The SPFL recommendation?

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Seems as good a time as any to point out what a shite idea 14 team leagues are.

You can’t play 4 times because that’s 52 games which is way too many games.

You can’t play twice because it’s 26 games which is too few.

You can’t play 3 games because that’s imbalanced.

So you have to have a split of some sort. And splits are a bit shit.
But probably home and away, then split and home and away again is the best way to go and gives you 38 games plus play offs.

I’d rather just keep 12/10/10/10 thanks.

There were two 14 team leagues for a good few years. Teams just accepted that they played some teams once at home, others twice at home and vice versa for away games. 
I do agree though that’s it’s nowhere near ideal, in which case it should not be considered. 

33 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Of course it’s about whose in it with you!

Makes no odds what number you give the league.
Clyde and Peterhead (and maybe Forfar) deserve on merit to be in a league with clubs like Raith/Partick, Falkirk, Airdrie, East Fife etc and the hundreds of fans they bring.

They deserve to be? They are 7th, 8th and 9th in the worst league I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Can you explain how this is the case? My take on it is that any team who are currently in danger of being relegated wouldn’t be and anyone on the verge of being promoted would be 🤷🏼‍♂️

It isn't difficult as I have said before. W e would end up back in lowest league with Annan, QP, Elgin and all the rest. That is relegation pure and simple.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's basically what the top flight are doing. They've voted to get their cash now but as shown by the reason aberdeen changed to a yes they can do whatever they want regarding how they finish off their season no matter how the vote turns out.

You know and I know the top flight couldn,t give a monkeys toss about the lower leagues

Rangers vote no because they dont want to see their nearest rivals Celtic being given the title

Dundee vote no because they dont want to see their nearest rivals Dundee Utd being given the title

East Fife vote no because the dont want to see their nearest rivals Raith being given the titele

Falkirk vote no because they dont like us 😂

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

This worked OK for a number of years prior to whichever reorganisation took place.

I wouldn't say that the 3 match seasons worked OK, so much as it was a thing that happened and people put up with it.

3 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

It isn't difficult as I have said before. W e would end up back in lowest league with Annan, QP, Elgin and all the rest. That is relegation pure and simple.

As Homer said to Bart when he was held back a year, 'you'll be the biggest kid in your class'

14 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

They deserve to be? They are 7th, 8th and 9th in the worst league I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching.

OK as football is not the main criteria in your world, you go into the third league with Annan, Albion etc and we will stay up. Problem solved and you get he structure you wanted.

14 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Clyde have been shafted twice by league reorganisation already. Would be a total disgrace if it happened again. Trying to bend to the the likes of Hearts and screw the wee teams in the process. 

Yes, they deserve to be because they are not in the relegation spots.

Lots of Falkirk fans making tits of themselves recently.

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

But you would still be one league below the Championship with a much better chance of being promoted the following season compared to being in a league containing Airdrie, Falkirk and Thistle etc.

We will also have contracts in place based on the high probability of a certain level of crowds. Financial ruin would follow a 14,14,14 split. 

Good job we have a lawyer on the Board

0E183EA7-66C6-4D17-AD7B-5A71E3BE7880-35108-000014F08D0CA582.jpg

22 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
46 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:
Yes I’d be in favour of this proposal.
League reconstruction has been needed for a long time. 

Feel free to show your posts about league reconstruction from before your club were relegated.

Why?

11 minutes ago, DiamondJack85 said:

But you would still be one league below the Championship with a much better chance of being promoted the following season compared to being in a league containing Airdrie, Falkirk and Thistle etc.

Assuming Cove don't buy the league again and we can actually survive on lower crowds. As I have said elsewhere, anyone wanting to restructure in a way that demotes Clyde into a division with no away fans can take our place if it is no big deal.