What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

Apologies if already mentioned but, why does every tournament always need to have a "Group of Death"?

Apparently Australia are in the Group of Death for the forthcoming Women's World Cup ignoring the fact that Nigeria and Ireland are pish and only Canada will provide them with a challenge. 

Edited by Swarley

8 hours ago, Swarley said:

Apologies if already mentioned but, why does every tournament always need to have a "Group of Death"?

Apparently Australia are in the Group of Death for the forthcoming Women's World Cup ignoring the fact that Nigeria and Ireland are pish and only Canada will provide them with a challenge. 

Most tournaments do usually have one tbf but,yes,this just seems to be the media saying it to try to make it so 

People - particularly in England - that say a club is "too small" for the Premier League, almost always judging them on stadium size.

Luton and Bournemouth get it the most, but it's like, what do you want them to do? Build a 30,000 seater like Coventry's and hope that another 18,000 supporters magically appear?

A Club's ground should be as big as the club needs, not what the league wants.

Case Study: Livingston, Hamilton, Inverness CT, Falk*rk, Coventry, MK Dons.

In fact, no: Anyone who judges a club by their stadium capacity, just in general. F**k them.

On 19/07/2023 at 18:15, ClydeTon said:

People - particularly in England - that say a club is "too small" for the Premier League, almost always judging them on stadium size.

Luton and Bournemouth get it the most, but it's like, what do you want them to do? Build a 30,000 seater like Coventry's and hope that another 18,000 supporters magically appear?

A Club's ground should be as big as the club needs, not what the league wants.

Case Study: Livingston, Hamilton, Inverness CT, Falk*rk, Coventry, MK Dons.

In fact, no: Anyone who judges a club by their stadium capacity, just in general. F**k them.

If you want white elephant stadiums Darlington Arena is the most extreme example in England I can think of.

Edited by GNU_Linux

On 08/07/2023 at 21:04, DrewDon said:

Fans updating Wikipedia pages for Twitter likes as soon as a half-baked rumour appears. It is even worse when they try and embellish it, like '... who plays for the shagging [Club Name Here]' or something. You will then get folk sharing it on social media with multiple '😂' emojis and some idiot in the replies earnestly asking if this means that it is a confirmed signing. 

Lifted from the replies on our official Twitter. A slight variation to the theme in that the signing is now actually confirmed, but just absolutely brutal stuff. 

image.png.eebe01303eac6853b37ff9ec989b6131.png

Mbappe officially for sale likely means we'll get a raft of hilarious tweets from clubs, and fans of clubs, who can barely pay 6 figure yearly salaries, claiming they've signed him.

I'm getting old.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mbappe officially for sale likely means we'll get a raft of hilarious tweets from clubs, and fans of clubs, who can barely pay 6 figure yearly salaries, claiming they've signed him.

I'm getting old.

On the plus side, we might get another absolute cringefest showing from that belter who runs Darvel

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm getting old.

With photoshopped images of him each club's kit.

Such patter.

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Technically this is something I like about football, although it stems from something I hate.

Copenhagen have banned signs asking for players' shirts from their ground, and from their section at away games

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66330290

Brilliant, hope other clubs go the same way. Next, half and half scarves and Mexican waves.

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Technically this is something I like about football, although it stems from something I hate.

Copenhagen have banned signs asking for players' shirts from their ground, and from their section at away games

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66330290

On the other hand, could they not just insist their employee players ignore these signs?

On 29/07/2023 at 10:46, Sarto Mutiny said:

Signing reveal videos from clubs that take ages to reveal who the club has actually signed.

anyone watching shite like these deserves all the inconvenience going tbh

same goes for new shirt reveal videos

Another online one, but "HMS Piss the League". Seems to be mostly an English thing, but I have spotted it in a few Scottish clubs' replies to new signing announcement or pre-season goals/results. Absolutely brutal stuff. 

10 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

When a player or coach says something fairly bland but people on social media jump on it as showing that their "mentality is elite".

"their mentality is elite"?

f**k yeah,put me down as hating that phrase,please