What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

12 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

Spain has the right idea:

▪️Your 25 man squad has numbers 1-25

▪️Your keepers wear 1, 13 and 25

▪️If you use a reserve player you give them numbers 26-50

▪️Lump it

None of this edgy continental pish which has crept into our leagues from the Premiership to the WoSFL

Players not using number 13 has always ground my gears. Superstitious pish

15 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

Spain has the right idea:

▪️Your 25 man squad has numbers 1-25

▪️Your keepers wear 1, 13 and 25

▪️If you use a reserve player you give them numbers 26-50

▪️Lump it

None of this edgy continental pish which has crept into our leagues from the Premiership to the WoSFL

Quite right. My own approach to Football Manager was to give first team players 1-30 (with appropriate numbers for each position, obviously) with 1 and 25 for the goalkeepers. 31 and 32 were reserved for any extra goalkeepers added during the season, and any numbers from 30/33 upwards were awarded to new players in chronological order from their first start. The only real acceptable way of doing it.

This season is all set up for me to be routinely seething at the introduction of this stoppage time bullshit. Hated it in the World Cup. 

Once again.....

ITS ALREADY ENTIRELY WITHIN THE REFEREES POWERS TO DEAL WITH TIMEWASTING!!!!!!

YOU ABSOLUTE WANKS

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This season is all set up for me to be routinely seething at the introduction of this stoppage time bullshit. Hated it in the World Cup. 

Once again.....

ITS ALREADY ENTIRELY WITHIN THE REFEREES POWERS TO DEAL WITH TIMEWASTING!!!!!!

YOU ABSOLUTE WANKS

At least on TV there will be announcements on how much time is being added. In the Scottish lower leagues there will be no indication given at all.

44 minutes ago, David W said:

At least on TV there will be announcements on how much time is being added. In the Scottish lower leagues there will be no indication given at all.

It seems to be an English thing atm to introduce this although I may have missed guidance for Scottish football

52 minutes ago, David W said:

The fact there's no indication of stoppage time in the Scottish lower leagues is just utter pish. Clubs already have electronic boards - why not just agree that a member of staff for the home team displays the stoppage time after the ref's notified them?

Teams not shooting towards the away fans in the 2nd half. Just feels wrong, last minute winner and jumping into the big travelling support and getting a booking is one of the best things about football. Shouldn’t be a booking for celebration either while we’re at it. 

Sure I’ve said this before but fans constantly finding a way to blame the defenders/keeper when they concede no matter how good the goal is. Sometimes a goal is just great, you’re allowed to praise the other team once in a while. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/08/2023 at 19:45, Miguel Sanchez said:

Players wearing numbers above #39.

Ivan Zamorano wore "8+1" when he was at Inter, I'm sure, as he couldn't have the number 9 (big Ronaldo having bagsied that number already). 

Delightfully petty.

On 14/08/2023 at 19:38, The Golden God said:

Teams not shooting towards the away fans in the 2nd half. Just feels wrong, last minute winner and jumping into the big travelling support and getting a booking is one of the best things about football. Shouldn’t be a booking for celebration either while we’re at it. 

Sure I’ve said this before but fans constantly finding a way to blame the defenders/keeper when they concede no matter how good the goal is. Sometimes a goal is just great, you’re allowed to praise the other team once in a while. 

To add to this, when they are shooting towards the away fans, in any half really, who are sectioned in one corner (Anfield and Emirates are examples) but the players run to celebrate in the opposite corner.

On 01/09/2023 at 18:06, The Golden God said:

“FrazFletcher” a “journalist” who just posts complete shite about transfers all day on Twitter 

I know that guy from school. Genuinely one of the most deceitful, self-obsessed arseholes I've ever met. The lies I've heard him tell are something to behold.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

I was watching a recording of the old firm game last night, where Joe Hart came out and comfortably gathered the ball inside his box. Ok, so the Gers player was was close to getting the ball away from Hart, but the keeper had it under control. 
The thing is the commentator said the ridiculous phrase that I hear many so called pundits say “Hart just about got away with that” when he very clearly did get away with it. Why the f**k do all these pundits make this totally daft statement, when it’s very clearly wrong. 
to just about get away with it suggests to me that a player came close but failed to be successful, but these complete boolsacks say it when the player clearly didn’t fail. 
WTAF 

• 3 weeks later...

“He’s given the referee a decision to make” as criticism when a defender does just about anything. That’s the refs fucking job. It’s almost always used when the ref gives a very soft penalty or card, as if a defender should do absolutely nothing in case the referee thinks he’s shot the striker in the face and sends him off.