What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who use a completely nonsense threshold to justify unimaginative managerial choices.

"He has links with the club."

"He knows our league."

"He knows Scottish football inside and out!"

It's almost always used by bland supporters and those already in the Scottish football clique to defend one of their own getting another job at some jobber club.  It also explains why they go berserk when a club has the audacity to go for a more out-of-the-box candidate instead of one of their them.

Also when they talk about managers being successful or not because they were successful players.

Lampard and Gerrard (just as an example) were  going to be brilliant because they won things and had a “Winners mentality” as though playing and managing weren’t two different jobs that require completely different skills and experience.

27 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Hate it when players don't celebrate against their former team when scoring.

Aye, wouldn’t want a former player to do it against us,  I don’t mind mutual respect at clapping ex players /former club fans at end of games when being subbed off, but if your not absolutely delighted to get a goal there’s something wrong.  Worse if you are delighted but patronising deny it

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Even worse when they actively try to stop their team mates celebrating the goal as well.

The lad in your team that was signed from Ajax doesn't give a f**k that you played for Crewe on loan for half a season, he wants to get it right up the opposition fans

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Aye, wouldn’t want a former player to do it against us,  I don’t mind mutual respect at clapping ex players /former club fans at end of games when being subbed off, but if your not absolutely delighted to get a goal there’s something wrong.  Worse if you are delighted but patronising deny it

Paradoxically that means you could get wound up by former players not winding you up

It's that time of year again.

As titles are sealed, promotions confirmed, and cups won, we will once more be treated to the pointless and irritating spectacle of players' children running around the pitch during celebrations and end-of-season laps of honour. Sometimes even players' partners too!

Just f**k off.

On 24/04/2023 at 21:14, THEHonestman1910 said:

I can only understand it if it's really that player's local team. If you support a club from a young age, are from that area, gone through their academy and played in the first team before eventually moving on, yes, you will still have a feeling for that club. If you then don't celebrate when scoring against them fair enough, but now they don't even celebrate when scoring against clubs they've been at on loan for a few months...

Edited by Marten

Not celebrating on its own doesn’t bother me a huge deal, but it annoys me when the player does the hands up, “look at me I’m not celebrating” thing to draw attention to the fact they aren’t celebrating.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

I can only understand it if it's really that player's local team. If you support a club from a young age, are from that area, gone through their academy and played in the first team before eventually moving on, yes, you will still have a feeling for that club. If you then don't celebrate when scoring against them fair enough, but now they don't even celebrate when scoring against clubs they've been at on loan for a few months...

While I agree with this, the is also the part of me as a Dundee United fan that would massively enjoy giving a huge GIRFUY to the moany old b*****ds in the ETL...

I gave Var every chance when it first came out but it's ruining the game for me now, ie the Inverness penalty today plus the Crystal Palace penalty today. 1, Where the feck are you meant to put you arm's when someone is pining a ball at you? 2, The Palace player dived all day long but that's modern day fitba for you, but it's crazy var can't see that. Thank god I don't attend football anymore.

On 28/04/2023 at 14:16, VincentGuerin said:

It's that time of year again.

As titles are sealed, promotions confirmed, and cups won, we will once more be treated to the pointless and irritating spectacle of players' children running around the pitch during celebrations and end-of-season laps of honour. Sometimes even players' partners too!

Just f**k off.

One kid on the park for the trophy lift at East End Park yesterday.

I'd deduct 50 points.

On 29/04/2023 at 23:28, guinness said:

I gave Var every chance when it first came out but it's ruining the game for me now, ie the Inverness penalty today plus the Crystal Palace penalty today. 1, Where the feck are you meant to put you arm's when someone is pining a ball at you? 2, The Palace player dived all day long but that's modern day fitba for you, but it's crazy var can't see that. Thank god I don't attend football anymore.

Go to football that doesn't feature VAR

You're quite right about how shite it is,it's just added another level of officials desperately looking for any reason to give the big team the decisions 

Latest one is players blocking quick free kicks, should be a yellow every time. 

I get the counter argument that the attacking team would just blast free kicks off defending players but it's pretty clear to see when a player is hanging a leg out or moving their body to stop it rather than retreat ten yards. 

39 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Latest one is players blocking quick free kicks, should be a yellow every time. 

I get the counter argument that the attacking team would just blast free kicks off defending players but it's pretty clear to see when a player is hanging a leg out or moving their body to stop it rather than retreat ten yards. 

You used to see players do that. I remember as a kid seeing it happen at Hearts more than once that a player would just hit the ball against an opponent blocking the free-kick and get him booked. Not seen it for years though.

If I was a coach, I'd be telling all my players to do it. It at least makes the ref have to acknowledge what's going on and eventually book someone, rather than just ignore it for 90 minutes.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

You used to see players do that. I remember as a kid seeing it happen at Hearts more than once that a player would just hit the ball against an opponent blocking the free-kick and get him booked. Not seen it for years though.

If I was a coach, I'd be telling all my players to do it. It at least makes the ref have to acknowledge what's going on and eventually book someone, rather than just ignore it for 90 minutes.

Would need to check the current advice but for a good while it was if it was seen the taker deliberately hit the ball at an opponent whatever the distance then play on was the decision to be made.   It was only considered a yellow if the player made a motion to play the ball.

On 01/05/2023 at 19:44, parsforlife said:

Would need to check the current advice but for a good while it was if it was seen the taker deliberately hit the ball at an opponent whatever the distance then play on was the decision to be made.   It was only considered a yellow if the player made a motion to play the ball.

There's a balance to be struck. Like most things, it'll come down to the ref's judgement.

A player moving away slowly, probably just let it go. But these things when the player stands over the ball obviously stopping the free-kick and making no effort to get the distance away he knows he has to be, that should always be a booking.

Another one of these things refs could solve in a weekend by just using their cards.