The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's my work place union, they always give a detailed explanation for why they strongly advise that we should accept the wage proposal, that they have negotiated on our behalf. I see a lot of similarities. 
Same here, Unison, tell us they recommend which way to vote based on what is best for the workforce.

It's not coresion, bullying or anything else.

Doing the job I pay them to do.

2 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

It's my work place union, they always give a detailed explanation for why they strongly advise that we should accept the wage proposal, that they have negotiated on our behalf. I see a lot of similarities. 

Sorry buddy, I've got Uni on the mind just now.

The point is still the same. You don't need to be part of the union to be a worker.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Feck if only those Rangers boys had applied the same effort and skill to get their team winning on the park after the break then it would have been a different issue. Love the poster imagining of Peter L. 10 out of 10

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I am enjoying Ewan Murray’s hourly meltdowns though

Boy needs his hole 

All a bit hard with this self isolation and social distancing rules.

Have the good time girls developed any user PPE yet?

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Where are the rules set out? For me a body that is undertaking the vote should not be influencing it.

It’s not some sort of secret ballot style vote - it’s a company resolution that the board who are charged with running the company are recommending be adopted to its members.  If it was being considered in a meeting the Board would be actively trying to persuade members to vote for it.  They have decided what is right for the company and now want its members to endorse it.  Absolutely standard approach - it’s not a general election type vote

34 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

So according to the SPFL Dundee changed their mind & willingly promoted their city rivals at the expense of a playoff place without  a sweetener.

www.dreamonyacunt.com

bDqrhLV.gif.6a832ba3677e77acbc31330f3493b81b.gif

Hearts are going doon m8, cheery bye.

38 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It’s not some sort of secret ballot style vote - it’s a company resolution that the board who are charged with running the company are recommending be adopted to its members.  If it was being considered in a meeting the Board would be actively trying to persuade members to vote for it.  They have decided what is right for the company and now want its members to endorse it.  Absolutely standard approach - it’s not a general election type vote

I take your point but I still feel that it opens itself up to the sorts of claims Rangers have/will make.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I take your point but I still feel that it opens itself up to the sorts of claims Rangers have/will make.

I'd have thought that Budge talking in the press about how she'd been lobbying "a number of other clubs" kind of dilutes that claim tbh.

"But Budge told Sky Sports: “Based on the conversations I have had - and I’ve talked to a number of clubs in the Premiership and Championship although I haven’t talked to League One or Two clubs because I don’t have the ready contacts - but I don’t believe this will be supported."

Link

Is there that much difference between Budge and those she's hitched her wagon to phoning round other member clubs and the SPFL arguing the case for the resolution?

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'd have thought that Budge talking in the press about how she'd been lobbying "a number of other clubs" kind of dilutes that claim tbh.

Is there that much difference between Budge and those she's hitched her wagon to phoning round other member clubs and the SPFL arguing the case for the resolution?

giphy.gif

I don't think Budge should be used as the benchmark for anything tbh! ;)

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

So according to the SPFL Dundee changed their mind & willingly promoted their city rivals at the expense of a playoff place without  a sweetener.

www.dreamonyacunt.com

To be precise McLennan didn't say that. He said the SPFL didn't offer a sweetener to get the resolution over the line. Those words don't preclude knowledge of anyone else offering Dundee something, or indeed the SPFL having offered any other club something in return for their vote. A  complete denial would be that none of the board members have any knowledge of any offer to any member club in return for voting yes (apart from the prize monies).

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

To be precise McLennan didn't say that. He said the SPFL didn't offer a sweetener to get the resolution over the line. Those words don't preclude knowledge of anyone else offering Dundee something, or indeed the SPFL having offered any other club something in return for their vote. A  complete denial would be that none of the board members have any knowledge of any offer to any member club in return for voting yes (apart from the prize monies).

You're reaching.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Utter desperation.

27 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

This sums us all up as fans of Scottish football.  Contortionists all of us to make sure our club gets its share.

3 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

www.dreamonyacunt.com

When Nelms was holding on to his vote, he said if reconstruction could be discussed he'd vote yes. I don't think he actually realised it was already going to be considered. He thinks he got something, but didn't really.

11 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Without a shadow of doubt it’s happening but that’s a different thing & that doesn’t explain Dundee’s non self interest.

Wasn't there reports of a glamour friendly against a premiership team, I wonder which team that could be....