The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The only driver to beat the bulls since 2022 doesn't have a job next season ....just saying 

LeClerc will be delighted Sainz is away, he’ll make Hamilton look like Bottas next year.

Ferrari also have 3 different drivers having a better season than both of the Mercs combined. 

Alonso given a 20 second penalty and 3 penalty points on his license. I didn’t even know it was under investigation. Can see that being overturned on appeal. 

Edited by Gianfranco

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Alonso given a 20 second penalty and 3 penalty points on his license. I didn’t even know it was under investigation. Can see that being overturned on appeal. 

Seems odd, but the stewards are party to so much information the rest of us don't see. It didn't look like a deliberate brake test to me

21 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Looks like the Red Bull bosses are ready to swing the axes again, with Danny Ric being given a few races to improve his form before he's dumped for Liam Lawson.

Taking from that he is no longer an option to replace Perez next season. That was the whole point of him being at this team in the first place. So its going to be now whether he decides to be done with F1 before F1 is done with him. I'm sure he will give it his best shot, however no one escapes the axe warning, not in F1.

Not a surprise, everyone could see he had lost some speed at McLaren and that wasn't down to the car. He's a different level in understanding the car and communication than de Vries was but looks like not any quicker. It would also be annoying if people start trying to lobby other teams to take him just because they believe he has an entertaining personality.

45 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Looks like the Red Bull bosses are ready to swing the axes again, with Danny Ric being given a few races to improve his form before he's dumped for Liam Lawson.

Good. He shouldn't have got the drive ahead of Liam Lawson in the first place.