The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The absolute state of some Ayr fans here. The guy has went to a bigger club who will pay him more money. Given how he's played against us I expect he'll continue to give his all until he leaves. If those criticising him don't think every other Ayr player would do the same they are completely deluded.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The absolute state of some Ayr fans here. The guy has went to a bigger club who will pay him more money. Given how he's played against us I expect he'll continue to give his all until he leaves. If those criticising him don't think every other Ayr player would do the same they are completely deluded.

Moore didn't...

To be accurate, Craig Moore didn’t but I agree with your general point. League placings come into it too though, although I’m sure Partick will be fine.

13 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Is that because we withdrew our interest as are looking at a striker on loan from the SPL

You've been paying too much attention to the Hamilton fan claiming every club is after their players on loan.

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

#Obsessed

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah he makes a good point.

With the exception of the older guys like Moffat I think most of them might be tempted by a move to get more money.

Whether that’s to Thistle is another question.

In my experience, (on the ayr topic or match threads) he rarely makes good points.

Being tempted by the lure of more money isn't the issue here. I would have thought that obvious after 3 days of discussion. 

In my experience, (on the ayr topic or match threads) he rarely makes good points.
Being tempted by the lure of more money isn't the issue here. I would have thought that obvious after 3 days of discussion. 
Still struggling with a multi-forum platform I see.

This might seem wrong and outrageous these days, however everyone is entitled to their opinion and there really is no right or wrong where peoples feelings on Doc are concerned.

Some will applaud him for getting himself and his family more money and security with a longer contract and feel he owes us nothing, where others will see him as turning his back on his club and supporters by joining a direct rival and opponent and therefore question his commitment in the remaining months of the season, especially when playing against his new employer.

Both views are entirely rational and understandable and there's no point anyone trying to convince each other otherwise..........

6 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

For me it just sends out the message that players in reality don’t particularly care about playing here. With Docherty injury issues and the apparent legalities behind the PCA (McCall starting they’re not worth the paper they’re written on) why would Docherty go all guns blazing into challenges, push himself to the max only to risk and injury. Then Partick looking at him thinking hmm, 5 month injury, maybe just forget it. It’s not even January yet as well, around half way through the season and he’s more interested in next IMO. Get rid of him in January and look to who will come and replace him. Said the same with Smith last year (another deciding to go to a direct opponent). At least with Shankland, he waited till he had left and with Rose, he was actually making a step up and we have some sort of sell on fee.

If we're agreed that PCA's aren't worth the paper they're written on, as per McCall's comments last season, what's to say that any other club couldn't make an approach to Ayr for Docherty in the January window? If such a thing were to happen we might as well sell Docherty if there is even a half decent offer than lose him for free in the summer. Plus the schadenfraude on McCall/Thistle if that were to happen would justify selling him 😆

I think today was incredibly harsh on the players and I agree the usual numpties will want to make everything Kerr’s fault, but all that said, we desperately need to make a real start at rebuilding the squad In January.  I don’t think any of the centre backs we have at the moment are really up to it, with some of the goals we’ve conceded over the last 6-8 weeks being plain dreadful.   

In the short term, I’d probably just live with the options we have up front and focus our attention on at least 1 centre half and some younger legs for the centre of the midfield.

18 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I think today was incredibly harsh on the players and I agree the usual numpties will want to make everything Kerr’s fault, but all that said, we desperately need to make a real start at rebuilding the squad In January.  I don’t think any of the centre backs we have at the moment are really up to it, with some of the goals we’ve conceded over the last 6-8 weeks being plain dreadful.   

In the short term, I’d probably just live with the options we have up front and focus our attention on at least 1 centre half and some younger legs for the centre of the midfield.

Last clean sheet was 28th September. Shoring up the defence is the priority.

We need a striker next month. completely dominated them for 40 minutes of the first half but had zero presence in the final third, if we'd had a half decent striker we'd have been 2/3 up before they got a sniff.

Moronic stuff from Kerr, he's the fucking manager who's supposed to be leading as an example to the rest of the players and he goes and does that, what a complete clown. Sitting up in the stand for the next two games could cost him his job if we lost these next two games. Didn't help having the chuckle brothers CB pairing who were bomb scares under pressure today.

BOOOOOOOOOO

IT'S TIME TO GO!!!!!!

*I may be saying the above statement as a joke atm but if we lose next two games which i think we easily could i'll not be joking.

We need a striker next month. completely dominated them for 40 minutes of the first half but had zero presence in the final third, if we'd had a half decent striker we'd have been 2/3 up before they got a sniff.
Moronic stuff from Kerr, he's the fucking manager who's supposed to be leading as an example to the rest of the players and he goes and does that, what a complete clown. Sitting up in the stand for the next two games could cost him his job if we lost these next two games. Didn't help having the chuckle brothers CB pairing who were bomb scares under pressure today.
BOOOOOOOOOO
IT'S TIME TO GO!!!!!!
*I may be saying the above statement as a joke atm but if we lose next two games which i think we easily could i'll not be joking.

It’s one game he’s out for if it was 2 bookings. Although there now appears to be some confusion as to what actually happened to get him sent off.

He’s never getting sacked before the end of the season, nor should he. If he fucks up his recruitment in January and we end up even worse off then I’ll jump on the bandwagon but managers in general aren’t given enough time these days.