League Cup 2018/19 Group G

I’ve saw Kipre do a step over. The cup’s coming home.

We made hard work of that and if Clyde had more about them going forward they would have got a second on the break. Still we missed a barrow load of chances despite not playing well. At least we are through.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve saw Kipre do a step over. The cup’s coming home.

We made hard work of that and if Clyde had more about them going forward they would have got a second on the break. Still we missed a barrow load of chances despite not playing well. At least we are through.

You also saw Kipre flat on his arse after getting it handed to him, it has been rumoured he had to pay to get back in.

From what I’ve seen of our games so far I look forward to the season ahead.
Today was a great show against SPL opposition and bodes well for what lies ahead of us.
DG was his excellent self but I hope Danny gets a striker in on loan to help him.
Complete confidence in Danny and the way he sets the team up for each game.

Decent enough performance but a missed opportunity against a team who had completely ran out of ideas. The only way they were getting level was with a scrappy set piece goal. We had chances in both halves to kill the game but didn't even hit the target; examples including Love missing the ball completely from Cuddihy's cross and Goodwillie hitting way off target when he had McStay free in the box/a clear shot at goal. Not to mention Ferns bottling it when through at 2-1 in the last minute; no guarantees he scores against a good goalkeeper but he has to hit the target there. I've not seen anything from him, either at other clubs or since joining Clyde, to think he'll offer much to help our season.

That said, I can't help but think that we made a mistake leaving Goodwillie completely on his own up top when we took Boyle (who was rubbish) off. I think our shape was strong enough, and there was enough space centrally when we countered, to warrant putting Lamont in behind him, or even Love like Tuesday. The ball ended up just coming back time and time again.

I thought Nicoll, Grant and Cuddihy (after a tough first 10) were outstanding, cleaned up just about all of the knock-downs from the long punts forward. The goalkeeper did well but his kicking was atrocious. 

Looking forward to a season where we won't need to play like that too often. 

We didn't play well, but were the better team and 3-1 is probably a fair result, despite our lack of creativity. I always thought the goal was going to come, at some point, but just before we scored I had started to give up hope, Sammon was invisible and Main looked like a donkey. However when that first goal goes in you could see the lift it gave us and we played much better. I thought Gorrín changed the game more than Johnson, Gorrín actually managed to get a foot on the ball in the middle of the park, something which Campbell and Rose failed to do in the first half. Still can't see why Bigi isn't getting some sort of chance, maybe it is because he's more creative than industrious.

Boy that was torturous and yes a lucky escape BUT....

We hate playing on a plastic pitch and the wind was rather fierce at times. 

Clyde played OK but let’s be honest scored with the their 1st and only chance in the 1st half.  Appalling defending but Hartley looks like he may take some time to get up to speed as he has been woeful ! 

Frear for me our MOM and was putting in cross after cross. Not all great but was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Goodwillie had a great chance to make it 2-0 and had he done so there would have been little chance to get back. 

We were far from great, hell far from average. But to still win 3-1 whilst being abject says a lot. 

We move on but worrying signs in defence 

Didn’t deserve to win today, we were abysmal up until we equalised. Think that knocked the stuffing out of Clyde, more so when our second went in.
Looks like a lot of our players are not ready for the real season to start, Hartley’s performance especially showed he’s not fit enough yet, Kipre wasn’t much better.
Sub of Gorrin for Campbell changed game as I thought Campbell was been given too much time on the ball to try and create something which isn’t really his bag, he’s has more of a off the ball, pressing, harrying type of style whereas Gorrin actually looked up and tried a more cultured pass.
We’re through to next round, but don’t think we’ll progress any further. Hope I’m wrong

Rapey Dave and his pals are shite.

Managed to make Hartley and Kipre look like chumps for the goal.

Shame the officials don’t know the difference between a goal kick and a corner which cost us the equaliser and gave Motherwell a way in.

12 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Shame the officials don’t know the difference between a goal kick and a corner which cost us the equaliser and gave Motherwell a way in.

Wasn't a goal kick, if you watch the BT sport replays you'll see our guy completely missed the ball so was definitely a corner.

Ooft!!

Archived