What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

10 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

When a player or coach says something fairly bland but people on social media jump on it as showing that their "mentality is elite".

This could really be summed up by any social media reaction to football. See also "levels" and any mention of "GOAT". Dreadful.

"GOAT" is just the internet version of "Best player I've ever seen", although it's just been dragged into the Messi v Ronaldo nonsense that is constantly continued by 13 year olds and some football pages on social media who just milk it for likes and whatnot.

Why do that, Instead of just recognising they are two fantastic footballers who have very much earned their place among the best of the best, along with the likes of Pele, Maradona, John McGinn and Cruyff. I'll never really understand why it's a thing...

8 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Scotch fans going on about "The Cinch 🤣🤣😂😂" when something really wacky happens, like the referee blowing the half-time whistle one second early or a game kicking off at 3:01pm rather than 3:00pm. 

The whole "Scottish football is so bonkers!!!!" Narrative in general tbh. 

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think it’s necessary. Our game at the club level is not of the quality to compete with other European nations including our much bigger southern nation. We are competing with the Swiss and the Turks and the Austrians and the Serbs rather than the English and the Germans and the Spaniards and the Italians.

What does attract people to watch Scottish football is the unpredictability and general hilarity of it rather than the standards. 

15 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Scotch fans going on about "The Cinch 🤣🤣😂😂" when something really wacky happens, like the referee blowing the half-time whistle one second early or a game kicking off at 3:01pm rather than 3:00pm. 

"Scotch"?

Surely the GN thread,"calling cards of morons", for this pish

On 04/08/2023 at 01:16, ClydeTon said:

"GOAT" is just the internet version of "Best player I've ever seen", although it's just been dragged into the Messi v Ronaldo nonsense that is constantly continued by 13 year olds and some football pages on social media who just milk it for likes and whatnot.

Why do that, Instead of just recognising they are two fantastic footballers who have very much earned their place among the best of the best, along with the likes of Pele, Maradona, John McGinn and Cruyff. I'll never really understand why it's a thing...

I wish it was but it isn't. It's presented as an objective measure which is obviously silly (as well as boring).

But aye, the technological savvy that the youngsters have gives them a disproportionately large voice online so can then shape the culture around football more than we'd like.

I sound fuckin ancient.

18 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Good irony in an Aberdeen fan posting this before being #cinched by Livingston in their first game of the season.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Good irony in a fan of a team that's been in the Seaside League so long they've never actually be in or near the #cinch so long as it's been named that.

10 hours ago, Donathan said:

I think it’s necessary. Our game at the club level is not of the quality to compete with other European nations including our much bigger southern nation. We are competing with the Swiss and the Turks and the Austrians and the Serbs rather than the English and the Germans and the Spaniards and the Italians.

What does attract people to watch Scottish football is the unpredictability and general hilarity of it rather than the standards. 

What a load of birthday caird pish.

6 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Wrexham FC and all the shite that goes with them. First time I've ever celebrated MK Dons winning

Reminds me of all the shite you get (tennis!) Wimbledon - more concerned with the famous faces watching than the actual sporting contents. Reads more like Hello magazine than BBC Sport ffs.

On 05/08/2023 at 09:10, Donathan said:

Indeed. In the same way that Wimbledon is the tennis tournament for people who don't like tennis, Scottish football excites those who don't really like football.

On 05/08/2023 at 18:18, Miguel Sanchez said:

Good irony in an Aberdeen fan posting this before being #cinched by Livingston in their first game of the season.

Good irony in a fan of a team that's been in the Seaside League so long they've never actually be in or near the #cinch so long as it's been named that.

doesn't the #cinch extend to the entire SPFL?

Or at least the championship, as it's a more respectable league than the seasides?

Just now, Caledonian1 said:

Don't you mean players wearing numbers above 11 (starting players)

Squad numbers are fine. As nice as it would be for everyone to just be given shirts by position, I'm not that old. 

No football team anywhere should have enough players to need more than 40 squad numbers over the course of a season. Any player who asks for a stupid number should be docked wages until they stop complaining about it.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Players wearing numbers above #39.

Spain has the right idea:

▪️Your 25 man squad has numbers 1-25

▪️Your keepers wear 1, 13 and 25

▪️If you use a reserve player you give them numbers 26-50

▪️Lump it

None of this edgy continental pish which has crept into our leagues from the Premiership to the WoSFL

On 05/08/2023 at 23:18, southernrover said:

Reminds me of all the shite you get (tennis!) Wimbledon - more concerned with the famous faces watching than the actual sporting contents. Reads more like Hello magazine than BBC Sport ffs.

When they cut to a close-up of Beckham's grinning uncomprehending boat-race during a match, that's one of my top screaming-angrily-at-the-telly moments.