Coronavirus (COVID-19)

35 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Technically speaking this is the border between two neighbouring countries but I am unable to find out what the Covid 19 rules are for going back and forth across the border.  Any ideas?

DMZ.jpg

My sources in South Korean Intelligence tell me anyone crossing from South to North will be boiled alive in a vat of sunflower oil.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

This all day long!

This will be my third Christmas where I haven't set foot in a shop to do my shopping and it's tremendous. Why the f**k someone would choose to trail around the shops rather than online is beyond me.

i'm still reliving the childhood trauma of visiting a dozen fucking shops whilst ma parents decided on a new washing machine,   10 minutes online, pick the one, get it from the cheapest site, get it delivered. fuckin hell, why would anyone want to lose a whole day to that

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

My sources in South Korean Intelligence tell me anyone crossing from left to right will be boiled alive in a vat of sunflower oil.

Isn't that deep fried rather than boiled? I've heard the expression boiled in oil, but I think medieval torturers got it wrong. I'm not disputing their right to torture, just the terminology.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Isn't that feel fried rather than boiled? I've heard the expression boiled in oil, but I think medieval torturers got it wrong. I'm not disputing their right to torture, just the terminology.

You can fry at lower temperatures than that required to boil the oil.

A bit like simmering as opposed to boiling when it comes to water.

Latest modelling: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-modelling-epidemic-issue-no-30/

Has R value in Scotland now between 0.7 and 0.9, lowest it's been since the end of July. It has been modelled at 0.8 to 1.0 for a few weeks dating back to 18th November.

Edited by renton

This all day long!

This will be my third Christmas where I haven't set foot in a shop to do my shopping and it's tremendous. Why the f**k someone would choose to trail around the shops rather than online is beyond me.
The answer to that is the same answer which can be applied to most situations which have come up during this pandemic: the general public are fucking idiots.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:
This all day long!

The answer to that is the same answer which can be applied to most situations which have come up during this pandemic: the general public are fucking idiots.

Sadly this predates the pandemic and will still be the case when COVID is a distant memory.

56 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm not disputing their right to torture, just the terminology.

You would still want to ensure it was all being done in a safe and healthy environment that abides with the restrictions such as everybody wearing the correct PPE and a proper track and trace arrangement in place.

11 minutes ago, renton said:

Latest modelling: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-modelling-epidemic-issue-no-30/

Has R value in Scotland now between 0.7 and 0.9, lowest it's been since the end of July. It has been modelled at 0.8 to 1.0 for a few weeks dating back to 18th November.

But to satisfy the utter morons in society we are going to have a total unlocking for a few days. Nice.

Tbh I wouldn't be opposed to a lockdown January as it's a shit month anyway and then let's get cracking on in Feb with the tiers getting binned late spring.

But to satisfy the utter morons in society we are going to have a total unlocking for a few days. Nice.
Tbh I wouldn't be opposed to a lockdown January as it's a shit month anyway and then let's get cracking on in Feb with the tiers getting binned late spring.

I can certainly see a fair few places being placed into tier 3 in January.

29 minutes ago, 101 said:

Giving the green light to the three households being under the same roof together at any point in a 120 hour period is not 'total unlocking' by any credible definition of the term and it's typical December 2020 logic that people now think that it is. Literally every other significant event of the festive period - formal or informal - is not happening. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the overall impact of a five day household mixing waiver turns out to be relatively low but there's no reason for keeping the infection factories going either side of it. If there's going to be a surge then that will be the underlying cause.

They should be ramming the weans and teachers into enforced quarantine from Monday and again from January 3rd instead.

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, renton said:

Yeah, and it seems likely we will start to see case loads increasing again as a result.

Its mental. Its only going one way. 
politely asked someone to give a bit of distance because she was right behind me in a queue in a shop and it descended into her and another customer having a go at me for having the audacity to ask her to step back. This country is full of absolute cretins. Ive had enough of it. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its mental. Its only going one way. 
politely asked someone to give a bit of distance because she was right behind me in a queue in a shop and it descended into her and another customer having a go at me for having the audacity to ask her to step back. This country is full of absolute cretins. Ive had enough of it. 

My mum had this issue at the B&M in Leven (no surprise I hear you say). 

Had a woman shouting at her for having the audacity to ask for more space when she barged in front for something, and when my mum got the exit she met the same woman who had been waiting on her and gave her more verbal abuse before spitting on her shouting "I hope you get Covid now".   My mum then spoke to the store staff but they seemingly said they couldn't do much about it as they supposedly had no CCTV.

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My mum had this issue at the B&M in Leven (no surprise I hear you say). 

Had a woman shouting at her for having the audacity to ask for more space when she barged in front for something, and when my mum got the exit she met the same woman who had been waiting on her and gave her more verbal abuse before spitting on her shouting "I hope you get Covid now".   My mum then spoke to the store staff but they seemingly said they couldn't do much about it as they supposedly had no CCTV.

Yeh? Thats an outrage man. Most B&M do have cctv so they were lying. 
I was just in a supermarket there, had to get something and in the queue the daft auld bint was less than a foot away, so I turned round and just said ‘could you move back please im trying to social distance’. Queue dramatics shouting ‘is this far back enough for you, then stopping people going past telling them how evil i was for not wanting to get or pass on covid. Then some rocket comes up and gives it ‘you wouldnt say that to a man’? Wtf is wrong with this country. Just give folks a bit of space. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Technically speaking this is the border between two neighbouring countries but I am unable to find out what the Covid 19 rules are for going back and forth across the border.  Any ideas?

DMZ.jpg

Don't think you can cross the border especially as North Korea is Covid free.  😇

Madness that we have not put Kim Jong-Un in cherge. (Sorry Jocky)

"Kim Jong-un’s influential sister has launched a stinging verbal attack on South Korea’s foreign minister for questioning North Korean claims that the country does not have a single case of Covid-19."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/09/north-korea-says-south-may-pay-dearly-for-doubting-its-claim-to-be-covid-free