our best player play.  Nobody is paying cash to watch Fraser Bryden chasing his own first touch, a fucking dumpling striker on the wing who hasn't given anything other than endeavour.  Bullenesque pish that needs to die a death immediately.  

I do understand he's playing with the hand a bald idiot dealt him but today was totally unacceptable, his attempts to rectify it were equally unacceptable.  Why keep the same shape that just wasn't working, to what benefit was that?  It was clearly part of the issue along with the nonsense tombola of playing out from the back via McGinty.  Cool it works sometimes, what about when they press him and he's melting into a puddle what then?  Just keep doing it anyway, great.  

I could not believe my eyes that Chalmers had come on and had been clearly instructed to let Nicholas fucking McCalister overlap him as the prime creator on the right, what in the name of f**k was he doing.  Nicholas fucking McCalister our imbecile right back.  I was and remain seething that this was even thought about never mind put to practice.  

That and the fact he'd clearly just given up at half time didn't help, you canny be this 'energetic' manager when all is good but because the game is done in your mind you just don't bother.  

Alarm bells today, especially the Bryden fiasco.  Again, he's having to deal with the mess that the BGM built but that's now 4* out of 6 games he's played Bryden at right wing.  Bullen would be getting slaughtered if he had McKenzie on the wing that often so it's definitely fair to bring up.  

Edited by itzdrk

I was also jealous as f**k watching Dunfermline's very competent right full back, must be nice :lol:

It's fine lads Nicholas cares very much and that's really all that matters.  

@itzdrk Very worrying. The FB situation is just sheer incompetence.

We were inept in every area of the pitch. The pitch was a tattie field to be fair but both teams had to play on it so no excuse there.

Brown is going to be a good coach and has to be better than Bullen but his team selection was mental yesterday. Playing guys who aren't good enough in their own position in a different position is hardly going to work is it.

Chalmers might be seen as a bit of a luxury but the work he puts in winning free kicks and playing passes no-one else in the team has the ability to see will win us points.

Hopefully that was a wake up call to anyone thinking we're anywhere near good enough to be safe in this league. We'd have been down and out by now with Bullen in charge but there's still a very good chance we go down.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tuesday will have taken a lot out them but there’s also the factor that they’ve been playing at a higher intensity in the last two months that they were in the last two years. 

You’re spot on though that the majority of the squad isn’t good enough and we’re not going to get a consistent run of form for the rest of this season. 

Dunfermline were playing on Tuesday night as well though. I get that the demands on the players and training intensity will have gone up. 

I just hope it is the necessary wake up call that the squad needs a major  overhaul in the summer. 

I can also see survival going to the last game. We need to brace ourselves for some bumps. Yesterday was grim though, we were so far off of it.

Also, I'm pleased for Rose who is doing well at Hamilton. Loaning him out was the correct decision. He couldn't hit a barn door for us. Missing countless sitters. Hopefully he'll come back sharper. The error was not loaning out a couple more imo.

Just seems to be part of Bullen’s legacy that we can’t tell the difference between trying hard and playing well. McKenzie always tries hard, but rarely plays well.  Static and ineffective doesn’t cover it.

Bottom line is that we simply can’t go away from home to places like east end park with a midfield of Murphy, McHugh, Dempsey and Bryden.  Add in Sanders who has been woeful and a one paced right sided centre back attempting to play left back and the only surprise is that some people are surprised that we were never in the game.

I can only assume there has been a total bust up with Albinson as no way should be be sitting on the bench - Clarke is nowhere near ready for championship football and looks petrified by every cross ball that comes his way.

And fair play to Ben Dempsey for achieving a level of invisibility that is so complete that he never gets criticised, presumably because no one notices he’s actually playing.

Worrying pattern of team selection from Brown, he has been dropping players left, right and centre for any kind of error. Post match comments yesterday he's calling out more mistakes and wanting to drop yet more guys. At some point you need to back your players and send your best team out. 

I also completely disagree with his comments that we were in the game yesterday - a nonsense. 

Edited by Shibuya

Aye, not sure what the reason is for it, if its trying to prove a point or trying to get players to kick on in training or something, but can we just play our strongest 11 ffs.

This squad is so limited in its quality that we really do not have the space to be fucking about trying stuff out. Bryden has been tried on the wing numerous times now and it hasn't worked. He isn't good enough to play up top at this level yet, let alone out of position. We have natural wide players, play them please Brown (not McGeady).

Thought our subs were weird yesterday as well, not to mention keeping that set up for 90 minutes. It was screaming out for a different approach as we offered nothing all afternoon.

We really need to be getting a positive result in the highlands in 2 weeks.

Eta. That was really awful yesterday. A properly worrying performance. Get it sorted please Ayr, no more of that for the run in.

Edited by AUcal

Just now, VinnyPar said:

Do you have an injury to a left back? I remember Musonda playing there for Raith at East End in our relegation season and he was awful.

Yup, Reading is injured. We signed a new one on Friday afternoon, Nathan McGinley, so hopefully he will be a good stop gap. 

We are absolutely chronic at full back, which I'm sure didn't got unnoticed yesterday.

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

That result today is entirely on Brown.  I'm no reading back but no doubt some brainchild has squared it all at McGinty -  complicit for sho.  

I also don't know what he's done to Logan Chalmers but he needs to swallow his pride and let our best player play.  Nobody is paying cash to watch Fraser Bryden chasing his own first touch, a fucking dumpling striker on the wing who hasn't given anything other than endeavour.  Bullenesque pish that needs to die a death immediately.  

I do understand he's playing with the hand a bald idiot dealt him but today was totally unacceptable, his attempts to rectify it were equally unacceptable.  Why keep the same shape that just wasn't working, to what benefit was that?  It was clearly part of the issue along with the nonsense tombola of playing out from the back via McGinty.  Cool it works sometimes, what about when they press him and he's melting into a puddle what then?  Just keep doing it anyway, great.  

I could not believe my eyes that Chalmers had come on and had been clearly instructed to let Nicholas fucking McCalister overlap him as the prime creator on the right, what in the name of f**k was he doing.  Nicholas fucking McCalister our imbecile right back.  I was and remain seething that this was even thought about never mind put to practice.  

That and the fact he'd clearly just given up at half time didn't help, you canny be this 'energetic' manager when all is good but because the game is done in your mind you just don't bother.  

Alarm bells today, especially the Bryden fiasco.  Again, he's having to deal with the mess that the BGM built but that's now 4* out of 6 games he's played Bryden at right wing.  Bullen would be getting slaughtered if he had McKenzie on the wing that often so it's definitely fair to bring up.  

I think you have probably said what some of us are worried about, but couldn’t say it. Probably slightly harsh in terms of alarm bells, though that would be the case if we persist with that sort of thing. 

We have definitely been better in terms of structure etc etc most of the time, but there needs to be scope within that structure to get the best out of one of your best players in Chalmers. 

As you say, the Bryden thing is very Bullen and that’s worrying. Obviously to a far lesser extent, as is the Amartey situation. I don’t even think it should be a question of whether you want Bryden, Tomlinson, McGeady or Amartey to come off the bench in attacking midfield and yet he can’t even make the bench. 

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Yep,that's the most honest post that sums up everything that's wrong with team,The Bryden supporters on here will probably be his mates,yep McGinty made a mistake for the second and you heard the the shouts coming from the stand,Bryden and McKenzie ferking hopeless yet hardly heard a whisper,if the Bryden and McKenzie supporters club wish to watch these two then it will be league one.

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Remember though Bryden is one of us so is immune to criticism from certain supporters 

McGinty has been as solid as a rock at the back. I actually blame Brown more than McGinty.

Tactically it makes no sense to ask him to play with the ball at his feet. He is so uncomfortable doing that, that when he is pressed heavily he is liable to make a mistake.

The timing of the error was horrific, right before half time. I can't really recall many more brainfarts this season from Big Sean so I'm not going to dwell on it.

A final point - the free headers we concede at corners has to stop. Almost every corner we conceded Dunfermline had a free header.

It’s not Brydens fault that’s he not up to it. It’s browns fault for playing him at all, let alone playing him out of position. 

I have been confused by some of Browns selection. I get why Musonda is playing left back, but why is he picking players in other areas as though we’ve got an injury crisis in those positions. Why Bryden for Chalmers? Why Clarke for Albinson? 
Totally baffling. 

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

And fair play to Ben Dempsey for achieving a level of invisibility that is so complete that he never gets criticised, presumably because no one notices he’s actually playing.

Dempsey is a bit of an engima to me. I don't understand what kind of midfielder he is. 

There's a bit of the Chris Aitken about him in that he seems to dissappear into the Bermuda triangle of the pitch for large spells and doesn't touch the ball.