Do you love Jesus?

Do you love Jesus?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I reckon he existed and was the first ever person to suffer with schizophrenia - "I am the son of God!", "I can turn water into wine!", "I will make the crippled walk again!"

Given no one had likely witnessed schizophrenia before, they had nothing to compare his antics to and believed the shite he was coming out with. And once they had enough of his carry on the lack of asylums resulted in the guy getting nailed to a cross.

Poor b*****d.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I reckon he existed and was the first ever person to suffer with schizophrenia - "I am the son of God!", "I can turn water into wine!", "I will make the crippled walk again!"

Given no one had likely witnessed schizophrenia before, they had nothing to compare his antics to and believed the shite he was coming out with. And once they had enough of his carry on the lack of asylums resulted in the guy getting nailed to a cross.

Poor b*****d.

Is there any evidence to suggest he made those claims?  Far more likely the claims were made on his behalf quite some time after he died.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is there any evidence to suggest he made those claims?  Far more likely the claims were made on his behalf quite some time after he died.

You tell us, you were around at the time.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Someone already cracked that joke. It’s sad when you have to recycle more quick-witted folks’ comments.

Sorry, who was joking?

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Poor b*****d.

Who did he catch it off then?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

On 11/07/2018 at 12:08, NJ2 said:

I find the concept that religious people thank God or Jesus when something goes well but don’t blame them when something goes badly quite strange.

I've essentially lost a friend of mine who was always a hardcore Northern Irish protestant but decided to go to Africa as a missionary and now seems to do nothing but try to convert me whenever I see her (she had some alternative chat previously).  Even at uni years ago she was known to all as 'Catherine the Converter', a classic happy-clappy doctor-doctor.

Anyway, on our last meeting , I met her writing letters at the table in the pub, these being so called 'prayer letters' from her adopted African village.  Long story short, they'd write her a prayer for something personal and if it happened then she'd write them a later back saying that God/Jebus had made it come true.  If it didn't happen then she just wouldn't bother with such a reply. 

She also seemed to have developed a dislike for (quote) "those adulterers and heathens at Medecins Sans Frontieres", who I have more respect for seeing as they don't head out with the ulterior motive of spreading the word of 'the Lord'.  Her trick evidently seems to be heading out to a place where mothers are dying from preventable causes such as child birth, performing basic doctor duties and then telling them all that it was largely down to Jesus' that the kid & mother were saved.  Of course, she then gets all upset when they get caught up in some sectarian tussle with the neighbours, sending them her prayers on FB after she's f***ed off home like some sort of Boris Johnson type character.

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 11/07/2018 at 12:37, Granny Danger said:

There is strong historical evidence to suggest there was a guy who we refer to as Jesus kicking around Galilee a couple of thousand years ago. 

He was likely charismatic and had a following amongst the populus.

He wasn't the son of god; his mother wasn't a virgin (though there is a question about the translation that led to that claim anyway); he did not perform miracles; and he didn't rise from the dead.

He was also a brown Jewish guy. Weird that his followers weren't Jewish.

On 11/07/2018 at 12:55, shuggz said:

My favourite cheeses are Red Leicester and Wensleydale.

Red Leicester is probably the most overrated cheese going