Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

My mum had this issue at the B&M in Leven (no surprise I hear you say). 

Had a woman shouting at her for having the audacity to ask for more space when she barged in front for something, and when my mum got the exit she met the same woman who had been waiting on her and gave her more verbal abuse before spitting on her shouting "I hope you get Covid now".   My mum then spoke to the store staff but they seemingly said they couldn't do much about it as they supposedly had no CCTV.

These shops don't really need CCTV as they have the added security of a cardboard cutout policeman standing at the door watching for trouble 

image.jpeg.9a35a2e96c2bc3e7bd55f9de82ea91dc.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

All spot on, and of course the bible basher was proudly proclaiming that masks were a pile of shite blah blah blah.

The only thing that has saved the SG from an absolute kick in has been the clowns in Westminster and a press that has had its tummy tickled now for over a decade.

And yes before im accused of being anti snp etc from the usual suspects I voted for independence and would do tomorrow, I was also a party member for ten years however it should not be forgotten the volume of f**k ups and lies told during the last nine months.    The grown up conversation that never happened, the using the science when it suits to justify ropey decisions, Calderwood,  ferrier, nursing homes, masks, schools, morons like Devi belittling mental health issues etc.

Yawn.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/11/scientists-warn-against-christmas-gatherings-uk-despite-relaxed-rules-covid

“If people [aren’t] cautious, then we will pay for our Christmas parties with January and February lockdowns,” said Prof Devi Sridhar, the chair of global public health at the University of Edinburgh. “With a vaccine just weeks away, why risk infecting vulnerable and elderly people we love?”

This would be the same Devi Sridhar who happy-clapped a completely useless extended lockdown in Scotland in June and wanted to everyone to stay in a cardboard box covered with straw all year long until 'zero Covid!!!!1111!!!!' could be achieved, now acting concerned about the risk of economic shutdowns in 2021.

IMG_1566034068.646287.jpg.e6be8951c88d9744a4841c805cf55019.jpg

A while ago I posted about the shitty carehome my stepson works at and how one member of staff had spread Covid to the patients and other staff. It was roundly pooh-poohed because "there's rules against that so it can't happen".

Well tonight he went in to start his nightshift and was told not to go into Mrs So and So's room because "she's been making a fuss all day, allegations and suchlike. "

Well he did go in, this old woman in her 70s was sitting crying, blood running down her arms from deep nail gouges, covered in bruises and sitting in her own mess. The nail gouges in her arms can't have been made by her. The blood looks worse than it is because she's on blood thinners so it won't coagulate but still...

He's called the police, social services and the Area Manager (?)

He's followed the procedure to the letter but he knows he's getting sacked because all the whistleblowers get sacked from there.

That's the quality of one council care home in South Lanarkshire and that's why Covid has ripped through such places. 

The only 2 supermarkets in Paisley in which I shop on a regular basis are Morrison's and Lidl.

Both funnel all checkout queues down the one aisle and when you reach the front a staff member directs you to a checkout.

In the queue I stand 2 metres from the person in front and have my trolley at my back which I drag forward as the queue advances.

No aggro, no spitting.

35 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

A while ago I posted about the shitty carehome my stepson works at and how one member of staff had spread Covid to the patients and other staff. It was roundly pooh-poohed because "there's rules against that so it can't happen".

Well tonight he went in to start his nightshift and was told not to go into Mrs So and So's room because "she's been making a fuss all day, allegations and suchlike. "

Well he did go in, this old woman in her 70s was sitting crying, blood running down her arms from deep nail gouges, covered in bruises and sitting in her own mess. The nail gouges in her arms can't have been made by her. The blood looks worse than it is because she's on blood thinners so it won't coagulate but still...

He's called the police, social services and the Area Manager (?)

He's followed the procedure to the letter but he knows he's getting sacked because all the whistleblowers get sacked from there.

That's the quality of one council care home in South Lanarkshire and that's why Covid has ripped through such places. 

Is that run by the Council or a private company paid by them? Before Covid there were lots of reports of care homes struggling for cash and standards falling, mainly in the private sector. All that talk has gone quiet since Covid.

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

You British b*****d !!!

I would agree with all of that but I still think, given everything thats gone on, the Calderwood wasn't all that bad. I like a woman with big hands tho.

The Welsh tho....!!

That woman said on TV that Charlie Windsor, his wife and presumably his entourage had 'clear medical reasons' why they all got tested when they touched down at Birkhill on the Balmoral estate. She didnae elaborate on the reasons yet the criteria at the time was you had to have severe  symptoms and be admitted to hospital. None of that happened with these sods and she should have been punted a lot earlier than she was.

10 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

These shops don't really need CCTV as they have the added security of a cardboard cutout policeman standing at the door watching for trouble 

image.jpeg.9a35a2e96c2bc3e7bd55f9de82ea91dc.jpeg

Its been statistically proven that the ones that stick on the window deter more shoplifters.

27 minutes ago, superbigal said:

My vaccine guy informs me that the glaxosmithkline effort is pish? No chance of being used in next 9 months. Away to start again.
So thats some British technology down the tubes.
Not heard Boris on about it yet.

Vallance in tears

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

My vaccine guy informs me that the glaxosmithkline effort is pish? No chance of being used in next 9 months. Away to start again.
So thats some British technology down the tubes.
Not heard Boris on about it yet.

All over the press today. Insufficient immune response in over 50s.

Exactly backs up the Government hedging its bets on the vaccines,  which is one of the few good calls that it has made. Any one of them could've flopped and it appears we have our first dud. 

Edited by Michael W

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

All over the press today. Insufficient immune response in over 50s.

Exactly backs up the Government hedging its bets on the vaccines,  which is one of the few good calls that it has made. Any one of them could've flopped and it appears we have our first dud. 

Except they didnt buy anywhere near enough of the present stock of Pfizer and Moderna meaning we kinda did hedge towards the oxford vaccine which still hasnt been approved. 

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Except they didnt buy anywhere near enough of the present stock of Pfizer and Moderna meaning we kinda did hedge towards the oxford vaccine which still hasnt been approved. 

Aye,  there’s virtually no chance of mass vaccination happening without Oxford