Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

"Lock up anyone old and/or fat and the children and we can be back to normal." Perfectly calm attitude from you, just as we've started getting a vaccine roll out.

Given that the government has celebrated vaccine rollout by placing the entire population of the Scottish mainland into an indefinite lockdown - as Clownshoes' slip of the tongue indicates on Day fucking One - it's quite clear where the flapping panic response is.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

That's exactly what Vicky's solution has been all the way through, with the odd spell of urging part time "blending" for the kiddies.

Fair enough. It's been a busy year so I think I missed the posts where he said that. Can you send me a link? Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Fair enough. It's been a busy year so I think I missed the posts where he said that. Can you send me a link? Cheers.

I'm sorry, it will take me a bit of time to get used to you communicating in word form instead of dots, I'll try to get back to you on that.

29 minutes ago, 101 said:
30 minutes ago, 101 said:

Worrying that it's such a limited list of countries. Scotland should be at 150,000 by the end of the 3 week lockdown, provided that the Oxford vaccine is approved.

28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Good few European countries starting tomorrow. Hungary started today I believe. 

Vaccination program in Germany started today. 

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Why was 1m vaccines lauded by the end of January but thrown out and quickly reneged on?

Because there is a particular fondness amongst some SG ministers for headline grabbing targets. Even when it should be obvious to them that they are ambitious to the point of being undeliverable.

That 1m by the end of January was absolute horseshit from Freeman and was never on. Hardly a surprise that the SG very quickly made sure no mention was ever made of it again. I'm surprised it was allowed to be said in the first place, as it was something right out the Boris Johnson book of overpromising. 

Sending Leitch out on Boxing Day to try and sneak out a write off of 2021 is ridiculous too - who on earth signs this stuff off? 

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

This is an interesting point for me. To take Leitch as an example - and as someone I generally think has came across well in his role as a communicator the last 9 months - he is at the end of the day just a civil servant, an advisor. While the decisions are informed by science etc they are still taken by politicians and political concerns are inherent to them - that's of course absolutely as it should be in a democracy. What happens if the SNP lose in May and another party with a slightly different Covid policy forms th government? Does he just turn on a dime and start saying different things on the telly? You've got to imagine things are at a point where he is so close to the government at this stage he can't survive any major change in political direction. I suppose it's all academic as the FM and the SNP aren't going anywhere, and you could say a crisis like this is always going to blur these lines, but it's an interesting one, to me at least. 

You think Leitch has came across well? Fcking hell the man is an absolute mark for himself. A self serving sanctimonious p***k who clearly sees himself as some sort of “celeb” in all of this. Him and Devi will probably be in some reality trash tv in a few months billed as the “Covid saviours” 🙄

You think Leitch has came across well? Fcking hell the man is an absolute mark for himself. A self serving sanctimonious p***k who clearly sees himself as some sort of “celeb” in all of this. Him and Devi will probably be in some reality trash tv in a few months billed as the “Covid saviours” [emoji849]
That's just your opinion. The guys might not agree....

38 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That 1m by the end of January was absolute horseshit from Freeman and was never on. Hardly a surprise that the SG very quickly made sure no mention was ever made of it again. I'm surprised it was allowed to be said in the first place, as it was something right out the Boris Johnson book of overpromising. 

Sending Leitch out on Boxing Day to try and sneak out a write off of 2021 is ridiculous too - who on earth signs this stuff off? 

Pfizer was promising 10 million doses to the UK by the end of December till recently, presumably she was going on that. If they had actually managed that it would be doable. 45 days for 100 centres to dole out 222 injections per day in Scotland. 

Edited by welshbairn