Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I can’t be healthy having that much rage inside you, it really can’t.

I can only imagine that sort of anger and disdain eats away and you and causes an early death.

Of course when I say ‘imagine’ I really mean hope.

Sometimes I can't believe how uninterested or unengaged or perfectly relaxed my missus and some friends are in relation to say Brexit, PPE corruption. Labour's support of Brexit, or the latest Tory shitfest. However now I know given how ignorant/unconcerned I am about the Gender Reform Bill. I don't think I have one view on it either way. 

37 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's astonishing how all these bigots somehow feel compelled to vote Tory in the end.

And that it's always someone else's fault. The phrase 'politically homeless' directly translates as 'hatemongering c**t' a good 90% of the time, I find. 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's astonishing how all these bigots somehow feel compelled to vote Tory in the end.

It's almost as funny as how, back in 2014, many of the exact same people who were ridiculing Wings as a cybernat bampot, are now hailing him as some sort of champion for honesty and integrity, despite having slipped from the realms of the slightly abrasive into the completely and utterly unhinged.

It's the complete about face regards Campbell in certain places that convinces me that for many of the people frothing about it, the 'no to Self ID' thing is nothing more than an objection to who is driving it, and not the substance of it itself.

Edited by Boo Khaki

He is clearly a very angry, publicity seeking man.

Choosing the GRA as the 'main' bone of contention with the SNP isn't a good look.

And as far choosing to vote Tory at any time, in any circumstances...that's never acceptable 

All Tories have a wee story about how it's actually not their fault they vote Tory. People always forced them due to not being bigoted enough about something.

As for WoS, is there actually anyone heavily involved in indyref 1 who hasn't completely shit the bed by now? Wings is obviously an extreme example, but Michelle Mone is going to jail, JK Rowling is fully evil and Darren McGarvey is crying because he might not be allowed to park his car on the pavement.

WoS is like Scotland's version of Alex Jones.  An angry lunatic but knows there's even bigger angry lunatics out there who can spare him a few quid.  I fully expect him to be a full-scale Rule Britannia unionist at the next referendum. 

Edited by Highland Capital

10 hours ago, GAD said:

All Tories have a wee story about how it's actually not their fault they vote Tory. People always forced them due to not being bigoted enough about something.

As for WoS, is there actually anyone heavily involved in indyref 1 who hasn't completely shit the bed by now? Wings is obviously an extreme example, but Michelle Mone is going to jail, JK Rowling is fully evil and Darren McGarvey is crying because he might not be allowed to park his car on the pavement.

You get that on here occasionally. I used to like chocolate eclairs, but a few posters who like chocolate eclairs said bum to me, so now I'm petitioning to have them removed from the bakery. Fucking bizarre that they think that's a serious way to view the world; the old logical fallacy of "Hitler was evil, and Hitler was a vegetarian*, so therefore vegetarians are evil".

Anyone who knew Campbell before he discovered there was money to be made from Scottish independence would have known that he has only two interests:

1. Stuart Campbell
  2. Annoying as many people as possible

As he burned his bridges in video game journalism and independence voters gradually twigged that he's a danger, the natural source for negative attention is the people he used to make money from. It's some ways off yet, but you can guarantee there'll be a heel/face turn (depending on your viewpoint) over transphobia at some point, couched in the most bitter, angry language possible for maximum responses.

*yes, I know.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He's got a pal to go out leafleting with..

I've never had any reason to pay heed to this fella Linehan (and still don't) but I've just checked his wiki profile and he's apparently a grade 1 arsehole. Who'd have thunk it. 

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

I've never had any reason to pay heed to this fella Linehan (and still don't) but I've just checked his wiki profile and he's apparently a grade 1 arsehole. Who'd have thunk it. 

I've mentioned this before, but a few decades ago I read the occasional article by him aimed at people trying to get started in comedy writing, and I quite liked his commentary tracks on shows like Father Ted and the IT Crowd. He seemed like a decent guy who liked to help people out although, according to Limmy, there was maybe an element of "I helped you out once so now you owe me" about him.

He deserves all the stick that comes his way, as he's a massively prejudiced bam, but this is surely some kind of mental illness. He's burned his life to the ground and seemingly hasn't enjoyed it at all. It's interesting that he seems to have had lots of friends (or contacts, at least) in the industry, and everybody seems to have adopted the "pretend he doesn't exist" strategy instead of saying anything negative about him.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

It's interesting that he seems to have had lots of friends (or contacts, at least) in the industry, and everybody seems to have adopted the "pretend he doesn't exist" strategy instead of saying anything negative about him.

Matt Berry didn’t - https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/matt-berry-transphobic-it-crowd-episode-b1944874.html?amp

13 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It's quite impossible to dislike Matt Berry.

I like how the article states that C4 pulled that episode of the IT Crowd because his character broke up with a woman after discovering that she was trans - I think it was probably the episode trying to establish that she's still a man on the inside, and the long They Live style fight sequence between the two where Matt Berry's character has no problem beating the snot out of her.

25 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's interesting that he seems to have had lots of friends (or contacts, at least) in the industry, and everybody seems to have adopted the "pretend he doesn't exist" strategy instead of saying anything negative about him.

The strategy isn't reciprocated..