The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Apparently we've offered 7.5k for Forrest and he'll go back on loan until the end of the season like we did with Dykes. 

That won’t suit us tbh. We’re rumoured to be signing Michael Tidser from Falkirk on loan which will meet our criteria of 4 loans.

We then wouldn’t be able to take Forrest back on loan.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

FTFY. 😉👍

Sibbald hopefully going nowhere, cementing a first team place finally :D 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

That won’t suit us tbh. We’re rumoured to be signing Michael Tidser from Falkirk on loan which will meet our criteria of 4 loans.

We then wouldn’t be able to take Forrest back on loan.

Wonder if we're trying to get the deal done asap and get him away to Spain on our winter break then. Unless one of your loans are being terminated?

Wonder if we're trying to get the deal done asap and get him away to Spain on our winter break then. Unless one of your loans are being terminated?

Hopefully none of them are being terminated. Stephen Kelly and Ross Doohan are key players.

The only other thing I can think of is Jordan Houston has apparently been told he can leave at the end of the season from Rangers. We might try and get him permanently just now and free up another loan.

The Tidser thing might be complete nonsense mind you.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hopefully none of them are being terminated. Stephen Kelly and Ross Doohan are key players.

The only other thing I can think of is Jordan Houston has apparently been told he can leave at the end of the season from Rangers. We might try and get him permanently just now and free up another loan.

We did a similar thing with Halkett mind you, had him on a season long loan and Rangers just let us have him in January for free. 

I'm imagining Crawford and Devlin are probably trying to tap up Forrest and talk him into it :D 

£7.5k is an insult if we take it, should be £50k more like.

No one is paying that when they can just get him for nothing in the summer.

This also means we can get a decent sell on put in the deal.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

No one is paying that when they can just get him for nothing in the summer.

This also means we can get a decent sell on put in the deal.

Only if we got him back on loan this would be decent, if it was a straight sell we lose one of our top goalscorers and creative players at a time when the goals are drying up front.

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

£7.5k is an insult if we take it, should be £50k more like.

This was my initial thoughts, however when thinking about it if our options are Forrest joining a current rival on a pre contract or him stepping up to Livingston and us receiving £7.5k (which could go towards the wages of a new signing for 6 months) and then getting him back on loan until the summer, then it's the best deal out there for us. It also gives the player security regarding injuries etc as he'd be signed as opposed to worrying about whether a pre contract deal would be honoured should the worst happen.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This was my initial thoughts, however when thinking about it if our options are Forrest joining a current rival on a pre contract or him stepping up to Livingston and us receiving £7.5k (which could go towards the wages of a new signing for 6 months) and then getting him back on loan until the summer, then it's the best deal out there for us. It also gives the player security regarding injuries etc as he'd be signed as opposed to worrying about whether a pre contract deal would be honoured should the worst happen.

That's same thing that Livi did with Lyndon Dykes & Queens last season. 

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The Houston situation wouldn't surprise me as personally I just see him as mediocre, even at our level. He's still young though and does have power and pace so he definitely could improve.

As for Tidser, I do think he's the type of player that we're crying out for, although his commitment and workrate are not his strong suits. He could turn out as a great signing but equally could end up like another Chris Aitken / Gary Harkins scenario...........

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

That's same thing that Livi did with Lyndon Dykes & Queens last season. 

Yes, it's not nice for fans at clubs such as ours but we just need to accept where we stand in the foodchain as it were and try and get the best deal possible.

Dykes has done well since stepping up from what I've seen of him and the fact you got him back with a few quid to boot was a far better outcome than losing him for nothing to a direct rival in the same division.

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He could turn out as a great signing but equally could end up like another Chris Aitken / Gary Harkins scenario...........

That’s the same for any player you sign , no guarantee how they play with different teammates 

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

That’s the same for any player you sign , no guarantee how they play with different teammates 

Agreed Robbo, as I say, I think Tidser is the type who would do well at Ayr as he does have a bit of quality but of course we'll need to sign him first.

Whatever happens, we're definitely going to need a couple of decent Midfielders and a striker as a minimum.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Some are a bigger risk than others though.

I'm not sure about tidser, but hopefully we'll get the best out of him if he does indeed sign.

If Doc goes in January and Kerr hangs up his boots , we certainly would need an experienced older head in there 

Edited by Robbo63

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He could turn out as a great signing but equally could end up like another Chris Aitken / Gary Harkins scenario...........

Chris Aitken should not be in the same bucket as the wage thief.