The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

In what way is this the "best solution"? It doesn't solve any of the actual issues clubs have with the outcome.

What are the actual issues then

The only issues as far as I can see are, Hearts relegation and Celtic’s 9 in a row

I have genuine sympathy with Hearts and on that matter but we are not going to please everyone 

We either do as the Dutch have done no relegation/promotion or promote Dundee Utd and relegate Hearts  tough choice but one that has  to be made 

As for 9 in a row there are only 2 teams that this is issue for, the other 10 couldn’t give a flying f**k because what ever happens they’ll be arguing about it between themselves for years

Why not call the league with Celtic as League winners but  not declare them as champions and put an * in the record books next to there name “League Season not completed”

We could then let both cheeks of the same arse argue amongst themselves and leave the rest of us out of ou 

19 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

It is legitimate for clubs and the executive to lobby support for there proposals when the documentation was sent out to the clubs

But once the resolution was put to the vote and the voting process began it is totally out of order for people from either side of the argument  to be contacting clubs 

Just like in an election General or Local when the voting process starts at 7am you can no longer campaign in fact news outlets and the print media cannot report campaign messages 

Its called democracy and the fact that Doncaster phoned Aberdeen wither their vote counted is totally out of order … what was the purpose of that phone call 

You seem confused. The SPFL is a private company run by its directors.  It is npt the state. Members ballots are not general elections. 

29 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

what was the purpose of that phone call 

To reply to Aberdeen who had been calling him as they wanted assurances on some other issues. Thats all been clarified to everyones satisfaction except thicko Rangers fans.

To be honest, it would be a lot more helpful if you had spent 30 seconds researching that before posting.......

The only issues as far as I can see are, Hearts relegation and Celtic’s 9 in a row
I have genuine sympathy with Hearts and on that matter but we are not going to please everyone 
We either do as the Dutch have done no relegation/promotion or promote Dundee Utd and relegate Hearts  tough choice but one that has  to be made 
As for 9 in a row there are only 2 teams that this is issue for, the other 10 couldn’t give a flying f**k because what ever happens they’ll be arguing about it between themselves for years
Why not call the league with Celtic as League winners but  not declare them as champions and put an * in the record books next to there name “League Season not completed”
We could then let both cheeks of the same arse argue amongst themselves and leave the rest of us out of ou 

The main somewhat justified grievances here belong to Partick Thistle and Falkirk. One club relegated by a fairly narrow margin, and one missing out on promotion by a similarly small margin.

To a lesser extent, Hearts and Stranraer were relegated by a medium sized margin but didn't have the chance to save themselves.

Celtic, Dundee United and Cove were all clearly going to win their leagues so the decision to award them titles should be uncontroversial in the circumstances.

The solution of promoting sides but not awarding them the title doesn't help placate anyone.

25 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

tbf to Celtic, I think they would much rather play the outstanding fixtures and win it properly than have asterisk debates until the end of time. The only problem with that is that St M and St J seem to be paranoid that all of their players will have scarpered to play for, for..... erm ... god knows.... and they would then have to field the tea lady and the cleaners. Who would probably good enough to take a point off us anyway.

Edited by Pet Jeden

Genuinely what is your club expecting to gain from all of this. I can't see why they have such a hump about the outcome of the vote.
 We are currently living in exceptional times, this season will not be played out before the next season would have started and the new TV contact kicks in. Is this all about getting a null and void season and getting it right up them? You had a club employee on the SPFL board, what was he doing during all of this and has your own hoard asked him if he was actually listening or taking notes?
A sense of injustice.

The biggest beneficiary of the league being called is Rangers. They were going to end up nowhere near Celtic in the league. Now they can claim they were definitely going to gain 14 more points than Celtic in 8 games.

11 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Ahhh so you admit that bullying coercion could have taken place 

Yes /No

You got me there you clever b*****d. 

It could have. 

Should there be an independent investigation every time "bullying coercion" could have taken place? 

Yes/ No/ all of the above. 

30 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Ahhh so you admit that bullying coercion could have taken place 

Yes /No

We already know that it didn't take place because Dundee's entire M.O. here was to 'hold the casting ballot' and get a written guarantee of reconstruction from the SPFL. That's not the act of a club being 'bullied' by the authorities but rather one that foolishly thought that it could gain a concrete advantage from withholding its vote. Except that it didn't because, being Dundee, they proved to be the world's shitest poker player and folded their hand in exchange for a 'task force' that will achieve next to nothing.

I really don't see why we need endless inquiries to go over these already well understood facts, based on the moronic idea that the SPFL is bound by the same rules as a secret ballot in a democratic state.

4 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Yes, that was kind of the point.

10 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I agree that they shouldn't have published the vote but Dundee (as could Rangers, Hearts and any other club who voted No) could still have changed their vote.

You’re correct up to a point. Any “no” vote could have been changed up to the point where the result of the vote is called. So, if the SPFL has said nothing about how the vote had gone up to 5pm, as they should have, no club would have known how the vote had gone up to that point. Dundee wouldn’t have known that their vote was vital, and when the SPFL did eventually open Dundee’s email they would have called the vote as having failed, and nobody at that point could have changed their vote.

You’re correct up to a point. Any “no” vote could have been changed up to the point where the result of the vote is called. So, if the SPFL has said nothing about how the vote had gone up to 5pm, as they should have, no club would have known how the vote had gone up to that point. Dundee wouldn’t have known that their vote was vital, and when the SPFL did eventually open Dundee’s email they would have called the vote as having failed, and nobody at that point could have changed their vote.

I am being something of a pedant here (must be years of being on various Standing Orders committees).

The proposal would not have passed at that point.

That's not the same as a vote failing.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I am being something of a pedant here (must be years of bring on various Standing Orders committees).

The proposal would not have passed at that point.

That's not the same as a vote failing.

Correct.

Far too many people (pathetically, also on Sportsound who "should" understand it better) dont understand that this isnt the Brexit referendum where Yes and No votes have the same weight.

It was members of a club voting FOR a resolution.

It is - to a point - irrelevant if some (a) dont vote (b) lose their vote (c) vote No

All that is relevant is that, within a specified time period (28 days) that the pre-agreed number of approvals arrive for the resolution to be passed.

And that (for the love of god, I still cant see how Sportsound cant grasp this) anyone who doesnt vote at all or whos vote was initially no, is allowed to change their mind and vote FOR the resolution any time within that timescale, but once the vote FOR it is cast, it is in stone............and those are the rules that all the clubs have previously signed up for.

14 minutes ago, Snafu said:

They need 29 other clubs to get backing for the probe https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18405354.rangers-requisition-needs-another-29-clubs-back-get-probe---spfl-deem-competent/

I see it all as a long game, every attempt that presents itself to undermine the SPFL. This is all about power, if Rangers have more power within the governing bodies, with the other clubs with less as in the good old days, they are not at a disadvantage, disadvantage here being treated the same as any other club. The more power, the more pressure and lobby power to for example league recontruction, gain from tv deals etc. Stacking the deck in their favour. The playground bully is still the playground bully, they are just kept in check for the moment.

Hmmmm, you've basically described celtic but tried to tar us with their brush. 

Nicely done and very slick tho....

On 25/04/2020 at 09:51, Bohemian said:

Exactly, Ive been saying it for ages. Copy and pastes all over the place because If you actually question him on something he has posted he will disappear.  

How would a General Meeting of 42 clubs plus say maybe 10 other people work on Zoom.  Would be chaotic as far as my knowledge of Zoom goes.  Clubs are surely going to need to see something concrete from Rangers beforehand 

23 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

How would a General Meeting of 42 clubs plus say maybe 10 other people work on Zoom.  Would be chaotic as far as my knowledge of Zoom goes.  Clubs are surely going to need to see something concrete from Rangers beforehand 

My record is a meeting of 36 in zoom and it was far from chaotic.  Well chaired meetings can be performed just as easily on zoom as in a room.

I agree regarding the evidence production from Rangers.  The "withholding" is the actual play here, not the inquiry.