A View From The Terrace.

As I recall, they actually did alright the season after and in their final season were pushing for second for a while.

You recall right. They ended up 4th behind us and Alloa who got promoted behind champions QOS. I believe they were 2nd for a lot of the season but fell away a bit at the end. I wonder what would've happened had they been promoted.

The whole Clydebank story could make a great documentary series. Take note Netflix.

58 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The second part of the Clydebank story was good but felt a bit rushed. Add me to the list who didn't realise what an absolute dick Ian McCall was about it all.

Would have liked to have seen or heard a bit more about their nomad days and their relegation in 99/00, which saw them take a series of hidings. As I recall, they actually did alright the season after and in their final season were pushing for second for a while.

I'm sure they set some mad attendance record as well of about 58 or something, and that when the end was coming they used to cheer the opposition's goals.

Overall it's a story that is quite overlooked. Would enjoy seeing a longer documentary on it (including the outing of more villains!).

Do we reckon we'll see them in League 2 in a few season? I have no idea of their strength relative to their current league, let alone the Lowland League!

With the current snail's pace of movement between tier 5 and 6, and tier 4 and 5, it will take them a long time. Talbot will be back in next season and Darvel are spending a bomb, and that's before you get to the likes of Kelty or EK chucking stupid money about in the LL.

Clydebank were a pretty consistent top 8-10 team in the West Juniors but not one of the very top teams.

I thought the Sean Dillon interview was the best one ever on the show. Spoke well, joined in with the banter, and stories were great, like the one about his nightmare performance in the league winning match. I remember it well.

27 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, johnnydun said:
Too much Arab influence the past couple of weeks imo.

Have they had a Doon Derby feature yet? That has massive potential.

I know I'll be giving off massive "I'm actually not bothered" vibes but I'm actually not bothered and I don't know many Arabs that are.

We were already down and it was just a bit of a shoulder shrug that Dundee did it.

I know Hoolie was greetin but his whole schtick is to be performative and the biggest United man. That and bothering young folk at the rooms 

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I know I'll be giving off massive "I'm actually not bothered" vibes but I'm actually not bothered and I don't know many Arabs that are.

We were already down and it was just a bit of a shoulder shrug that Dundee did it.

I know Hoolie was greetin but his whole schtick is to be performative and the biggest United man. That and bothering young folk at the rooms 

^^^Bothered by the Doon Derby.

^^^Bothered by not being bothered by Hoolie.

The two Bankies features were enjoyable, especially the reminder that the Steedman family were instrumental in their downfall: maybe a mention of their involvement in setting up Clydebank as a senior side in 1964 and 1965, while starting the downward spiral of East Stirlingshire at the same time would have been informative.

Jack and Charlie appeared to like publicity more than they enjoyed football. 

I agree with many about the rushed nature of the Clydebank film and I did not have as many guilty feelings as I feared-I was glad the guys set about keeping a club going for their community. Sean Dillon was excellent with his tales. I was puzzled about Barisic being kept out of the ""Franken footballer on the grounds of not being Scottish, but Kamara still got kept in -is he not a Finland international? ( maybe I misunderstood and will need to watch it again)  Good show again

Only slight issue I had this week was the empty Dens Park bit being shown again when I'm sure iit was only on a few weeks back? I'd have thought one of the Series 1 clips could have been shown instead, especially for any new viewers who may have missed them 1st round when they were only on the iplayer for a week.

I agree with many about the rushed nature of the Clydebank film and I did not have as many guilty feelings as I feared-I was glad the guys set about keeping a club going for their community. Sean Dillon was excellent with his tales. I was puzzled about Barisic being kept out of the ""Franken footballer on the grounds of not being Scottish, but Kamara still got kept in -is he not a Finland international? ( maybe I misunderstood and will need to watch it again)  Good show again

They said they wanted the Frankenballer to be able to play for Scotland, so they wanted one of the component players to be Scottish. Then they realised one of them already was.