Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

915 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 15/01/2024 at 09:22, Dons_1988 said:

Weird how you get random gaps in football knowledge/memory. I remember the chat about mark burchill but I genuinely can’t remember watching him playing football ever. 

Most Killie fans would say the same.

On 18/01/2024 at 20:00, velo army said:

Been shaking my head at some of the revisionist nonsense about Ferguson. I don't feel we've replaced him since he retired. His Scotland career basically finished after the Italy game in 2007, but aside from one game where Aleksandr Hleb took his dinner money I never saw him out of place against the best. 

There isn't a Scotland midfielder right now that is better than peak Bazza, never mind McGregor.

McGinn and McTominay are still better, they are doing it at a much higher level regularly.

Script meeting -

"Let's get a Glaswegian comedian on and ask him if he prefers playing Edinburgh or his home town of Glasgow"

"Sounds great, and really original as well".

Fucks sake lads, brutal brutal stuff.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Script meeting -

"Let's get a Glaswegian comedian on and ask him if he prefers playing Edinburgh or his home town of Glasgow"

"Sounds great, and really original as well".

Fucks sake lads, brutal brutal stuff.

"How about we do something revolutionary and say that Glasgow is a working class city and that Edinburgh is exclusively populated by drab middle class people who don't understand comedy"

2 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

"How about we do something revolutionary and say that Glasgow is a working class city and that Edinburgh is exclusively populated by drab middle class people who don't understand comedy"

Aye, Tam was actually dribbling on about people coming "straight from the pits to the music halls" or some such.

I mean, most of them will probably be working in a fucking office now......

It was utterly painful. Needs put out it's misery.

There are few topics more likely to start a polite gentlemen's disagreement on P&B than Barry Ferguson in a Scotland shirt  :P

53 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Aye, Tam was actually dribbling on about people coming "straight from the pits to the music halls" or some such.

I mean, most of them will probably be working in a fucking office now......

It was utterly painful. Needs put out it's misery.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but Tam to a degree very much thinks in terms of the 50s-70s both in music, comedy and what is acceptable..

Which is unfortunate because he does seem like a nice guy and can be pretty witty 

52 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Can anyone who was listening today (alternatively Tam or the other guy) tell me the name of the Scottish history podcast that was being promoted?

Radio VT? :lol:

I caught around 13/14 minutes earlier and during that they simped for Sevco (especially Tam Cowan).

How sad. They used to be proudly anti old firm, which was a massive appeal of the show.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I caught around 13/14 minutes earlier and during that they simped for Sevco (especially Tam Cowan).

How sad. They used to be proudly anti old firm, which was a massive appeal of the show.

Cowan doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds. 

He does a lot of after dinner speaking in lodges both masonic and orange. 

16 hours ago, mathematics said:

Can anyone who was listening today (alternatively Tam or the other guy) tell me the name of the Scottish history podcast that was being promoted?

House of the lion: a blood soaked throne 

22 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I wouldn't go as far as that, but Tam to a degree very much thinks in terms of the 50s-70s both in music, comedy and what is acceptable..

Which is unfortunate because he does seem like a nice guy and can be pretty witty 

Not sure Marvin Bartley and Eilidh Barbour would agree with that.

5 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Not sure Marvin Bartley and Eilidh Barbour would agree with that.

Yeah.... I mean Bartley basically has criminal conviction in "not being a nice guy".... 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's a lot worse rumoured.

🤔🤔🤔🤔