A View From The Terrace.

Sean Dillon reminds me of sitting on the grass banks at Borough Briggs in September 2017 with a half bottle and the sun shining down. He'd only been at Montrose a couple of months and scored an own goal, gave away a penalty and lost his man for a goal as City won 3-0. Good times.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Never realised what a c**t McCall was over the Bankies  but no surprise.

Rocking up at Hugh Scott's Morton immediately afterwards was quite the frying pan/fire scenario. 

On 17/03/2021 at 04:48, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I was going to St Mirren away a few years ago and minutes before the train left the station somebody realised there had been a f**k up and the Ardrossan train had been mixed up with the Paisley St James one.

I assume everyone managed to get on the right one in time but it felt like a good idea for a sitcom episode- a train full of Motherwell fans and commuting Paisleyites stranded in seaside Ayrshire by accident.

Some Motherwell, do have 'em?

Agreed that the Clydebank feature was great. I remember their protest walk onto the pitch at Station Park as I was a ballboy at the time and a group of them all lined up at the security gate beside me before making their way onto the park.

Batshit crazy the whole Dublin thing and I didn't realise until last night that it was McCall who was manager and what a tit he was about it.

Another stinker of a Last Minute winner though, bin the songs and do more like the Hamilton one from a few weeks ago. Don't think there's been one good song this year

Love the digs at Falkirk, you can just picture their fans sitting frothing at the mouth in rage watching the TV.

Screenshot_20210320-084321_Chrome.thumb.jpeg.20a6ec75e46fb610e8b8e40712b21459.jpeg

On another topic though, didn't enjoy Last Minute Winner this week but I disagree with the criticism of the format. I reckon every domestic and international team should be required to record an original song for every campaign, with a bonus point if the entire squad sings at least a verse and a chorus.
We cannot be advocating a scenario where songs like Come On Livingston don't see the light of day.

38 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Agreed that the Clydebank feature was great. I remember their protest walk onto the pitch at Station Park as I was a ballboy at the time and a group of them all lined up at the security gate beside me before making their way onto the park.

Batshit crazy the whole Dublin thing and I didn't realise until last night that it was McCall who was manager and what a tit he was about it.

Another stinker of a Last Minute winner though, bin the songs and do more like the Hamilton one from a few weeks ago. Don't think there's been one good song this year

I thought the United song last week was listenable 

Screenshot_20210320-084321_Chrome.thumb.jpeg.20a6ec75e46fb610e8b8e40712b21459.jpeg

On another topic though, didn't enjoy Last Minute Winner this week but I disagree with the criticism of the format. I reckon every domestic and international team should be required to record an original song for every campaign, with a bonus point if the entire squad sings at least a verse and a chorus.
We cannot be advocating a scenario where songs like Come On Livingston don't see the light of day.
This is a great idea! I'm all for a mad Scottish football Eurovision song contest.

The second part of the Clydebank story was good but felt a bit rushed. Add me to the list who didn't realise what an absolute dick Ian McCall was about it all.

Would have liked to have seen or heard a bit more about their nomad days and their relegation in 99/00, which saw them take a series of hidings. As I recall, they actually did alright the season after and in their final season were pushing for second for a while.

I'm sure they set some mad attendance record as well of about 58 or something, and that when the end was coming they used to cheer the opposition's goals.

Overall it's a story that is quite overlooked. Would enjoy seeing a longer documentary on it (including the outing of more villains!).

Do we reckon we'll see them in League 2 in a few season? I have no idea of their strength relative to their current league, let alone the Lowland League!

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The second part of the Clydebank story was good but felt a bit rushed. Add me to the list who didn't realise what an absolute dick Ian McCall was about it all.

Would have liked to have seen or heard a bit more about their nomad days and their relegation in 99/00, which saw them take a series of hidings. As I recall, they actually did alright the season after and in their final season were pushing for second for a while.

I'm sure they set some mad attendance record as well of about 58 or something, and that when the end was coming they used to cheer the opposition's goals.

Overall it's a story that is quite overlooked. Would enjoy seeing a longer documentary on it (including the outing of more villains!).

Do we reckon we'll see them in League 2 in a few season? I have no idea of their strength relative to their current league, let alone the Lowland League!

I agree it felt a little rushed,  a 3 parter would have been better,  with a part dedicated to their demise, and another to the recovery.