What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

On 29/04/2023 at 23:24, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Probably an unpopular one but Friday night games. Good on the tele, shite to actually attend. 

I'd go along with that tbh.

When your team plays on the Friday night, it makes Saturday feel like another Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a growing trend over the last few seasons of relegated clubs seeking sympathy because “people will lose jobs”.

While I have every sympathy for any individuals who caught up in this, it feels almost absurd when it’s said about clubs that are raking in hundreds of millions through TV revenue and parachute payments.

If a Premier League club like Southampton are being run so incompetently that a relegation means that they need to sack the kitman, you can’t help but think the club need some lessons in managing their finances.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the under 17's Euros the things I hate regarding football is many and doesn't seem to be going away. 

Bunch of diving, soft prima Donna's who spend more time rolling about for nothing than actually playing.

If the guys I played with at 17 caught me rolling about after getting hit in the face from a ball, I'd never play for them again! 

12 hours ago, highlandmac said:

Some of the shenanigans in last night's Europa League final didn't do much good to footballs image

I began the game without favouring one team over  the other,I ended heartily detesting mourinho&roma

Get away, we need a baddie. Apparently, he waited on the ref in the underground car park at the stadium and howled abuse at him. The man is a legend.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

On 01/06/2023 at 19:07, Sergeant Wilson said:

Get away, we need a baddie. Apparently, he waited on the ref in the underground car park at the stadium and howled abuse at him. The man is a legend.

hes the football equivalent of Trump

thats not intended to be a compliment

22 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

I actually got bored counting how many tweets long this thread is. I cannot understand how this type of analysis is fun for anyone. Sucking all the joy out of football. https://twitter.com/Jon_Mackenzie/status/1664659540007174148 https://twitter.com/Jon_Mackenzie/status/1664659540007174148

It's in the nature of some people to reduce everything to joylessness

Th

7 hours ago, highlandmac said:

It's in the nature of some people to reduce everything to joylessness

The “Messi V Ronaldo” debate is a perfect example of this. 

What should be an interesting comparison of 2 wonderful players is often reduced to people online ( who clearly have never been to a football match in their lives) quoting statistics at each other. 

Misses the point completely. 

3 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

Th

What should be an interesting comparison of 2 wonderful players is often reduced to people online ( who clearly have never been to a football match in their lives) quoting statistics at each other. 

All part of the Americanisation of sport, isn't it,this obsession nowadays with meaningless stats around games.gives so called "experts" something to say I suppose

Computer games have given millions of amateurs access to facilities to set up teams and formations etc that didn't exist before. 

I couldn't have told you a 443 from a 442 during the 70s and 80s and it didn't  matter because no-one else could either.

Now I have to listen to people who will tell me "Pep got it wrong, if he'd gone with a false 9...blah blah blah."

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Computer games have given millions of amateurs access to facilities to set up teams and formations etc that didn't exist before. 

I couldn't have told you a 443 from a 442 during the 70s and 80s and it didn't  matter because no-one else could either.

Now I have to listen to people who will tell me "Pep got it wrong, if he'd gone with a false 9...blah blah blah."

I could‘ve! 443 means you‘ve got 12 players on the park..

11 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

Th

Indeed. As Bill Shankly said  "Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better.”

On 04/06/2023 at 13:09, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^ Todd Boehly

• 3 weeks later...

I was just listening to a couple of Arsenal fans on SSN there ruminating about Declan Rice, which has prompted this post.

I have not got much time for random supporters, usually podcasters, going on mainstream media channels as a 'voice of the fans' during or after big developments. It is usually when there is a notable signing, a manager is sacked, or a manager has just been appointed. Sure, I don't have to listen and all that, but almost without exception they offer no meaningful insight whatsoever and it is essentially several minutes of pointless filler.