The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’m not fussed as long as they fill Somerset and we make a ton of cash out it 

f**k that. Sick of clubs bending over backwards for the Old Firm cash. f**k them.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

f**k that. Sick of clubs bending over backwards for the Old Firm cash. f**k them.

Got to agree with this. One good part about supporting Ayr is we are free from the scum of the OF. Can't say I'm buzzing to hear IRA songs at Somerset. I'd gladly fire both clubs into some transatlantic league to rid Scotland of their bile. Having them being the team to open the new stand is a bit of a sickness 

22 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Charming ....

You’re the one moaning at people (whose personal circumstance you’ve no clue about) for not paying hundreds of quid.

Aye I won't be at the friendly either, i'll look forward to being back on the North Terrace on the first League Cup game.

I've already had 3 messages from Celtic supporting acquaintances about the game, so I have no doubt they'll sell a decent number tickets (these same Celtic fans are always telling me about how much they want games at old grounds like Somerset Park).

But I cba with the whole "spectacle" of it. If the game meant something I'd feel different.

32 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Announce 1000 season tickets sold this afternoon. 

But seriously, those who are waiting to see who we sign before getting a season,  come on, when have we ever signed anyone that made you buy a season ticket for somerset park? You just go every Saturday anyway, that's what we do.

For me personally, I’ll be back next year but I can’t guarantee I’ll be at every game because it’s been hard to drag myself to games when the football has been terrible. I’d rather watch the Friday night games in the pub than go and watch it live because it numbs some of the pain. I had a season ticket last year, watched every game but didn’t physically go to 3-4. 

I’ve bought season tickets for maybe 20 years, I bought one during the Cameron era because the club was fucked. I bought one through Covid, knowing I couldn’t go, because I knew it would help the club.

We sold record season tickets with the promise that we would invest in keeping Shankland, Moore and Moffat. 

The season tickets were put on sale early and the main selling point was getting one for the new stand. I’m not looking to sit there so it doesn’t speak to me. The launch was uninspired and unemotional, 
There really isn’t anything that says we will be better this season and people will want to attend every game to make a season ticket worth while. 

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You’re the one moaning at people (whose personal circumstance you’ve no clue about) for not paying hundreds of quid.

Absolutely not .....was just responding to ridiculous statements....

And in regards to people's personal circumstances I totally get that people are alot harder up these days and if you can't afford to get a ticket then absolutely don't get one....and just do what you can...

But the initial post was something along the lines of " have the money however will spend on something else if don't sign good players"....

So before you start the pity party posts trying to make me feel bad(I don't btw) read the post properly...

Anyways let's just draw a line under it ...if you want to see better players and have the money...support the team ....

If you don't then don't ...

Your choice....

52 minutes ago, AUcal said:

We've won a third of our home games in the past 5 seasons. For a large majority of that time we have played some truly eye bleeding football. 

We all support the club and in an ideal world we would all be financially comfortable enough to be able to hand over £300 quid regardless of our feelings of performances - but that's just not the case.

Folk have other priorities and can absolutely be forgiven for going.. you know what, they've not really made it worth my while for an extended period now. Given the realities of costs we all have now, it shouldn't be a given that you must hand over the cash or shut up and not complain.

😭😭😭

25 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Absolutely not .....was just responding to ridiculous statements....

And in regards to people's personal circumstances I totally get that people are alot harder up these days and if you can't afford to get a ticket then absolutely don't get one....and just do what you can...

But the initial post was something along the lines of " have the money however will spend on something else if don't sign good players"....

So before you start the pity party posts trying to make me feel bad(I don't btw) read the post properly...

Anyways let's just draw a line under it ...if you want to see better players and have the money...support the team ....

If you don't then don't ...

Your choice....

Think all that slurry has went tae yer heed ser. You really need to work on accepting others opinions and not assuming yours is the only right view. I used to like a lot of what you said, put the glue doon.

10 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Think all that slurry has went tae yer heed ser. You really need to work on accepting others opinions and not assuming yours is the only right view. I used to like a lot of what you said, put the glue doon.

Aye agree with that we all should accept each others views....and accept each others opinions...

I have mine you have yours.

No hard feelings champ.

Enjoy yer weekend 😄

Fingers crossed we get some good players signed up soon.