What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

11 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

"Doncaster haven't won at Barrow since January 1972" sounds like a major hoodoo until you do two minutes of research and discover that Doncaster have played at Barrow twice since then. Technically correct but arsehole behaviour trying to get stats from it.

Indeed. Before yesterday, we had not beaten Queen's Park in the league since 1960.  Hadn't played them since then, but never mind.

11 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

"Doncaster haven't won at Barrow since January 1972" sounds like a major hoodoo until you do two minutes of research and discover that Doncaster have played at Barrow twice since then. Technically correct but arsehole behaviour trying to get stats from it.

See 'Raith' and 'The Caley'.

A first league win for 23 years. Aye, but Raith were in the league or two leagues below us for about 15 of those years. 

On 30/09/2023 at 23:05, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

"This is the first time in over a decade that the two Manchester teams have lost games which kicked off at 3pm"

Get tae. 

I can’t stand the over-celebrating fad. Not specific to football, so more a cultural observation, but you see it in football related videos all the time.

Where someone does something like throw an empty can in the bin and everyone goes mental and jumps all over them.

Its fake as f**k and obviously done to show how great and happy a bunch of lads you are to the watching world on social media.

On 01/10/2023 at 00:26, BFTD said:

I've been moaning about that since it started about twenty years ago. Sports journalists are desperate to come up with something pointlessly misleading for hype.

The one that caused a major head's gone from me was when the press claimed that some English league club hadn't beaten a non-league team in about a hundred years. They'd only ever played each other twice, the last of which was won by the non-league club about fifty years prior.

Nice job taking an impressive historical result and making it seem dishonest. We'd be as well proclaiming that we're undefeated against Real Madrid, as it's technically true. f**k it, assemble a huge list of big clubs we've never played and boast about our record against them on the club website.

In Aberdeen's long and distinguished 120 year history, they have never beaten Darvel. 

One of my pet hates is when someone will say that the game lasted for 97 minutes with the 7 minutes added on to the second half. No one ever, ever, adds on the extra minutes from the first half. I saw someone on Saturday say that our game with Rangers lasted 103 minutes because of the extra 13 minutes in the second half. But there were 5 minutes added on to the first half so the match actually lasted 108 minutes. Mini rant over.

On a similar theme - when managers or pundits talk about teams playing 3 games in a week when they play Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday. No mate, there's only one Tuesday in a week, that's 3 games in 8 days.

If the trend continues for a few weeks, they'll say it's been 3 games a week all month, when they've actually only played 8 games in 4 weeks, not 12.

19 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

On a similar theme - when managers or pundits talk about teams playing 3 games in a week when they play Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday. No mate, there's only one Tuesday in a week, that's 3 games in 8 days.

If the trend continues for a few weeks, they'll say it's been 3 games a week all month, when they've actually only played 8 games in 4 weeks, not 12.

We seem to have a weird obsession with not saying you have played 2 games in a week.   It goes from one game a week to three just by adding a midweek match 

On 11/08/2023 at 08:12, DA Baracus said:

I recall that although in that picture he's clearly wearing the number 11.

On 11/08/2023 at 08:14, Molotov said:

Yeah I think that it was in his final season at Aberdeen that he wore 0.

IMG_3519.jpeg.db593cf1f910d4603f8d52b2c90e087f.jpeg

He wore number 0 2000-01 season until he got his leg broke against Motherwell.

when he returned in the 2001-02 season he went to number 11 as he thought the number 0 shirt was bad luck due to the leg break 

10 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Champions league teams dropping into the europa league knockouts (which they just shouldn’t be aloud to. Once you are out a competition, you are out. You don’t want to be out, don’t be shite) Then the pundits talking about how it is much more of a struggle to play Thursday/Sunday instead of Wednesday/Saturday (sometimes Sunday)

On 30/09/2023 at 23:05, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

"Brentford looking for their first win at Old Trafford since 1937." Today was Brentford's 6th game since 1937...

It's hard for me to articulate this without sounding Brexity, but I don't like teams signing foreign players for their academies as I think it sort of defeats the purpose of a youth system. Same with counting folk who have been in your academy for about a year as academy players. 

I think there are a lot of good things about how globalised football's become, but I also think that makes it even more important that you have young, relatively local players coming through on a somewhat regular basis, especially when you're like Celtic or Rangers and don't really represent anything about the country your club's based in. Even a quarter of the way through a good season with Accies, it's been annoying that that academy players are getting knocked further and further down the pecking order in favour of run-of-the-mill Scottish lower league footballers. 

I'm not sure if this one has been mentioned yet but anything related to NFTs/Fan Tokens and I just saw this article today.

Clubs promoting NFTs pose 'risk' to fans, MPs warn

The whole thing just makes me feel uneasy.  The way clubs try and sell the idea to fans, the way those companies with their army of Twitter bots hyping things up and the fact that these sorts of things absolutely plummet in value as soon as they hit the market.

Just look at the failed attempts by Hibs and Rangers and that utterly detestable company Sportemon Go (just the name alone annoys me for how shite it is).

Its sold as "fan engagement" but there are more efficient and morally acceptable ways to do so then these sorts of schemes.

St Mirren are having a great season so far, but my enjoyment of it is actually being spoiled by the biggest problem currently affecting football throughout the UK - I just can’t get a Mary Earps goalkeeper jersey anywhere.

Edited by pozbaird