What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I have not got much time for random supporters, usually podcasters, going on mainstream media channels as a 'voice of the fans' during or after big developments.

They are only good for memes.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Minutes applauses for dead fans. There was about 8 at Tannadice last year.

Livingston have a minute’s applause for living fans. There was about 6 at Almondvale last year.

Boom! Boom! Mr Roy.

E8B7FC29-1F07-4EB2-B966-C190B651134A.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been mentioned in some form already, but random football fans calling players just by their first names is just dreadful. It is most commonly found at matches, when fans are vocally encouraging, criticising or praising. I have seen and heard it creeping into social media posts and general conversation, though, which is especially cringeworthy.

I have even caught myself occasionally doing it for Jonny Hayes, and just him for some reason. I cringe internally and remind myself that I don't actually know the bloke personally, he has just played for my favourite football team for a long time and I have developed some affection for him. 

The way football fans typically look down on defending. A team who is successful based on being incredibly difficult to beat and deploy tactics to that effect is far more impressive than spunking money on a ridiculous attack and outscoring the opposition. It involves needing to communicate effective, understand your individual roles and understanding your team mates strengths and weaknesses. 

I have a huge amount of time for teams who defend their way to success. Even more so if it makes the EPL fanboys cry.

On 28/06/2023 at 20:50, DrewDon said:

I was just listening to a couple of Arsenal fans on SSN there ruminating about Declan Rice, which has prompted this post.

I have not got much time for random supporters, usually podcasters, going on mainstream media channels as a 'voice of the fans' during or after big developments. It is usually when there is a notable signing, a manager is sacked, or a manager has just been appointed. Sure, I don't have to listen and all that, but almost without exception they offer no meaningful insight whatsoever and it is essentially several minutes of pointless filler. 

You can apply this to pretty much every part of the news. How does this affect you? Do let us know your thoughts. Blame the internet for letting random punters think what they have to say on every matter is the most important part of the world. Sports coverage being generally terrible and populated entirely by idiots doesn't help this.

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been mentioned in some form already, but random football fans calling players just by their first names is just dreadful. It is most commonly found at matches, when fans are vocally encouraging, criticising or praising. I have seen and heard it creeping into social media posts and general conversation, though, which is especially cringeworthy.

I have even caught myself occasionally doing it for Jonny Hayes, and just him for some reason. I cringe internally and remind myself that I don't actually know the bloke personally, he has just played for my favourite football team for a long time and I have developed some affection for him. 

Using players nicknames is worse.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Probably been mentioned before but young guys on the books of Manchester United/Chelsea etc knocking about in top of the line Merc/BMW/Audi’s when they’ve never even been on the bench let alone played for the first team. 

They can afford to buy one so why not ?

On 06/07/2023 at 12:19, DrewDon said:

Come on Johnny!

Sarah Silverman Eww GIF by HULU

On 06/07/2023 at 16:36, Sergeant Wilson said:

I’d go further and say worse than both are folk who continually tag players on social media- there’s one Morton fan in particular I can think of, a guy in his forties, who’s regularly doing this. Brian Schwake was his most common victim last season.

I can imagine players are happy to sign autographs and pose for selfies in and around the ground on match days, and will probably put up with teenagers doing this because of their youth, but grown men, ffs…

Leave them alone, they’re individuals that are quite entitled to a private life without being constantly harassed by overgrown groupies.

Edited by Toby

2 hours ago, Toby said:

I’d go further and say worse than both are folk who continually tag players on social media- there’s one Morton fan in particular I can think of, a guy in his forties, who’s regularly doing this. Brian Schwake was his most common victim last season.

I can imagine players are happy to sign autographs and pose for selfies in and around the ground on match days, and will probably put up with teenagers doing this because of their youth, but grown men, ffs…

Leave them alone, they’re individuals that are quite entitled to a private life without being constantly harassed by overgrown groupies.

Big Schwakey/Schwakes/Schwako won't mind. (I'd change my name).

On 06/07/2023 at 16:36, Sergeant Wilson said:

I often find myself muttering players' nicknames under my breath while watching on RedTV.

For example, "Come on, Hayezo lad."

Fans updating Wikipedia pages for Twitter likes as soon as a half-baked rumour appears. It is even worse when they try and embellish it, like '... who plays for the shagging [Club Name Here]' or something. You will then get folk sharing it on social media with multiple '😂' emojis and some idiot in the replies earnestly asking if this means that it is a confirmed signing. 

Edited by DrewDon

“Journalist” says X is playing for Y because he believes in the “project”. No he isn’t, he’s doing it cause they’re better than his current team, he can’t get a game for his current team or for money. Fully believe that it’s just the Twitter journalists who make this shite up to sound more credible.