The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

47 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

That penalty for Magnussen 🤯

It's a rom-cam and Magnussen and a steward are in a flirtatious relationship, so they're inventing excuses to have to see each other. 

That was an excellent drive from Lando. Delighted for him, he always comes across as one of the good guys. That McLaren looks properly quick with the upgrades as well, they’ve made impressive progress since the start of last season. 

The National Geographic channel is showing the Brawn GP documentary that is on Disney+.

The first part is on tonight, guessing it's on over the next few Thursdays although possible they could all be available on demand after tonight.

I reckon they should introduce a rule ASAP that all cars have to have manual transmission with clutch pedal required.

Then we’ll see who can actually drive!

On 09/05/2024 at 17:25, Raidernation said:

I reckon they should introduce a rule ASAP that all cars have to have manual transmission with clutch pedal required.

Then we’ll see who can actually drive!

Sprinklers on the corners, reverse grids, loads of ways to rip it up.

20 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Finally, the fourth US race that everyone has been clamouring for.

Give a big enough country enough attempts, and maybe one day they will come up with a decent circuit. I'll not hold my breath though. 

On the plus side, the new upgrades to Imola look good. They have loosened the leash with the speeds and added proper gravel traps again

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Give a big enough country enough attempts, and maybe one day they will come up with a decent circuit. I'll not hold my breath though. 

On the plus side, the new upgrades to Imola look good. They have loosened the leash with the speeds and added proper gravel traps again

I think Circuit of the Americas is a decent circuit. Sure it is modelled on a lot of other racetracks but think it's one of the better new tracks we've seen. 

20 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I think Circuit of the Americas is a decent circuit. Sure it is modelled on a lot of other racetracks but think it's one of the better new tracks we've seen. 

The thing is America has plenty of really good permanent race tracks , cota being a new shiny version of one but at least it's a track first location 2nd.  Is more annoying than anything that any new US race has to be a street circuit around some landmark. Whether that's Vegas , the long time proposed new jersey race so that the backdrop would be the Manhattan skyline , Miami racing around a brand new billion $ stadium complex. Get them racing around Road America , Sonoma , Watkins Glen ....  

55 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Vegas, despite being a street track, gave some decent racing. 

I still miss old Hockenheim. 

3 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Fair! COTA is brilliant. 

The racing at Vegas has been fun so far too. As mentioned, there are a few really tidy tracks that would be amazing with a little upgrade, but the economics mean there will probably be more street tracks in F1 as they are cheaper to run