Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This nonsense with the App should be properly exposed. Govt always knew Apple were never coming to the party. It was always going to absolutely hammer the battery life of their phones so they said f**k no from the start. Android phones were actually also going to suffer badly.

Dominic of course once again knew better than the tech firms.

of course his pals have done well from this flop.

I cycled to Girvan tonight. The roads are so much busier than they were even 3 weeks ago. Also about 20 motorcyclists outside the chippy. I don’t have an issue with any of that but I saw one one of them peeing beside the public toilets as they aren’t open. I really don’t see why you can go to Tesco or Morrisons and use the toilet but the public ones aren’t open, especially when there’s more people out and about 

Check the nick of the priest of in this mad storyfrom Russia. He declares covid a lot of shite, gets chucked out the church, invades a convent with a load of Cossacks.

I'm not religious but I think that's down to the beige types who end up as ministers here. I'd totally listen to a wild eyed bearded man wearing black robes covered in runes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/18/russian-priest-who-called-coronavirus-a-pseudo-pandemic-seizes-convent

2904.thumb.jpg.f0744319521c5946a41f852562c79083.jpg

Lots of Orthodox excitement in Russia.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/october-revolution-russia-100-years-tsar-nicholas-ii-royalist-cult-romanov-family-murder-bolsheviks-a8035466.html

Also, I saw this today, a new Cathedral dedicated to the Russian Army

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is a huge problem for them. Unfurloughed staff must wait at least 3 weeks to be furloughed again.

That's not correct. The 3 week rule is the minimum amount of time they have to be on furlough. There are no rules about minimum time to bring them back before re-furloughing. You could have someone work a day then put them back on furlough.

That's not correct. The 3 week rule is the minimum amount of time they have to be on furlough. There are no rules about minimum time to bring them back before re-furloughing. You could have someone work a day then put them back on furlough.

My girlfriends work are operating on a rotating 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off basis and once they’re finished the 4 weeks they’ll be furloughed again until their next cycle. However she reckons by the time it’s comes to her second cycle we should be at phase 3 and possible even phase 4 so her work might be back to normal.

I misread that as my girlfriends are working four on four off.......

I’d have jumped in the Tay if I had to quarantine with more than one girlfriend the last 3 months.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Looks like something from an Irwin Allen sci fi.

And they won't want it to rise any further. 

Close but Irwin Allen probably had 500 times the budget as that was a triffid from the early 1980s BBC serialisation of "Day of the Triffids".

Cardboard, string and chicken wire, these were the special effects of the pre CGI generation.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Check the nick of the priest of in this mad storyfrom Russia. He declares covid a lot of shite, gets chucked out the church, invades a convent with a load of Cossacks.

I'm not religious but I think that's down to the beige types who end up as ministers here. I'd totally listen to a wild eyed bearded man wearing black robes covered in runes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/18/russian-priest-who-called-coronavirus-a-pseudo-pandemic-seizes-convent

Back when I was trying to get a visa to stay in the US, it became obvious that the easiest way was to pose as an official of a religious order. IIRC, all you had to do was prove that you'd been actively working to promote "a religion" for at least two years; the criteria was extremely lax in comparison to every other category, and I don't think they restricted it to known, established religions due to the First Amendment. You could basically start your own. No idea if the rules are still the same, but worth thinking about if you fancy emigrating and have a bit of time to wait.

I won't be doing it myself but, if I ever change my mind, it's good to know that all I'll need is the runic robe to have gathered my first disciple  :P

13 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Back when I was trying to get a visa to stay in the US, it became obvious that the easiest way was to pose as an official of a religious order. IIRC, all you had to do was prove that you'd been actively working to promote "a religion" for at least two years; the criteria was extremely lax in comparison to every other category, and I don't think they restricted it to known, established religions due to the First Amendment. You could basically start your own. No idea if the rules are still the same, but worth thinking about if you fancy emigrating and have a bit of time to wait.

I won't be doing it myself but, if I ever change my mind, it's good to know that all I'll need is the runic robe to have gathered my first disciple  :P

I suspect calling yourself Pastor Dave might work better than calling yourself Ayatollah Dave...

Spoiler

Or should that be Alloatollah Dave?

32 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Close but Irwin Allen probably had 500 times the budget as that was a triffid from the early 1980s BBC serialisation of "Day of the Triffids".

Cardboard, string and chicken wire, these were the special effects of the pre CGI generation.

Still had me pretty spooked as a child mind you.. 

Saw a tweet saying there have been more suicides in Scotland in the last 2 weeks than there have been Covid related deaths. My wife's pal was at her Uncle's funeral last week, he had decided that life was no longer worth living. He was 83.

Been a while since we saw any of our nursing heros on the thread, here are a couple of paramedics to keep us going in the meantime.IMG_20200619_050239.jpg

8 hours ago, mizfit said:

My girlfriends work are operating on a rotating 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off basis and once they’re finished the 4 weeks they’ll be furloughed again until their next cycle. However she reckons by the time it’s comes to her second cycle we should be at phase 3 and possible even phase 4 so her work might be back to normal.

You back in the office any time soon? A couple of members of my team have gone back this week, it sounds absolutely horrendous initially.

You back in the office any time soon? A couple of members of my team have gone back this week, it sounds absolutely horrendous initially.

Thankfully not, I don’t actually know of anyone going back in but from what I sounds like I’m glad I’m not going back.

For a start, I can’t find my pass. It got put away back in March and I haven’t seen it since.

I’m actually on annual leave now until the 7th July so I’m half expecting to find out about them when I’m likely to be back.